Kobbie Mainoo

SteveW

Hugely impressed by this kid. Can see him getting fast tracked and playing mostly at u23s by end of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm glad he's proving me right thus far. He was my MOTM and Habeeb and Kambwala were also very good IMO.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I'm probably misremembering and being a tad hyperbolic, but it really seems like he's been our best player in every game this season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm probably misremembering and being a tad hyperbolic, but it really seems like he's been our best player in every game this season
Thought Oyedele slightly edged him yesterday. Mainoo, Ogunneye and Oyedele were all really good. I hope I’ve not butchered those spellings too.

Bondi77

Thought Oyedele slightly edged him yesterday. Mainoo, Ogunneye and Oyedele were all really good. I hope I’ve not butchered those spellings too.
I am sure there will be plenty of people butchering the pronunciations of those names in years to come!

khoazany

Call them Kobbie, Habeeb and Max and there'll be no confusion

Bigsid

Habeeb always been the pick of the 16s and looks much better than the lad signed from Derby. Mainoo also a good talent. Shows difference in year group from last year after we beat Boro 8-2 that we salvaged a draw against 10 men yesterday.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Habeeb always been the pick of the 16s and looks much better than the lad signed from Derby. Mainoo also a good talent. Shows difference in year group from last year after we beat Boro 8-2 that we salvaged a draw against 10 men yesterday.
It's hard for a fullback to stand out. But given Scanlon and Sharpe are forwards I'd say it's difficult to compare any of the recently bought Derby forwards to our existing fullback.

Demaw

In one game Habeeb looked more comfortable than Sharpe has done in a few games I've seen. Habeeb even played right back whereas he is usually a CB. It will take time. Mainoo looked average last year when he came up but really kicked on with another season so patience is key.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In one game Habeeb looked more comfortable than Sharpe has done in a few games I've seen. Habeeb even played right back whereas he is usually a CB. It will take time. Mainoo looked average last year when he came up but really kicked on with another season so patience is key.
So Ogunneye played centre-half when he was a lot younger then? He is certainly athletic enough. I don't get any line of sight at U/15's and lower like some people are able to do although over the last two seasons for the U/16's and U/17's he has been almost exclusively played at right or left fullback.

Sharpe, Scanlon and Kaba will take time to settle I guess.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He's a technically excellent young player that looks to be someone that I personally have high hopes for. Hopefully recent performances have also opened the eyes of those fans who insinuated that we had no talent in the current u18 team after the loss to Liverpool earlier this season. But even in that game it was easily recognisable that young Mainoo's touch and technique was of a superior level.

Demaw

He's a technically excellent young player that looks to be someone that I personally have high hopes for. Hopefully recent performances have also opened the eyes of those fans who insinuated that we had no talent in the current u18 team after the loss to Liverpool earlier this season. But even in that game it was easily recognisable that young Mainoo's touch and technique was of a superior level.
That skill in such close proximity, impressive!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's quite hard not to get overboard his talent. Looks very special.

Thiagoal

The kid is really class. Seems amazing to think that Cesc Fabregas was playing first team football at the age Mainoo is currently- very rare for a CM to play at such a high level so young

lysglimt

Scout
Well his potential is at least one level above practically everyone at the U18 - with one or two minor exceptions.

Remember the geese

What a talent! This was in the under 17 PL cup, but it doesn't look like he'll be playing too many more games for the under 18's. Debuted already for the 23's. I wonder if next season is too soon for a league cup appearance? Still so very young.

lysglimt

Scout
Been good so far - .but Oyadele been better imo. Kinda fun to have an opponent called ABU :)

Demaw

Awesome to see him getting better and better. 12 months ago he didn't stand put so patience is really needed with dome, like Elanga is another.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Just amazing.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Having not watched anything of him barring the above video his passing range and shielding of the ball share a striking resemblance to how Pogba plays the game. Now I'm not saying he'll be as good or whatever, just that there are similarities in his style

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Awesome to see him getting better and better. 12 months ago he didn't stand put so patience is really needed with dome, like Elanga is another.
12 months ago he was 15...I can only think of Ravel, James Wilson and Tom Lawrence who did anything even remotely exciting at that age in recent years.

Red_toad

Having not watched anything of him barring the above video his passing range and shielding of the ball share a striking resemblance to how Pogba plays the game. Now I'm not saying he'll be as good or whatever, just that there are similarities in his style
Not really anything like Pogba in my opinion. Not sure why people rush to compare young players to senior ones. I’d love it if we had a comparable senior player, as he’d be more what we need than Pogba.
The next first team manager appointment is really going to be critical for the development of these youngsters, I hope we get a risk taker who’ll give them a chance.

GueRed

Physically he uses hs body and rolls off players similarly to Pogba. That's it

GueRed

One of our most consistent performers this season
Everytime i watched him this season he's always impressed.

He's showed he can do a bit of everything in midfield well and can run all day.

One to watch.

OmarUnited4ever

Kobbie Mainoo!! what a cool name, I want him to succeed here just for his name.

Never seen anything about him beside the videos shared in this thread, he is a baller.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Physically he uses hs body and rolls off players similarly to Pogba. That's it
He also uses a lot of flick passes in that video, similar to what we have seen Pogba do in the past.

Again, I'm not comparing them as players, just stating in that one video there are similarities.