Kylian Mbappe | PSG

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's unreal. Never seen such a complete forward at that age. He already plays like he's 28.

Comparisons with martial or rashford are laughable.

RooneyLegend

Brazilian Ronaldo didn't peak until he was 21. It would be truly disapointing if the best 18 year old in the world doesn't improve. He should improve his shooting technique, his close control, he should get stronger and may even become quicker.
No one can really say this, he was the standout player in the world long before that age.

itso 7

The only way I see that happening is if he runs his contract down. PSG won't sell.
Same here and considering how PSG came after Barcelona after the attempted Verrati capture I doubt any other 'normal' club will try to mess with them. The only way he leaves is if he loses his way and PSG want rid.

Culero

Everyone saying he hasn't got much to improve, how about creativity and vision? Sure he is primarily a goalscorer and striker but if he continues to play out wide that is one thing he needs to add to his locker. If he does that he becomes a complete attacking machine.

Hoof the ball

Statistics wise, let's be fair to Mbappe here.

I've watched every PsG game this season that he's been involved in and can categorically state that his assist statistic this season has been very misleading thus far.
Let's take last night's game for example. He assisted Cavani's goal. He unofficially assisted the last goal. He made 3-5 key passes, all of which led to full or half chances for his team-mates. Had they finished those chances we'd be making a very different argument here. In almost every game I've seen him in this season there have been chances created by him only for others to miss, also. So the question isn't, why isn't he creating as many assists as X and Y for PSG; it's why aren't PSG converting more of them?

LoneStar

Same here and considering how PSG came after Barcelona after the attempted Verrati capture I doubt any other 'normal' club will try to mess with them. The only way he leaves is if he loses his way and PSG want rid.
They can't do that with everyone ffs. This was a one off. If they start doing shit like that everytime, do you think the rest of the big clubs will just sit and watch?

But yes, regardless, they won't sell him. He'll have to run down his contact, which is fine. Cause he'll still be young. I think this is the way forward for such players now. Running down their contracts.

Hoof the ball

Everyone saying he hasn't got much to improve, how about creativity and vision? Sure he is primarily a goalscorer and striker but if he continues to play out wide that is one thing he needs to add to his locker. If he does that he becomes a complete attacking machine.
Add? Have you seen how many key passes he's made in every Ligue 1 and CL game this season? He's fashioned a bunch of chances for Cavani and Neymar, which have been squandered. That's not on Mbappe. He has the vision and creativity.

Culero

Add? Have you seen how many key passes he's made in every Ligue 1 and CL game this season? He's fashioned a bunch of chances for Cavani and Neymar, which have been squandered. That's not on Mbappe. He has the vision and creativity.
Sorry I meant passing ability between the lines, he's not top tier in that regard but can improve it. Key passes stats doesn't necessarily mean a good passer, in fact a key pass can be passing a player right next to you according to its definition.

Deleted member 101472

That is ridiculous. He only became a household name when he moved to barca.
Remember the fuss we made about depay? If Ronaldo at PSV was modern era, he'd have been the most hyped player ever

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Every player is unique, Mbappe will be the first Mbappe, in 3 seasons there probably won't be as many comparisions as he should have made for himself to stand in his own right.
The only way I see that happening is if he runs his contract down. PSG won't sell.
Agree.

5-year-contract. If he doesn't renew his contract, he will move in 2021 IMO

Contrary to Verratti, his salary package is so good that he doesn't need to renew in order to get a better salary

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Remember the fuss we made about depay? If Ronaldo at PSV was modern era, he'd have been the most hyped player ever
He was man. Ronaldo was widely tipped as a potential greatest ever since before his first game for PSV

He looks more like Ronaldo9 than Henry imo. His game will resemble him a lot as he progresses. Dembele has a similar level of ability but in maturity and mentality way behind.
Disagree. He's a lot more Henry than Ronaldo and his game will develop on what it is now unless his body develops in a different way than what it has so far. He doesn't have the control of his body ronaldo had, and probably never will. Center of gravity is too high. He also lacks ronaldo's supernatural ball control. Henry was basically a Ronaldo that lacked those two qualities that made him unstoppable with a ball at his feet, so he had to develop other facets of his game more. Mbappé already got that down

Stacks

He's undoubtedly a great player, but I can't help but think he's stifling his development in Ligue 1.

He has the potential to be CR7-esque, he started in the PL then switched to La Liga, both good quality, hard leagues to compete in. Mbappe is thriving in Ligue 1, but I feel the quality of that league just isn't the same as PL, Bundesliga or La Liga. I'd put Serie A above Ligue 1. They certainly have some good players in there, but it...I don't know...doesn't seem much of a challenge for him.

PSG will dominate for years to come, that's a given, and with the team they've assembled it'll be a walk in the park. Champion's league is different, they look strong, and Mbappe looks like he can step it up in the CL.

My argument is whether he can consistently perform brilliantly in the CL whilst competing in a much less competitive Ligue 1 (given that Monaco have sold 80% of their team). Due to the fact that he plays for PSG, it'll probably look like that, but if you isolate his stats, would it be much different from anyone else?

I dunno, I guess I'm trying to say that he's an awesome player with unreal potential, but I don't think he's 'all that' currently. He has something to prove.
lots of players have done so in the past. cream rises to the top

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's so young, people are acting like he stifled his development going to Paris, au contraire. He is going to be training with an all-time talent in Neymar, he's already an integral piece to a title-challenging side both domestically and in Europe, and he will be 23 when his contract runs out. I know he's a smart kid, so he knows PSG are not known to sell their best players and so he will run down his contract once he feels ready to take on a new challenge and PSG will be forced to sell a year before so that means at 22 years old he will have the world at his feet if he keeps on this pace. That will be another 6-8 years at the top of his game ready to contribute to another team.

He really couldn't have played this better, people take for granted the fact that he's from Paris and is living the dream of any young players growing up in that city, representing your hometown and hopefully bring a first European crown back home.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's 18 and will certainly leave PSG before reaching the age of 22-23.
Why? He has no reason to leave the club. He's a Paris boy, they are his favourite club and they are as likely to win the big trophies as any other club in Europe, plus PSG have zero incentive to sell players. I'm surprised that PSG fan thinks they will sell him.

I think he will stay at PSG for a very, very long time. I also don't think that all players think about is playing in a very strong league, even if Ligue 1 is worse than La Liga and Premier League it's still a decent league, it's his home and he still gets to play in the biggest league of all - Champions League.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He's so young, people are acting like he stifled his development going to Paris, au contraire. He is going to be training with an all-time talent in Neymar, he's already an integral piece to a title-challenging side both domestically and in Europe, and he will be 23 when his contract runs out. I know he's a smart kid, so he knows PSG are not known to sell their best players and so he will run down his contract once he feels ready to take on a new challenge and PSG will be forced to sell a year before so that means at 22 years old he will have the world at his feet if he keeps on this pace. That will be another 6-8 years at the top of his game ready to contribute to another team.

He really couldn't have played this better, people take for granted the fact that he's from Paris and is living the dream of any young players growing up in that city, representing your hometown and hopefully bring a first European crown back home.
Top post. I would just add that M'Bappé will certainly develop his game in 2 phases:

- Phase 1 2017/19: he will be mainly deployed on the right because Cavani is still competitive
- Phase 2 2019/21: he is likely to replace Cavani as the #9

Henry is an inspiring example for him in terms of versatility.

1994: He started his career on the wing at the age of 16
1998: he is part of the starting 11. You can see the SF of the Champions League in 1998

1999:
Henry joined Juventus at the age of 22: mainly deployed on the left wing. 6 months later, he joined Arsenal
1999/2000:

UEFA Cup Final 2000

WC Final 2006

Champions League final 2009

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
PSG has been trying to sign since the summer 2016 just like Barca tried to sign Verrati since maybe even longer. They didn't shell out that kinda just to teach Barca a lesson. That would be stupid to think so IMHO. They have been after superstar for a long while now.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Why? He has no reason to leave the club. He's a Paris boy, they are his favourite club and they are as likely to win the big trophies as any other club in Europe, plus PSG have zero incentive to sell players. I'm surprised that PSG fan thinks they will sell him.

I think he will stay at PSG for a very, very long time. I also don't think that all players think about is playing in a very strong league, even if Ligue 1 is worse than La Liga and Premier League it's still a decent league, it's his home and he still gets to play in the biggest league of all - Champions League.
If he wins the Champions league with Paris, he might be tempted to look for a new challenge.

Also, I understand he is someone who gets bored very quickly.

Of course, it isn't the intention of PSG to sell him in the mid and long run.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
His decision making is scary. He makes better decisions than stars such as Neymar and Cavani. He already knows his limits.

Stylistically he is very similar to Henry but he also reminds me of Cristiano during his prime without the poor decision making and the association with his teammates.

I would like to see him played through the centre where he can bring more of his teammates into play. He is the sort of super star that raises the level of his teammates.

He would have been perfect for Manchester City.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41352970

An interesting look into the player by the BBC. I found this most interesting:

Airouche: "We went to watch him at the under-19 final, which France won. We met him outside the stadium and we were shocked that he didn't want to go partying with his team-mates. Instead he wanted to go straight home.

"To him, he had achieved his goal to be European champion and was already thinking about his next goal: going back to Monaco, getting into their team, winning more titles.

"I remember when Monaco became champions he was the only player on the pitch who didn't have a mobile phone with him during the celebrations. All the others went out partying, he was the only one who went home to sleep. That's what is so great about him."

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41352970

An interesting look into the player by the BBC. I found this most interesting:

Airouche: "We went to watch him at the under-19 final, which France won. We met him outside the stadium and we were shocked that he didn't want to go partying with his team-mates. Instead he wanted to go straight home.

"To him, he had achieved his goal to be European champion and was already thinking about his next goal: going back to Monaco, getting into their team, winning more titles.

"I remember when Monaco became champions he was the only player on the pitch who didn't have a mobile phone with him during the celebrations. All the others went out partying, he was the only one who went home to sleep. That's what is so great about him."
The kid is bright, his interviews are fresh. He speaks clearly, honestly. No wonder the medias love him, it's a big change from the usual uneducated footballers they have in front of them.

Jib

Man, it's disheartening to see Neymar, Verrati and Mbappe playing in the same team. After Messi or Ronaldo, I'd have these three over any other footballer playing right now.
Verratti is pretty shit since 1 or 2 seasons. I see at least 10 midfielders better than him..even Rabiot !

Most overrated player

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nobody will quite be like Fenomeno ... but Mbappe has something of a similar easy pace and acceleration that makes me think of him. He takes one or two strides and he's already meters past the defender - it's just fluid and natural, with perfect body control, like it's the easiest thing in the world.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Back to Mbappe - for me definitely the best youngster in the world. Has it all put simply, mature, exceptional footballing IQ, flair, finishing ability and great athleticism.

All his rivals like Dembele, Martial etc are all still works in progress whereas he is already at a world class level where he can guaranteed torture a top side whereas the other lads are all still hit and miss. Technically so far ahead of someone like Rashford imo.

Still has lots of areas to develop but his core game is excellent for his age, it is better than Rooney at the same age and he's a more effective player than Messi and Ronaldo were at the same age (although I think dribbling wise he isn't as naturally gifted as they were but I see him as more of a striker type talent than those two once he matures).

I don't understand the over rating of this guy. If he is a finished article and already world class then why isn't he putting up the numbers of about 10 other top forwards, people say lukaku isn't world class so how is this kid

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't understand the over rating of this guy. If he is a finished article and already world class then why isn't he putting up the numbers of about 10 other top forwards, people say lukaku isn't world class so how is this kid
He played few games this season because of his late transfer and always on the wing.

Have you seen his stats from last season?

luke511

His consistency is the most telling part about how big a player he actually is. Real Madrid really fecked up letting this one slip, love it :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He played few games this season because of his late transfer and always on the wing.

Have you seen his stats from last season?
Yes 15 goals in Ligue 1 in 29 appearances. Cavani scored 35 in 36 games. Lacazette 28 goals in 30 games. Falcao 21 goals in 29 games. Gomis 20 goals in 30 games. Balotelli 15 goals in 23 games.

Can you see the pattern here? That is only in the French League, never mind England, Spain, Germany.

I am not dismissing that he is a good player which he is. What I am dismissing is the notion that he is world class and a finished article already. Which he is not.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His consistency is the most telling part about how big a player he actually is. Real Madrid really fecked up letting this one slip, love it :lol:
Well, unless Mbappé is staying at PSG for the rest of his career Real Madrid can still buy him in the future. The kid is not even 19 yet.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yes 15 goals in Ligue 1 in 29 appearances. Cavani scored 35 in 36 games. Lacazette 28 goals in 30 games. Falcao 21 goals in 29 games. Gomis 20 goals in 30 games. Balotelli 15 goals in 23 games.

Can you see the pattern here? That is only in the French League, never mind England, Spain, Germany.

I am not dismissing that he is a good player which he is. What I am dismissing is the notion that he is world class and a finished article already. Which he is not.
He was only a started about half the season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Mbappe isn't an out-and-out striker like Cavani, Lacazette, Lukaku etc. He's more of a wide forward or second striker. And for that role putting up 15 goals at the age of 17/18 in just the league alone is pretty amazing, never mind the CL goals he scored.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mbappe isn't an out-and-out striker like Cavani, Lacazette, Lukaku etc. He's more of a wide forward or second striker. And for that role putting up 15 goals at the age of 17/18 in just the league alone is pretty amazing, never mind the CL goals he scored.
Yeah it is amazing, I am not saying he isn't good, just not world class yet. For his age amazing, compared to the best strikers in the world, not so much.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He played 28 games. Look at the amount of games the others i mentioned played and the goals amount they got. Can you not read stats properly? Because they are there to see and you can see the others did better.
It was only 17 starts and 1501 minutes in the league. For comparison sake Cavani played 2978 minutes in the league.

Classical Mechanic

Whoscored says that he averages 2 key passes a game in the league and 2 in the CL. Way behind Neymar and on par with the likes of Veratti and Di Maria.