2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

gregwar

Really impressive debut. We've needed a midfielder like him for ages, just hope he stays clear of injuries.

Tender Teacher

He was extremely neat, tidy and composed, but I also remember Reece Oxford making a very similar debut for West Ham at 16 years old.

I'd need to see more of and from him to get too excited.

Dan_F

Unbelievable calmness and ball progression. It’s always a worry how well a player will translate their play into men’s football, but he looked exactly the same.

The biggest compliment I can pay him is that he seemed to take a different option on the ball to what I was expecting, every time. I’m so used to watching our midfield amble around and pass it back and sideways. It was a shock to see someone so technically good that their first touch takes the ball away from the press and allow him to progress through the middle with ease.

Walters_19_MuFc

De Jong esque.

Seriously, though, he put some of our players to shame today. Did everything expected of a midfielder, and there's much more to come from him.

Good game from him.

ash_86

He is him. Build the midfield around him and add like minded good with ball midfielders and boom , we will dominate the games

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He was extremely neat, tidy and composed, but I also remember Reece Oxford making a very similar debut for West Ham at 16 years old.

I'd need to see more of and from him to get too excited.
He was exactly the same in his first team debut in the cup last year. His composure is ridiculous, but he’s also very nimble, agile, and perceptive. Those aren’t things you can just turn on on the good days, they’re just great fundamentals to build from.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Knows where, when and how to run with the ball. Perfect timing with passing, too.

Easy choice for any manager, who needs control in midfield.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Then why did we sign him?
To help us implement a press like at the better teams do, win the ball high up the pitch and also be strong in attack / transitions. The problem is what he’s never been fit and our foundation for that pressing / transition play is a bit flawed given most of the team lacks ability under pressure and to boot some players are lacking in the press as well (like Rashford) which means Hojlund and when he plays, Mount has to do the work of two.

Glorio

The minute he got injured pre-season, our performances took a nosedive

siw2007

Long way to go for the lad but when you consider that he was making his first start for a United team under a lot of pressure for poor performances and in a really hostile atmosphere, then that is as good as a start as I could hope for. Can’t wait to see him play at Old Trafford.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Hopefully means people will stop insisting every young player needs a loan or multiple just to get kicked in the championship just so they can develop. He put every senior midfielder we had to shame today on his first ever start. THATS what a midfielder with technical quality and brains can do.

Build the entire midfield around him in the future please.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Those little feints and first time passes, think only Eriksen has that in his locker for us outside him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol:

So composed the kid. Lovely to see.
As you can see, I'm very happy :D

I've been wanting players like this integrated into the squad for soooooo long. I got some stick for going on about it but you see the difference one makes. I hope in future transfer windows we start prioritising these types of players now. Please!

sleepehead

All that money spent on midfielders and we had the best one in the youth team.
Tbf he's already had his debut last season and even then he just looked so calm, idk what it is but he just has this aura of safety about him.

Shinjch

Class act, look forward to seeing him gain fitness and form. Plenty more to come.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Cool as a cucumber. Easily the best player on the pitch tonight.

Bobski

No :lol: Claimed Mainoo was the best player but gave it to Garnacho for the goal
To be fair I can understand why. Garnacho just scored a contender for the best goal in the history of the club, a truly absurd moment.