g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kylian Mbappe | PSG

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
World class.

He already is. It's laughable to say otherwise. You could tell last year in the games in the Champions League just how good he is.

Phil Neville saying he's the same level as Rashford is ridiculous. Mbappe walks into any team in the world. There is not one teams starting 11 he wouldn't improve.
Does he really though? If teams played there exact formation of now. Would he get in Barcelona over Dembele or Suarez? Dembele is better. Real Madrid over Benzema Or Bale? Chelsea over Morata, Juventus over Higuain or Mandzukic. The boy is a talent but people are getting ahead of them selves.

He is no better than Martial after he moved from Monaco to United. Also for comparison, he has scored 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. Lukaku has scored 10 in 9. Neymar 6 goals 6 assists in 7 games. Kane 9 goals in 8 games. Messi 11 goals in 8 games. Cavani 10 goals in 9 games. Lewandowski 11 goals in 10 games. Aubemayang 9 goals in 8 games. Aguero 7 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Even Martials stats are better this season. 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

I have put stats up of players who play in his position and every single one of them has smashed his tally this season. He can't be world class if he isn't putting up the stats of the other top strikers in the world. He is good but no where near world class yet.

Deleted member 101472

Does he really though? If teams played there exact formation of now. Would he get in Barcelona over Dembele or Suarez? Dembele is better. Real Madrid over Benzema Or Bale? Chelsea over Morata, Juventus over Higuain or Mandzukic. The boy is a talent but people are getting ahead of them selves.

He is no better than Martial after he moved from Monaco to United. Also for comparison, he has scored 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. Lukaku has scored 10 in 9. Neymar 6 goals 6 assists in 7 games. Kane 9 goals in 8 games. Messi 11 goals in 8 games. Cavani 10 goals in 9 games. Lewandowski 11 goals in 10 games. Aubemayang 9 goals in 8 games. Aguero 7 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Even Martials stats are better this season. 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

I have put stats up of players who play in his position and every single one of them has smashed his tally this season. He can't be world class if he isn't putting up the stats of the other top strikers in the world. He is good but no where near world class yet.
Mbappe is better than dembele, absolutely 1000000%

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mbappe is better than dembele, absolutely 1000000%
Even so what does that do to dispel my argument? Besides he would only get in Barcelona because their attack has depleted. Put Neymar back there and he doesn't get in that first 11. Same with the other clubs mentioned. I could name 15 strikers better than him. That means he isn't world class and only a good striker.

Deleted member 101472

Even so what does that do to dispel my argument? Besides he would only get in Barcelona because their attack has depleted. Put Neymar back there and he doesn't get in that first 11. Same with the other clubs mentioned. I could name 15 strikers better than him. That means he isn't world class and only a good striker.
Different people will have different opinions on what world class is. Right now, on 2017 form, he'd displace Suarez from that Barcelona team and benzema from the real team no problem.

He looks like he's been playing in the champions league for 10 years, so intelligent for his age and he can leave most defenders for dead in a foot race. Playing alongside Neymar and cavani is going to be great for him but he's the better prospect for me long term.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been watching him for almost a year and I'm yet to see a weak spot in his game. Ridiculous player.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Different people will have different opinions on what world class is. Right now, on 2017 form, he'd displace Suarez from that Barcelona team and benzema from the real team no problem.

He looks like he's been playing in the champions league for 10 years, so intelligent for his age and he can leave most defenders for dead in a foot race. Playing alongside Neymar and cavani is going to be great for him but he's the better prospect for me long term.
Would not go that far.

T_Model101

Your argument isn't relevant in the sense that every team you've mentioned would change their setup to have Mbappe in the starting eleven
He is a world class talent, it's just embarrassing to suggest otherwise

marktan

KYLIAN AGAINST BAYERN

Damn, are those all his touches? Really intelligent play, some players like C.Ronaldo just naturally make better choices and Mbappe looks to be the same. Imo football IQ is underrated but it makes the top players.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Your argument isn't relevant in the sense that every team you've mentioned would change their setup to have Mbappe in the starting eleven
He is a world class talent, it's just embarrassing to suggest otherwise
He has potential to be a world class striker but he isn't yet. What I said in a previous post shown below.

He has scored 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. Lukaku has scored10 in 9. Neymar 6 goals 6 assists in 7games. Kane 9 goals in 8 games. Messi11 goals in 8 games. Cavani 10 goals in 9 games. Lewandowski 11 goals in 10games. Aubemayang 9 goals in 8 games. Aguero 7 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Even Martials stats are better this season. 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

His stats this season are no where near the top strikers in the world. He is still a way off being a top striker.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He has potential to be a world class striker but he isn't yet. What I said in a previous post shown below.

He has scored 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. Lukaku has scored10 in 9. Neymar 6 goals 6 assists in 7games. Kane 9 goals in 8 games. Messi11 goals in 8 games. Cavani 10 goals in 9 games. Lewandowski 11 goals in 10games. Aubemayang 9 goals in 8 games. Aguero 7 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Even Martials stats are better this season. 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

His stats this season are no where near the top strikers in the world. He is still a way off being a top striker.
For one he is not playing as a CF like all of those guys(except Martial).

Edit and it is 3 goals 2 assists in 7 games this season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

He's obviously better than Dembele and he's much better than Martial after he left Monaco. He's not an outright striker like the names you compared him to.

He'd 100% start in every team in the world and I'd be surprised if his numbers don't massively improve as the season goes forward.

Bwuk

15 strikers better?

What?

Mainoldo

For one he is not playing as a CF like all of those guys(except Martial).

Edit and it is 3 goals 2 assists in 7 games this season.
I keep telling people Martial is the better player lol.

He looked good tonight but still didn't get the mad hype. I'm going to sit down and really watch him, he's obviously got some sauce but I might just be being ignorant to why I can't see it.

Schneckerl

Really intelligent play, some players like C.Ronaldo just naturally make better choices and Mbappe looks to be the same.
Not sure I understand. Wasn't that CR's problem at the start of his career?

marktan

Not sure I understand. Wasn't that CR's problem at the start of his career?
I didn't watch too much of Ronaldo pre-2005, but I've watched a fair few of his match highlights and for me the problem was when he tried to do it all himself. His natural football IQ was still pretty good, i.e. he could see passes, could dribble away from trouble. It's just that he was bit too much of a winger who tried to do to much himself, and he eventually grew into a more wide forward where he didn't need to do so much dribbling and would benefit from passing and getting into the box. His decision making I'd say has improved a lot now though yeah, I was basing the 'natural IQ' bit on the current version of Ronaldo, when you watch his highlights e.g. against Dortmund yesterday he didn't lose the ball at all and chose the better option that not. Really separates the good players from the great.

Schneckerl

Mbappe doesn't play the same role like those players and played less minutes.

If you actually would have bothered to watch the game the 3rd PSG goal would be a great example why just presenting stats without putting any thought to it is a huge failure. His contribution on that goal appears nowhere on the statsheet.

Lewandowski and Cavani scored several penalties - we know Mbappe won't get those.

Maybe Neymar and Cavani have a point with their feud after all and that's what's needed to get the deserved recognition today. Losing out on those precious penalty goals seems to make you a vastly inferior player in some peoples eyes as you've demonstrated.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I personally place Mbappe above Martial and Dembele (and definitely Coman, who I think is very overrated by some). It's not so much his talent or abilty, but his maturity and decision-making. I don't even take his age into account although he is younger than all of them. He just makes an impact on every game he's in; which is rare for any player, let alone a teenager.

But he's not playing as a striker, he is a RF and has adapted to it seamlessly, going back from his Under-19 days. You're comparing him to players who aren't just the center of the offense, but of their team pretty much. Mbappe has come in to make Cavani and Neymar shine, it's pretty clear to see in how he's been approaching the games thus far. Despite that, I'd say he's so far been the best player at the club in this early season. The stats don't reflect that, but the eye test does. He's been the most consistent of the Cavani-Neymar-Mbappe trident, and this game against Bayern was no different.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Damn, are those all his touches? Really intelligent play, some players like C.Ronaldo just naturally make better choices and Mbappe looks to be the same. Imo football IQ is underrated but it makes the top players.
Ronaldo's decision making used to be horrid. Rooney was naturally good at decision making at a young age. Same with Fabregas.

el3mel

He's far ahead from any young talent at this age it's unreal. He'll be a real monster in his 25-26 if that's how performance in his 19.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Feck me that’s weird. How on earth can you properly follow two games at once? No wonder I read so many strange opinions on here about player performances.
It's the norm these days especially if you're paying shit tonnes for your sports subscription. Always have two games on the go when it's CL.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Man, it's disheartening to see Neymar, Verrati and Mbappe playing in the same team. After Messi or Ronaldo, I'd have these three over any other footballer playing right now.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Back to Mbappe - for me definitely the best youngster in the world. Has it all put simply, mature, exceptional footballing IQ, flair, finishing ability and great athleticism.

All his rivals like Dembele, Martial etc are all still works in progress whereas he is already at a world class level where he can guaranteed torture a top side whereas the other lads are all still hit and miss. Technically so far ahead of someone like Rashford imo.

Still has lots of areas to develop but his core game is excellent for his age, it is better than Rooney at the same age and he's a more effective player than Messi and Ronaldo were at the same age (although I think dribbling wise he isn't as naturally gifted as they were but I see him as more of a striker type talent than those two once he matures).

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Back to Mbappe - for me definitely the best youngster in the world. Has it all put simply, mature, exceptional footballing IQ, flair, finishing ability and great athleticism.

All his rivals like Dembele, Martial etc are all still works in progress whereas he is already at a world class level where he can guaranteed torture a top side whereas the other lads are all still hit and miss. Technically so far ahead of someone like Rashford imo.

Still has lots of areas to develop but his core game is excellent for his age, it is better than Rooney at the same age and he's a more effective player than Messi and Ronaldo were at the same age (although I think dribbling wise he isn't as naturally gifted as they were but I see him as more of a striker type talent than those two once he matures).
Bar Thiago Silva I havent seen any defender shut him down completely so far.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I meant Dybala is at least a class below those players. Griezmann and Isco are comfortably better than him, for example.
He's comfortably better than Griezmann already as an all round player he's a far better dribbler, quicker, better movement with better vision. You could argue Griezmann has a better shot but that's about it. Griezmann played twice the league minutes and twice the CL minutes and got 1 more league goal, the same number of league assists, the same number of CL goals and 2 more CL assists. But Mbappe played half the number of minutes.

His form since February has been up there with the best forwards in the world, not much point comparing midfielders as they do a different job. Last night he could have had 3 assists. He's doing it in big games and it seems like he has it all. He already has the intelligence, finishing, creativity, close control and first touch alongside world class pace.

He's better than Dembele, Dembele doesn't have the same level of intelligence and often misplaces passes and isn't as quick. Given he can play anywhere across the forward line and excel only Suarez is consistently better than him right now out of those players.

He's doing it in big games and it seems like he has it all. He already has the intelligence, finishing, creativity, close control and first touch alongside world class pace.

There's a reason every club in Europe wanted him and he cost around 200 million and it isn't 'potential' it's because he's currently performing at a world class level. The only 18 year old in my life time this good was Ronaldo 9

He wont improve too much from here imo, the biggest change will be when he's finally moved centrally as that's more natural for him. His decision making is on point. Maybe he could improve his left foot but his heading wont be all that given his height. I think due to some players' age some people think they are bound to get significantly better but honestly the side of the game that improves the most in players through years is football brain(on ball and off the ball decision making) and he already has that on lock. He's like when Owen or Ronaldo(Brazilian) came through. They didn't become significantly better as time went on as they were already so heavily developed unlike Dembele/Cristiano/Martial who has/had frightening potential but some way to go before realizing it.
Brazilian Ronaldo didn't peak until he was 21. It would be truly disapointing if the best 18 year old in the world doesn't improve. He should improve his shooting technique, his close control, he should get stronger and may even become quicker.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He reminds me of CR in his 06/07 days. Only difference is he makes better decisions/less individualistic as he's not the main man...yet.

His IQ is unreal.
This, very much. I don't see the comparison with Ronaldo -Ronaldo was unstoppable, he never had to learn to play as part of a team because he could do whatever he wanted on a football pitch with the ball at his feet. Mbappé always makes the right decision but for Ronaldo, there was no such thing as a wrong decision. Mbappé is a far more similar player to post 2007 Cristiano than Fenomeno

He wont improve too much from here imo, the biggest change will be when he's finally moved centrally as that's more natural for him. His decision making is on point. Maybe he could improve his left foot but his heading wont be all that given his height. I think due to some players' age some people think they are bound to get significantly better but honestly the side of the game that improves the most in players through years is football brain(on ball and off the ball decision making) and he already has that on lock. He's like when Owen or Ronaldo(Brazilian) came through. They didn't become significantly better as time went on as they were already so heavily developed unlike Dembele/Cristiano/Martial who has/had frightening potential but some way to go before realizing it.
I agree with you, i also don't see how much room there is for him to improve...but he's still only 18. He could get better at everything yet. But even if he doesn't, on ability alone he's already a top 10 player in the world at worst

Yes and Yes. Yes and Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes The boy is not a talent. The boy already has more ability than all of those guys
Brazilian Ronaldo didn't peak until he was 21. It would be truly disapointing if the best 18 year old in the world doesn't improve. He should improve his shooting technique, his close control, he should get stronger and may even become quicker.
Yup. Although Ronaldo was already unstoppable at 18. He just got even more physically absurd and learned to play a bit more with/for his teammates

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
His maturity is amazing.
On and off the pitch. Maturity and poise are his biggest assets.

Wow, what a talent.

What’s his best position?
Monaco Academy: each season, he had a different role (left, right, CF). That is why, he's really complete.
Last season: he played in a 4-4-2 with Falcao

"Forward"would be the better terl. Like young Thierry Henry, he can be deployed as a wing-forward but in the long run, he will become a CF. Less sharp than Henry but more collective/complete at the same age

How many strikers/forwards under 22 are better than him?

Bar Thiago Silva I havent seen any defender shut him down completely so far.
Yes.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
He's undoubtedly a great player, but I can't help but think he's stifling his development in Ligue 1.

He has the potential to be CR7-esque, he started in the PL then switched to La Liga, both good quality, hard leagues to compete in. Mbappe is thriving in Ligue 1, but I feel the quality of that league just isn't the same as PL, Bundesliga or La Liga. I'd put Serie A above Ligue 1. They certainly have some good players in there, but it...I don't know...doesn't seem much of a challenge for him.

PSG will dominate for years to come, that's a given, and with the team they've assembled it'll be a walk in the park. Champion's league is different, they look strong, and Mbappe looks like he can step it up in the CL.

My argument is whether he can consistently perform brilliantly in the CL whilst competing in a much less competitive Ligue 1 (given that Monaco have sold 80% of their team). Due to the fact that he plays for PSG, it'll probably look like that, but if you isolate his stats, would it be much different from anyone else?

I dunno, I guess I'm trying to say that he's an awesome player with unreal potential, but I don't think he's 'all that' currently. He has something to prove.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah I guess so. I'm just not wanting to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

I'm also tired.
Your post makes sense. I'm sure he will leave the French league in the next 3-4 years.

Henry left Monaco and the French league at the age of 22 and M'Bappé is just 18.

Tired of the discussion or in general?

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I prefer the comparison with Gullit :drool:

I don't see it, Gullit was more of a CAM who wasn't very quick.

Every player is unique, Mbappe will be the first Mbappe, in 3 seasons there probably won't be as many comparisions as he should have made for himself to stand in his own right.