2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Valencia Shin Crosses

Like I said the first time he played and bossed it in his debut: So clearly the best midfielder we have at the club. Technique, composure, athleticism, IQ, and just plays the game on a higher level than anyone else we have. Get more that can play on his level and we'll go somewhere instead of the suicidal brainlets we have currently.

Bobski

I mean, dude, what a moment, legendary shit that goal, meg, step inside and a sweet curve into the corner like some sort of Ronaldinho/Makele hybrid.

Ridiculous potential.

Waynne

Whatever happens with the new structure he has to absolutely be part of the setup going forward.

Press resistant, composure on the ball, good passing range.

It's like we found our own Frenkie De Jong.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A slightly more apt comparison would be Gavi — a tenacious tidy enough midfielder who came through the ranks, got his chance and very much took it.
Think I was being too harsh. He’s more Pedri level. Phenom.

slored1

This kid is just spectacular on every level. Unfazed, poised, always in control. On a different planet to the other two midfielders in the team today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The defining characteristic of Kobbie's game is composure. He always looks like he has time because he's always thought ahead before he gets the ball. That's what you see with that winner. He's read the game around him and he almost looks like he's gliding past opponents, because his anticipation and judgement is so good. Considering the amount of money we have wasted on midfielders over the past decade, we can say God has smiled on us to have this kid come through our academy.

Gordon S

Kobbie ”balls of steel” Mainoo
Best composure of all our players. Absolute class act.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What a fecking player. Was my man on the match before the goal. Then he goes and does that. What composure, and what a finish.

Someone

Something
The defining characteristic of Kobbie's game is composure. He always looks like he has time because he's always thought ahead before he gets the ball. That's what you see with that winner. He's read the game around him and he almost looks like he's gliding past opponents, because his anticipation and judgement is so good. Considering the amount of money we have wasted on midfielders over the past decade, we can say God has smiled on us to have this kid come through our academy.
Spot on.

He had the calmness and composure at a time of complete chaos. A very special boy, and our best midfielder today by a mile.

LInkash

I don't think I've celebrated a goal as wildly as is did for this one since Machedaaaaa. This won't be a title decider but there's just something special about a late winner from an academy product. Let's hope he has a better career than Kiko, signs sure are promising.

Ekeke

Good first half, mostly with the ball winning side of things and okay on the ball. Second half Wolves came onto us and our midfield struggled to have as much impact. But then he came up with an outstanding goal showing his composure and technique to help lead his team to 3 points at 18 years old. Might be the future captain at this rate. I had Lisandro Martinez or Hoijlund as man of the match before that individual goal, but Mainoo got my vote after the goal.

tomaldinho1

Didn’t know he had that in his game, would honestly say he’s the most exciting young CM around right now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He is smooth as silk. Was ready to praise his performance even before that goal but holy shit :lol: dribbled past three players and slotted it home in the 97th minute like it was nothing. Absolutely oozes class. Kid is special.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The way he carried the ball near our box while being pressed by three Wolves players as if there wasn't anyone near him towards the end of the game was as impressive as the goal for me. That's some ridiculous composure and press-resistance.

Ludens the Red

Even his celebration was pure chill :lol:
I know we hype our kids a lot but we’ve not had a player with this skill set come through probably since Scholesy.

Mike Smalling

I can't stop watching it

So great! Small detail here is that Forson makes the run that drags away the defender, so Mainoo has the space for the shot.

He is now just firmly in the best starting XI, which is a bit crazy. But if you're good enough, you're old enough and all that.

RedStarUnited

I don't think I've celebrated a goal as wildly as is did for this one since Machedaaaaa. This won't be a title decider but there's just something special about a late winner from an academy product. Let's hope he has a better career than Kiko, signs sure are promising.
My throat still hurts from when Evra put us 1-0 up against Bayern. I really thought we could do something…

Anyway Mainoo what a player. Team has to be built around him.i loved the celebration.

Woziak

Didn’t know he had that in his game, would honestly say he’s the most exciting young CM around right now.
If you watched him for England under 18 or United Yoith team he was this all action midfield player, he’s always been more of an 8 than a 6, the litte cheeky Meg before he drifts parts players and curls it in the corner. That goal might just have save ETH job for a few more weeks !