2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

FerociousCorgis

i guess now the better time to miss while everyone else is fresh and have some international breaks before busy season. Seems like he will be the rotation with case once he comes back. At this point just need to hope he comes back healthy and we can get him those minutes this season. The good thing is when he is back and fit will be perfect to start getting Case some rest games/rotation hopefully to keep him fresh for the year. If as EtH said, and not what the tweet tried to say, that he views him as a case replacement that would be good since he is getting up there in age and wont last much longer at top level in the EPL

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Two months is a long time to wait and even then, very good as Mainoo is, a lot of pressure on his shoulders if we're struggling which I suspect we will be.

We really need to get another midfield body in.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
An absurd amount of pressure to lay at the feet of a debutant in the most hotly contested area of the pitch.

He really looks the part, but you ease talent in. Even Pedri and Fabregas were surrounded by class before taking on the mantles for themselves.

Chairman Steve

Sucks he got injured but it feels like every other team is dealing with a horribly timed injury to someone who would be in with a good chance of featuring in games at the moment. At least he wasn’t one of the numerous ACLs that have cropped up.

bobglory

BUMP . is that still a thing ?

watched most of pre season and he was the best player on the pitch , just watched a couple of youtube videos and yea yea i know diego forlan was pele in a vid but there is something special about this kid . he is what pogba should have been and reminds me a bit of robson with his drive but has such composure on the ball like he has all time in the world . first name on the team sheet in 2 years .

Baneofthegame

BUMP . is that still a thing ?

watched most of pre season and he was the best player on the pitch , just watched a couple of youtube videos and yea yea i know diego forlan was pele in a vid but there is something special about this kid . he is what pogba should have been and reminds me a bit of robson with his drive but has such composure on the ball like he has all time in the world . first name on the team sheet in 2 years .
I actually enjoy his work off the ball at times when I watched him pre season, he’s definitely going to have a role this season if he comes back from injury ok.

lex talionis

Kobbie looks a special talent to me as well. The problem is that unlike wide players who can be out of the action for a minute or two without harm, central players are always a moment away from a critical play and you risk a lot by putting such a young player in such a demanding role. We need to start establishing 2-3 goal leads early enough in games this season to get Kobbie serious action so that when he's 20 or 21 we can demand of him more than we expect this season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What's the current timeline on his recovery?

This is one of the very few 'Player Performances' thread I will venture into over the international break. Seems safe so far.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What's the current timeline on his recovery?

This is one of the very few 'Player Performances' thread I will venture into over the international break. Seems safe so far.
If we're lucky we'll see him back in training by the end of the month. Could be longer, though.

jesperjaap

Like most, I agree he looks a special talent, not the only one, I do also rate Garnacho and Hannibal very highly and a couple of others are decent too in Amad and Pellstri.

That is a vry good potential return from our youth sides if they get opportunities.

Same token though, its kind of mad that we have bought two central midfielders and alongside Hoijlund, a lot of people, incluigng myself tbh are pinning our hopes of any success this season on a teenager that has barely played.

Maybe generalising, but we have seen with Garnacho that talented youngsters and inconsistencies may not be ready to start regularly. hope there is patience with him and Hannibal too and hope BOTH get opportunities before January as think both can take them

Giggsyking

Tweet doesn’t work here. What does it say?
It has been taken off from utd plug, it was saying he will make a surprise return before the Brighton game accoridng to MEN. I guess its not true.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

I have a feeling he won’t play much now which is a pity. He lost major momentum/opportunity there and then we signed Amrabat. It feels like the midfield is fairly stocked all of a sudden
Well Hannibal was unlucky a while ago when looking like gettin gchances to get injuries then away on international duty, think under Ragnick, so you may be right.

But I think he wil still get chances from the bench and I also am not sure the balance of our midfield is right between any three from Fernandes/Mount/Casemeiro/Arambat, still feel balance wise our best midfield includes him even at his tender years.

The players i do feel wont get opportunities now is Hannibal again...and personally I still think he is potentially at least a better option than to of those four midfielders for number 8, so that is a shame

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He looks a proper midfielder and I hope he gets minutes this year to get used to dealing with the crowds and pressure etc. But ease him in slowly and give him time whenever we can. He seems to have such a natural affinity of the game, I could easily see him filling in in a multitude of positions this year just to get valuable minutes here and there. But his future is as a deep playmaker I feel. He’s got everything to excel there, some thing between what one would call a 6 and an 8. Perfect in a double pivot.

NZT-One

Good to hear he is getting closer but really ancious that ETH is pacing his introduction well. The pressure from the fanbase has risen in his absence to big levels, hopefully he isn't getting crushed.

tomaldinho1

Nice. In my head Mainoo - Amrabat is already better midfield than current Casemiro and what is left from Eriksen.
Amarabat sitting, Mainoo/Mount as 8’s I reckon we will see in cup. Bruno rested (who am I kidding).

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Amarabat sitting, Mainoo/Mount as 8’s I reckon we will see in cup. Bruno rested (who am I kidding).
I would play Amrabat with Mount in midfield and Bruno in no10, classic 4231. Mainoo to replace Mount after 60'.
We are in very comfortable situation that we can try anything in midfield and it probably won't be worse than what we've seen so far.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Good to hear he is getting closer but really ancious that ETH is pacing his introduction well. The pressure from the fanbase has risen in his absence to big levels, hopefully he isn't getting crushed.
Yeah, he's 18 with barely any first team experience. Not expecting much this season, particularly given our situation.

tomaldinho1

I would play Amrabat with Mount in midfield and Bruno in no10, classic 4231. Mainoo to replace Mount after 60'.
We are in very comfortable situation that we can try anything in midfield and it probably won't be worse than what we've seen so far.
Wait until you see Bruno as a holding mid with Sancho as the other CM and Maguire at 10.

Leethal

Exactly. So keep Mount well away, as he was chief culprit in our first few dire performances; being by far the worst midfielder of the lot. Just play Mainoo. Scrap this Mason Mount bollocks. Just have Mount sit on the bench and come on for Bruno when he needs a rest. Or something. Keep him well away from the first choice starting XI.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Exactly. So keep Mount well away, as he was chief culprit in our first few dire performances; being by far the worst midfielder of the lot. Just play Mainoo. Scrap this Mason Mount bollocks. Just have Mount sit on the bench and come on for Bruno when he needs a rest. Or something. Keep him well away from the first choice starting XI.
I am actually of the opinion it's not exactly Mount's fault. I think he's been used badly. He needs to play deeper as part of the midfield. He was part of the attacking formation more than anything else. This makes us unbalanced.