g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thank feck for that, Guardiola next please!

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
So this summer he will have been at the club for 8 seasons (9 if you count the season he was in charge for like 80%).

Assuming no PL trophy, he will have won Liverpool 2 big trophies. 1 more than Benitez in almost 3 more years. Then again, Benitez didn't have to compete against the cheating criminals that are City, so Klopp is clearly the better of the two.

United Hobbit

I know we will never be able to but would you take another season of ETH if it means giving Klopp his sabbatical and then him joining end of next season?

I reckon he'll manage Germany, especially if he's burnt out international is less relentless than league teams

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
And? Those achievements are not of someone that is "one of the best", he is right.
I do not understand why so many people on this forum fail to grasp the simple reality that a manager's achievements cannot be viewed in isolation to the money they have available to work with.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This was my first question. Pushed? Had enough? Has a better offer elsewhere (Bayern)? All seems a bit mental.
I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp takes over the German national team after the season. Nagelsmann is on a short term contract anyway, Klopp could be the proper long term solution after the Euros

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I honestly don’t get why you would announce this now, wait until May. It could become one hell of a distraction for them
Or it could motivate our players for one more run under Klopp, the proof will be in the pudding.

Skills

Snitch
Good time for him to leave. He'll have to replace Salah soon enough, and that's going to be a massive job

crossy1686

career ending
I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp takes over the German national team after the season. Nagelsmann is on a short term contract anyway, Klopp could be the proper long term solution after the Euros
Was thinking that also but I wasn't sure about the Nagelsmann situation. Would Klopp be seen as a good appointment?

Semigoodlookin

He is 56, plenty of time to go somewhere else and come back to haunt Liverpool and eclipse his legacy with them.

Kaos

I honestly don’t get why you would announce this now, wait until May. It could become one hell of a distraction for them
Im guessing its because it would be difficult to keep under wraps (like we learned with Fergie deciding to retire in 2013). I feel the rumours would be more distracting than the announcement itself. That and they could use it as a rallying cry for the team to win one last league title for Tippex Teeth.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great news on one hand since he’s a fantastic manager. On the other hand it means another team looking for a top manager in the summer and there aren’t that many to go around.

Oranges038

Salahs not got much longer either, scousers about to find out how hard it is when a period of stability and success comes to an end
They were used to it for 30 years, shouldn't be too hard for them to re adapt.

Brophs

The One and Only
At least these guys won’t have to spend so much time fake laughing now.

ShoePolish

But but, he's doing this massive rebuild, they are going for treble in few seasons, la?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Im guessing its because it would be difficult to keep under wraps (like we learned with Fergie deciding to retire in 2013).
What do you mean ? It was not known publically until after the title had been secured.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Has this been shared yet? I wonder if there might be medical reasons for him leaving? Listen very carefully to his explanation.
I think so. Posted already about him being far more spiky and irritable this year with media and journalists. Think it is all linked and don't think he's lying at all about being burnt out and being incapable of the intensity of it.

Demonstrates once again really just how incredible Ferguson was.

Kaos

Get a grip ffs
I mean he's not wrong is he? He's an ex Liverpool player thats clearly fond of his old club, and so far they're still a better run club than we are. Not sure why it's outrageous to suggest he'd almost certainly pick them over us.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
spare a thought for poor jamie, being nonced up something chronic by henry as we speak.