Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

stevoc

And that winner's mentality has won what in the interim between Ferguson leaving and now? Maybe making a fuss about the best manager you were ever going to have would have been worthwhile rather than fetishising "mentality" as being all important
If only we knew, we could have also had a big embarrassing cringe fest send off when Fergie retired.

Oh well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You see how mental the hyperbole is around this club and it’s impossible not to suspect that there is the same sentiment towards them rife throughout the EPL, FA and PGMOL which explains the treatment and decisions they constantly get.

Mike Smalling

I was browning r/soccer the other day, and of the ten highest posts around seven or eight must have been about Klopp's departure. It was like "Last YAWN of the Klopp era", "Trent Alexander-Arnold with tears in his eyes as Klopp says farewell", "Klopp takes picture of journalists in final press conference", "Here the picture Klopp took of the journalists", "Nunez not clapping during Klopps guard of honor", "Klopp chanting Arne Slots name". It was like football stood still.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn’t. No one remembers who came second in sport
That's just factually incorrect.

There is also nothing wrong with being grateful for the season you've just had (or entire journey together, in Klopp's case). Between us celebrating our legends (and undoubtedly over-doing it in some instances in your opinion), and let's say Arsenal fans literally walking out of their stadium before FT when they are losing a game in the title race, I know which side I'd rather be on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That's just factually incorrect.

There is also nothing wrong with being grateful for the season you've just had (or entire journey together, in Klopp's case). Between us celebrating our legends (and undoubtedly over-doing it in some instances in your opinion), and let's say Arsenal fans literally walking out of their stadium before FT when they are losing a game in the title race, I know which side I'd rather be on.
So you’d like an open top bus through the city to celebrate..nothing?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So you’d like an open top bus through the city to celebrate..nothing?
How did you get that from my post? :lol:

We did win something this season by the way in case you had forgotten. Does it need a bus tour for me, no, but I also won't fault people going to such a thing should it happen.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How did you get that from my post? :lol:

We did win something this season by the way in case you had forgotten. Does it need a bus tour for me, no, but I also won't fault people going to such a thing should it happen.
While the world laughs at the scousers again :lol:

knock ourselves out.

mu4c_20le

Its funny I remember reading RAWK 14 years ago and they were adamant Fergie was actually some closet alcoholic. Who famously live into their mid 80s.
Ah yes, whiskey nose, they used to call him. Good times.

JediSith

Where do we see Klopp at next? I know he’s taking time out. RM seems the obvious job in the future. But think he’d be more suited to a club like Atletico, what a project for him. Or ideally AC Milan can he turn around the former glamour club of Europe and bring them a CL title.

I think the AC job is more similar to Liverpool, although they have won league recently and are a better team than the Liverpool team he took over. But the expectations of being the best in Europe are there and if he does it will cement him as the better, more legendary manager than Pep.

Mike Smalling

Where do we see Klopp at next? I know he’s taking time out. RM seems the obvious job in the future. But think he’d be more suited to a club like Atletico, what a project for him. Or ideally AC Milan can he turn around the former glamour club of Europe and bring them a CL title.

I think the AC job is more similar to Liverpool, although they have won league recently and are a better team than the Liverpool team he took over. But the expectations of being the best in Europe are there and if he does it will cement him as the better, more legendary manager than Pep.
For some reason, I don't see him in one of the absolute heavy weights of European football like Real Madrid, AC Milan or Barcelona. I'd say the German national team is the most likely for him. He's spoken about how he's out of energy and needs a long break, so a national team job could be a good alternative for him.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
While the world laughs at the scousers again :lol:

knock ourselves out.
Think you'd be in for a rude awakening at who would get the most stick, Liverpool for an open bus tour for a domestic cup win or United for your entire season, especially outside of the UK.

Literally no one apart from a few obsessed Utd fans cares about how a trophy is celebrated.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Think you'd be in for a rude awakening at who would get the most stick, Liverpool for an open bus tour for a domestic cup win or United for your entire season, especially outside of the UK.

Literally no one apart from a few obsessed Utd fans cares about how a trophy is celebrated.
The whole of England far outside United fans would absolutely mock you if you had a bus parade for a Carabao Cup and third place, as they were planning to, which contributed to your club knocking it on the head.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
For some reason, I don't see him in one of the absolute heavy weights of European football like Real Madrid, AC Milan or Barcelona. I'd say the German national team is the most likely for him. He's spoken about how he's out of energy and needs a long break, so a national team job could be a good alternative for him.
Klopp to Germany. Nagelsmann to United. LFG

mu4c_20le

That, getting dropped, and the instagram stuff. Amazing scenes really, especially after all the support he's given him.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
That, getting dropped, and the instagram stuff. Amazing scenes really, especially after all the support he's given him.
Klopp was the one who pushed for Nunez. If he wasn’t producing in that system but was still coming on as a sub and starting now and again then yes he shouldn’t be disrespecting the man who brought him to Liverpool. We will see how the new regime handles this because we don’t need players with a constant cob on if they don’t start every match.

erikcred

They amount to the exact same thing though. A Champions League place and feck all else.
Yeah, not getting sucked into discussing this with someone who thinks finishing 1 point behind City and finishing 50 points behind City are the same because they "amount to the same thing". Have a good one, mate.

erikcred

x1? Last season Arsenal didn't challenge them in your eyes?
That's a fair question. I guess I could've added Arsenal last season and Liverpool this season.

But I was trying to make a specific point about those teams keeping title races alive till the last day and didn't want to add more caveats by adding these other two seasons.

Rojofiam

That's a fair question. I guess I could've added Arsenal last season and Liverpool this season.

But I was trying to make a specific point about those teams keeping title races alive till the last day and didn't want to add more caveats by adding these other two seasons.
I agree with your posts that we never seriously challenged them for the title, unlike Liverpool and Arsenal have, and simply drawing the conclusion that they ended up trophyless like we did, so it's the same, is very dumb and it's basically refusing to contextualize things.

But yeah, I don't see how Arsenal didn't do a serious title challenge for two seasons in a row now.

stevoc

Yeah, not getting sucked into discussing this with someone who thinks finishing 1 point behind City and finishing 50 points behind City are the same because they "amount to the same thing". Have a good one, mate.
I didn't say they are the same, I said you get the same for both. Feck all.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
2nd is 2nd. Points totals are just that, nothing to do with anything.

do United reminisce on the times we came 2nd because it was by narrow margins

atkar83

What if he took the England team job. That'd be a mindf**** for United fans

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
2nd is 2nd. Points totals are just that, nothing to do with anything.

do United reminisce on the times we came 2nd because it was by narrow margins
Oh no, you definitely don't think more about the Aguerooooo title loss than the one you lost to City with a gazillion points.

Can't be bothered looking for it but I swear there was an actual thread on here "10 years since that Augero goal" a few years back.

RedRocket9908

Oh no, you definitely don't think more about the Aguerooooo title loss than the one you lost to City with a gazillion points.

Can't be bothered looking for it but I swear there was an actual thread on here "10 years since that Augero goal" a few years back.
The Aguero one was during the period covered by the 115 charges so if they are found guilty we should be awarded that title.