Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

Red Royal

Offer him a salary he can't refuse and give ETH his marching orders at the end of the season!!
I don't get how any United fans could stomach this guy in charge of our club. Mourhinho was bad enough after his Chelsea stints, but this would take the biscuit. And same goes for Pep .... don't want.

LordSpud

Because it is Liverpool, I would believe they already have a replacement lined up or discussed. Also it is telling how this news comes out of the blue. If it were at United, the leaks would have happened 2 days back.
In the past yeah. We literally just got a new CEO and no-one had a scooby

Because it is Liverpool, I would believe they already have a replacement lined up or discussed. Also it is telling how this news comes out of the blue. If it were at United, the leaks would have happened 2 days back.
Not sure about that. Klopp was a lucky stroke, long forgotten now but FSG were making a total fecking mess of it before that.

Real Name

I don't get how any United fans could stomach this guy in charge of our club. Mourhinho was bad enough after his Chelsea stints, but this would take the biscuit. And same goes for Pep .... don't want.
Easily. He's one of the best around.

GlasgowCeltic

I reckon Salah is gone in the summer too. Reckon VVD might be tempted to leave also. If so, it's going to be a big rebuild job for the next man.
Allison should be the one pushing to go if they’re about to enter a fallow period, the worlds best keeper, any of the top clubs ditch their keeper for him

SungSam7

I don't care who a person manages! As long as thr guy is committed to the job and is capable. I didn't want Mourinho based on the style of football he was known for. But Klopp has shown that he cuts guys if they aren't up to the task and doesn't have them getting extended contracts.

Beggers can't be choosers right now and if he was willing to join, I'd personally forgive his wrong doings in a heartbeat!

Its all gone Shane Long

Certainly not a dull January window now, this trumps all news, I heard only 36mill spent by PL clubs this window. As ETH said, eras come to an end, and hopefully we can now ourselves get the right people in and build the next era.

TheGame

I don't care who a person manages! As long as thr guy is committed to the job and is capable. I didn't want Mourinho based on the style of football he was known for. But Klopp has shown that he cuts guys if they aren't up to the task and doesn't have them getting extended contracts.

Beggers can't be choosers right now and if he was willing to join, I'd personally forgive his wrong doings in a heartbeat!
He is obviously burnt out so isn’t going to suddenly take on another job let alone his old clubs biggest rivals.

Dr Foo

He’s done a phenomenal job for them. If not for 115 he would surely have a few more titles with them. High octane takes it’s toll

Hammondo

INEOS are secretly hiring big names in PL (or paying them to quit their clubs using bitcoin so its untrackable). If you cant beat them, make them join you or make them leave.
How do you know this?

IWat

He is obviously burnt out so isn’t going to suddenly take on another job let alone his old clubs biggest rivals.
Yeah I imagine he'll take next season off and actually have a break and plot his next move from there. If he's burnt out now coming to this shit show would be the last thing you'd want to do.

TheGame

Yeah I imagine he'll take next season off and actually have a break and plot his next move from there. If he's burnt out now coming to this shit show would be the last thing you'd want to do.
Yep, year out then next challenge. Could be national team or another club depending on how the situation is then.

crossy1686

career ending
Oh my bad, was looking forward to a nice merry go round... But extending contracts surely just means that you'd potentially have to convince the guy and agree to a fee with the club.
Probably, but also it would be madness to jump into an environment you've got no experience in because you had a good 12 months. Xabi will probably stay another year regardless and Ancelotti is going nowhere

Coxy

Thanks christ - hope to see Liverpool start to slowly falter now.

SungSam7

Would totally understand, he's had to toe to toe with City, in another era, he would have dominated the league with ease. Can be tiring having to be at your best to keep up with the constant upgrades City would do while he hadn't the same luxury.

Fair play to the man, he managed to crown them champions of England, Europe and the world. How different United could have been if Woodward wasn't the guy to try entice him to the club all those years ago.

Dr Foo

Actually, I think this may win them the title. If I were Liverpool player I would play my guts out for the rest of the season to see Jurgen off with a title win. I have no doubt they feel that way, he is loved and adored there like sir Alex was here

To be honest, I would much rather that annoying Pep had left ;) Even though Klopp is Liverpool's manager he is universally liked, by even many United fans

The guy is undeniably brilliant, even without oil money and even though he has tried some digs at us over years (as expected) he is clearly a good guy

I wish him all the best
Could go either way I guess. Back in 01/02 Fergie announced mid season he was retiring that season. Our form dipped and we only got better when he backtracked on his decision

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Announcing before Chelsea seems like a daft idea too.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I strongly dislike Liverpool, but clearly Klopp was a manager that most fans of most clubs would love to have at their club.

Before he took over, Liverpool had won 1 trophy during the previous 9 seasons (the 2012 League Cup), and had finished in the top 4 once during the previous 6 seasons.

In 2018/2019 for example, I wanted City to beat Liverpool during the title race, as I wanted Liverpool's hilariously long title drought to continue. But this season I'm so bored of City's (IMO sterile) domination, that I'm basically 'Anyone But City' and want Liverpool to beat them (if a two horse race between them does emerge).

In terms of Liverpool beyond then, some managers are more difficult to replace than others, and he will leave a huge void there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only downhill for them from here on (after this season)

But it Xabi Alonso is a genuinely good manager they won’t disappear - but hard to see them matching the level Klopp got them to for a long long time.

Matst1

In the Athletic article by James Pearce, it says it’s from exhaustion and informed the club directors in November.

“I told the club already in November,” Klopp said. “I have to explain a little bit that maybe the job I do people see from the outside, I’m on the touchline and in training sessions and stuff like this, but the majority of all the things happen around these kind of things. That means a season starts and you plan pretty much the next season already.

“When we sat there together talking about potential signings, the next summer camp and can we go wherever the thought came up, ‘I am not sure I am here then anymore’ and I was surprised myself by that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very rare for a manager’s departure to be reported when their team is top of the league

sparx99

Hopefully Alonso goes to Madrid instead of replacing Klopp as I can see him doing great.
Hasn’t Ancelotti extended his deal? I could see Klopp taking a year off then coming in at Madrid maybe.