Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Mikal

Supports
PSG
He will probably play his first game with PSG tomorrow (today) vs Metz

The Bloody-Nine

In an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe, 18-year-old Mbappe explains that the temptation to work with Guardiola was difficult to turn down, but that he rejected City, not the Spaniard.

“He’s really a coach who breathes football,” he said. “He won everywhere and he gives you a passion, he really makes you want to play, think only of the game, because he only speaks to you of the game.

“He does not even imagine what happens next. Coach Emery, too, talks a lot about playing. I love coaches who only talk about playing. Because that’s what concerns us. These two coaches have a passion for football that goes beyond their job. It’s good to work with people like that.

“When I saw him, we talked about tactical patterns, how he would use me. We talked more about it than about my qualities, because I know myself better than anyone. Even Guardiola cannot tell me what I know.”

“I did not say no to Guardiola, I said no to Manchester City.”
http://www.football365.com/news/mbappe-i-did-not-say-no-to-pep-i-said-no-to-man-city

:lol:

Sterling Archer

He throws a hint that Monaco decided to cash in on their stars leaving him little choice. If that is true, very fair move in my mind.

gaucho_10

I have no problem with us not getting him (although I can't shake the feeling that this kid could have been something special), but for people who comment on him being down to earth kind of guy, mature in his statements and talking about humility, I'm sorry, I have to laugh at you all really hard.

Mbappe: "I grew up watching Ronaldinho at PSG!"

... Mbappe was 4-years-old when Ronaldinho left PSG.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I have no problem with us not getting him (although I can't shake the feeling that this kid could have been something special), but for people who comment on him being down to earth kind of guy, mature in his statements and talking about humility, I'm sorry, I have to laugh at you all really hard.

That comes from the PR team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I like him, I really do and I do think that when he talks about his game he shows maturity but he is also full of shit and it's not even subtle.

As for the Monaco tried to cash in, wasn't his father talking with Real Madrid at the end of last season? Wasn't he talking to PSG too in early june according to PSG's ITKs? He also talked with City before coming back from holidays. The timeline doesn't work.
Personally, I suspect that he is lying and putting the blame on Monaco and I also suspect that Monaco lied about the contract offer and they didn't offer him Falcao's wage(and he didn't ask for it either).

Hoof the ball

A perfectly reasonable statement, if you consider :-

1. He didn't say he watched Ronaldinho at PSG when he was yet there. You're assuming that he's referring to the present-tense.
2. He's a Paris boy and a PSG child fan. He could grow up watching videos of Ronaldinho's time at PSG in the same way that a 20 year old can grow up watching Giggs in 1998.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)

In this day and age, you would think people know you can watch any past games at the power of a finger click. Come on mate... dont tell me you havent watched games on youtube and highlights? How are your kids and grandkids going to grow up never watching Giggs and Cantona?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mbappe recalls featuring for Chelsea youth team at 11

Date published: Thursday 7th September 2017 11:05

Kylian Mbappe has recalled how he featured for a Chelsea development team during his younger years.

Mbappe, who was linked with a move to the Premier League this summer, has joined Paris Saint-Germain on loan from fellow Ligue Un side Monaco.

The deal will become permanent for £164.8m next summer, but the 18-year-old had the chance to join Arsenal, and possibly Liverpool or Manchester City.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, the France international says he has already had a taste of football in England.

Mbappe talked fondly of training with Chelsea for a week at the age of 11, playing in a game alongside Tammy Abraham and Jeremie Boga, currently both on loan at Swansea and Birmingham respectively.

“It was a wonderful experience,” he said. “Chelsea was the first great club, the first big club, that I went to visit. So it was a real discovery for me.

“I was coming from my grassroots, amateur club. It was a whole new world. Of course I had an idea what a great football club was like but I was really impressed by the working culture and the mentality of wanting to be better day-in, day-out.

“And visiting this infrastructure helped me, actually, with my development. I saw things differently because up until then I had just a French mentality and after that I could pick what was positive in other mentalities and build my own.”

Meeting Chelsea stars Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda and having his photograph taken with them reinforced in Mbappe a desire to be a professional player.

He said: “An idea has been reinforced since I was a kid – not just because I went to Chelsea. I always thought: ‘I want to be there, I want to be one of those big players who is trying to give people fun out of the game’. And I have given everything to reach that objective. Now I am on the other side of the camera, on the other side of the TV. That’s the only difference.”

But interest from Real Madrid, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Liverpool amongst others could not shake Mbappe’s determination to do things his way and he chose Monaco at the age of 15.

Having signed his first professional contract with the principality club he matured into a 26-goal striker last season as he helped Monaco land the Ligue 1 title and reach the Champions League semi-finals, leading to a call from PSG which he found too tempting to turn down.

Hoof the ball

Kylian Mbappe has recalled how he featured for a Chelsea development team during his younger years.

Mbappe, who was linked with a move to the Premier League this summer, has joined Paris Saint-Germain on loan from fellow Ligue Un side Monaco.

The deal will become permanent for £164.8m next summer, but the 18-year-old had the chance to join Arsenal, and possibly Liverpool or Manchester City.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, the France international says he has already had a taste of football in England.

Mbappe talked fondly of training with Chelsea for a week at the age of 11, playing in a game alongside Tammy Abraham and Jeremie Boga, currently both on loan at Swansea and Birmingham respectively.

“It was a wonderful experience,” he said. “Chelsea was the first great club, the first big club, that I went to visit. So it was a real discovery for me.

“I was coming from my grassroots, amateur club. It was a whole new world. Of course I had an idea what a great football club was like but I was really impressed by the working culture and the mentality of wanting to be better day-in, day-out.

“And visiting this infrastructure helped me, actually, with my development. I saw things differently because up until then I had just a French mentality and after that I could pick what was positive in other mentalities and build my own.”

Meeting Chelsea stars Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda and having his photograph taken with them reinforced in Mbappe a desire to be a professional player.

He said: “An idea has been reinforced since I was a kid – not just because I went to Chelsea. I always thought: ‘I want to be there, I want to be one of those big players who is trying to give people fun out of the game’. And I have given everything to reach that objective. Now I am on the other side of the camera, on the other side of the TV. That’s the only difference.”

But interest from Real Madrid, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Liverpool amongst others could not shake Mbappe’s determination to do things his way and he chose Monaco at the age of 15.

Having signed his first professional contract with the principality club he matured into a 26-goal striker last season as he helped Monaco land the Ligue 1 title and reach the Champions League semi-finals, leading to a call from PSG which he found too tempting to turn down.

You can't help but be impressed with his humility, level-headedness and his choice of words.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You can't help but be impressed with his humility, level-headedness and his choice of words.
I don't know if you speak French but I was extremely impressed by his eloquence at the press conference.

His father is a coach/educator. Great education.

Hoof the ball

I don't know if you speak French but I was extremely impressed by his eloquence at the press conference.

His father is a coach/educator. Great education.
I don't, unfortunately, however, my French friend usually translates press conferences and articles for me. It's obvious that the kid is well educated, well-spoken and confident in who he is.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Chelsea youth product confrimed.

If he proves himself at PSG, maybe one day he can make the step-up and come home.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Kylian Mbappé: “I will do everything I can to help Neymar win the Ballon D’Or.”
Following his official presentation, Kylian Mbappé gave an interview to Le Parisien where he spoke about his new life, his ambitions and his desire to do the impossible with the new Brazilian star.

After a busy night which followed a welcome meal on behalf of PSG, Kylian Mbappé was presented yesterday morning in the Parc des Princes, with plenty of his family by his sides. His parents and younger brother Ethan were there for his official presentation, as were his uncle Pierre, grandfather and his lawyers.

The latter were very much present during these last few weeks and most notably, during the final night of the negotiations last Wednesday and Thursday. In one corner of the room, Antero Henrique, the new PSG sporting director, and Maxwell look in awe at their new protégé. Very much impressed, the former stated, “he really is very mature”.

Last December in our newspaper, you spoke about your dream to one day play for PSG. Did you ever imagine if would happen this quickly?

No. At the time, I was only concentrated on earning my spot at Monaco. I only saw myself with ASM, and I wanted to finish my season as best as possible. I also did not know that my summer would be this hectic.

Did you hesitate to join PSG over Real Madrid?

PSG was the project with suited me best. I want to learn, but I also want to win. I have the smallest trophy cabinet in the dressing room, but I am hungry for titles. There are great players here. We have everything here to grow and make people happy.

Is the €180m transfer fee a lot difficult to cope with?

I do not deal with any of that. This will not change my lifestyle or mentality. This does not worry me. The money does not go into or come out of my pocket. It does not affect me.

Did you think about the pressure put on PSG players before signing?

Football is not a form of pressure, but a form of enjoyment. It is a form of pressure when you think of it as a job. If you are worried about being fired from your job, then yes, you can be pressured. But I see it as a game, and when you see things like that, you are happy regardless of what happens.

Do you not worry about feeling scattered like other Parisians who return to the hometown?

My objectives with PSG are so ambitious that I do not have time to feel scattered. And I have friends who can help me concentrate if I get distracted.

What did your new coach Unai Emery say to you to convince you to sign?

He convinced me with more than one phrase. It is his football philosophy especially, as he is clear in what he wants to do. The coach eats, sleeps and lives for football like I do. We can do great things together.

Which philosophy is that?

To keep possession and maintain a high press to penetrate into the opposition’s half. I really like this philosophy.

How do you cope with the hype around you?

Simply put, because I feed off this passion for football, which allows me to overcome it. And when I am not allowed to play, I am not happy. Football is the only activity which allows me to feel fulfilled and get rid of all forms of pressure. When I am on the pitch, I forget everything and play as if I were a kid.

What position do you prefer to play in?

It is a bit difficult to answer. My youth coaches never put me in the same position for more than two years. I finished centrally while playing in Monaco, but I have played multiple positions. I would say centrally, but I might have a different answer a year from now.

What are your personal objectives?

PSG is an ambitious club that wants to be the best in the world. So we have to win everything and be sure to leave no doubt whatsoever. We have to immediately impose ourselves as a strong team that can dominate as a group with its style of play. That is the key to success.

Individually, in the long term, are you aiming for the Ballon d’Or?

No. I already have a teammate who wants to win it. So individually, my objective is to score a lot of goals and help Neymar. He can help us lift many titles, so we need to take care of him. I will do everything I can to help him win the Ballon d’Or. It would make me happy if I could help him like that.

You chose number 29 in reference to the date of birth of your younger brother Ethan. Is he better than you were at the same age?

No. We do play in the same position. I am more of a goal-scorer, and he is more of a provider. I hope he will manage to do more than me. I only wish the best for him. He is already at PSG and scored a goal earlier this week. It would be good for him to have his own life and not be in his older brother’s shadow, or in mine. He should follow his own path, and he should be left alone.

What goes you on in your life off the pitch? Last year, you received your high school baccalaureate…

Yes, I did get it. Now, I have to take classes to get my driver’s license. Apart from that, there is not time for much else. When you want to succeed in this line of work, there are sacrifices you need to make, and these sacrifices take up most of your day. So you really do not have much time for anything else.

What made you decide to quote Albert Camus in your letter to the Monaco fans?

It is something I worked on in school. My father brought me up with those quotes, and I even had some in my room. This was part of my upbringing. It is a moment of amusement that we share together as a family. We tell tales, cite quotations. There were a lot of false rumours about my transfer situation, so it was important that I show my feelings towards them.

What is your favorite quote?

“Aim for the moon to land among the stars” – Oscar Wilde

*full quote – “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars”

As it happens, are you far from the moon?

Oh, yes! Considering my objectives, I am very far. I have not even gone for liftoff yet.

What is your first memory from the Parc des Princes?

It was a PSG – Rennes game, from when my brother Jirès Kembo played for them (note: in 2009, when he was 10 years old). I was so happy that I came back to watch more games. I really like the stadium and atmosphere. Plus, the return of the PSG Ultras will be magnificent!

What Parisian player did you particularly like?

When I was younger, it was Ronaldinho.

How do you imagine your life in Paris?

Simple. I spend my days at the training ground and then I go home to eat, sleep and mess around a bit with friends and family. My days are not that extraordinary.

Will you return to Bondy to live there?

No, not in Bondy. (laughing) Do you want me to get stuck in traffic before coming to the Camp des Loges everyday? Currently, I am still in the hotel. Afterwards, we will see.

Y.H.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He has all the makings of a phenominal player. His decision making will make most veterans blush. I think he already has generational talent, he just needs the games to show it. It's a shame he has to defer to Cavani as he is a much better player in almost every facet of the game already bar perhaps heading.

izec

I dont understand how anyone could doubt his ability after that season with Monaco. Worth every penny, a once in a decade talent.

izec

Feck me that’s weird. How on earth can you properly follow two games at once? No wonder I read so many strange opinions on here about player performances.
I am used to it at times when there is more than 1 game at the same time, was watching United in the first half more closely, then after the 4-0 the other game. I saw the best plays of the PSG game due to a site telling me when something happened in the PSG game and the stream being a it behind was looking at the game. Normally i would watch the game relive, but it is too late today to do so.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I am used to it at times when there is more than 1 game at the same time, was watching United in the first half more closely, then after the 4-0 the other game. I saw the best plays of the PSG game due to a site telling me when something happened in the PSG game and the stream being a it behind was looking at the game. Normally i would watch the game relive, but it is too late today to do so.
Fair enough. To each his own. It is interesting that a number of ye seem to watch multiple games simultaneously. No right or wrong way to watch football so long as you enjoy it but, like I said, having a couple of games on the go at once will definitely make it harder to form an accurate opinion on individual player performances.

izec

Fair enough. To each his own. It is interesting that a number of ye seem to watch multiple games simultaneously. No right or wrong way to watch football so long as you enjoy it but, like I said, having a couple of games on the go at once will definitely make it harder to form an accurate opinion on individual player performances.
I normally only do it with neutral games where United isnt involved, but had to have a look at the PSG game to see how they do against a top side. I am also not so active in the performances threads every game, slating or praising a player only after a few performances where i see a trend. But you are correct, you obviously miss a few bits of play here and there doing so

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Neymar isn’t going to enjoy his shadow one bit.