Kylian Mbappe | PSG

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's been very good first part of the season, only his finishing was a bit average.

He hasn't really found his form since being assaulted by Lopes in 2018.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
More downs than up. He only just turned 19 though so inconsistency is to be expected. He's still managed to score 16 goals and have 14 assists this season.

In the French league in by far the most dominant team - that doesn't say much.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lost his way the last few months. He started the season on fire though, looked bad against Real
Well said, not sure if Neymar is affecting him (he probably is) but he's showed some consistent levels of selfishness this season. At Monaco he had a manager who wasn't afraid to bench/protect/help him. Emery is a pawn, M'Bappé came with big money, he has no power over him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's at the wrong club and in the wrong league. Needs to leave PSG if he's to grow as a player and individual imo.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Last season when everyone was hyping him up I had no opinion of him because I didn't really watch Monaco. Since joining PSG, I've caught a lot of their games and I see the hype. He'll be an incredible player.

Trizy

He's at the wrong club and in the wrong league. Needs to leave PSG if he's to grow as a player and individual imo.
Indeed. Fat chance of that happening though with his 150m price tag. Be hilarious if he left on a free in 4 years :lol:

arthurka

Neymar coming has just had so many bad things that came with it .. Mbappe and Cavani have both looked well not happy at all...

Zoo

Selfish and immature taking that shot on in the first half instead of looking for Cavani. It could have changed the tie.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Should have took less money and gone to Madrid imo, he'd have been the successor the Ronaldo and had everything to become a legend there. He's 19 though, this is normal and he'll show up at his best eventually. Hopefully he gets his form back before the World Cup.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He was very good and promising until December.

Since 3 months, he isn't in a good shape.

I hope he will be good at the World Cup

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He will be a great player. The whole French team is stacked.

Charles Miller

He was very good and promising until December.

Since 3 months, he isn't in a good shape.

I hope he will be good at the World Cup
I dont think he was worse than Neymar in the first leg or than Di Maria today, what says it all. I thought PSG could win but we can see that Real Madrid is just superior as a team.

Remember Barcelona in the CL last season, not even Messi will look great when the team is not working well.

AR87

Selfish and immature taking that shot on in the first half instead of looking for Cavani. It could have changed the tie.
Cavani was offside on that anyways IIRC. He's only turned 19 in December so of course he's still going to have moments of immaturity when he makes poor decisions.

He's a fantastic talent who struggled to have an impact over 2 legs against Real. I wouldn't worry about his future.

Rajma

IMO Emery made a mess of not playing him on the left, especially with Neymar out, doesn’t look natural for him on the right and severally limits his x factor.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s young. I think the people claiming he was already a world class player, top 5 in the world etc has turned a lot of people off him. Too much hype.
Well whoever made those claims were delusional with not too much football knowledge.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
IMO Emery made a mess of not playing him on the left, especially with Neymar out, doesn’t look natural for him on the right and severally limits his x factor.
I think he's better on the right, he can beat his man then cross and his finishing also looks more natural from the right.

arthurka

I don't think it explains the outcome tonight or the performance of M'bappé
No it really doesnt .. But The Brazilians have made their group there with Neymar being the top Brazz not sure this is a great group to play with to be honest... That said I for one hoped that PSG could throw Real out but like always they come up short ... Like you said hardly the shambles it was last year but not really a step forward either ...

Silas

More downs than up. He only just turned 19 though so inconsistency is to be expected. He's still managed to score 16 goals and have 14 assists this season.
He's been very good first part of the season, only his finishing was a bit average.

He hasn't really found his form since being assaulted by Lopes in 2018.
Cheers, thought as much. Nothing surprising considering his age, as you said. I remember people last season being convinced that he was already world class.

Trizy

Few OTT reactions calling him shite or over rated after 1 game is silly. He's a wonder kid and already a brilliant player. He won't hit his prime til mid 20s and he'll be frightening.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
No it really doesnt .. But The Brazilians have made their group there with Neymar being the top Brazz not sure this is a great group to play with to be honest... That said I for one hoped that PSG could throw Real out but like always they come up short ... Like you said hardly the shambles it was last year but not really a step forward either ...
Last season, Monaco was champion. This season, PSG will win all the 3 domestic competitions. Compared to last season, it's better but insufficient at the European level.

I hope we will recruit Jardim next season.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
I think he was the best player from PSG today - noone was good, very poor atheletic perfomance, no fighting spirit - but at least Mbappe fetched his balls in the midfield and showed some sort of tempo and pressing - We expect something better for his pricetag, but for me he was the only one really trying to force something in the offense. And yes his attempt was very poor when he should have just passed to Cavani.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Few OTT reactions calling him shite or over rated after 1 game is silly. He's a wonder kid and already a brilliant player. He won't hit his prime til mid 20s and he'll be frightening.
Yes absolutely. He's young PLUS still a relatively new PSG player.

Rajma

I think he's better on the right, he can beat his man then cross and his finishing also looks more natural from the right.
He could have at least tried switching things up during the game as it clearly wasn’t working from the start.

arthurka

Last season, Monaco was champion. This season, PSG will win all the 3 domestic competitions. Compared to last season, it's better but insufficient at the European level.

I hope we will recruit Jardim next season.
Winning all there is domesticly should be the bare minimum with this squad, it's clear that the ambitions are aimed much higher. Round of 16 wasn't it thats for sure... Jardim would be a great addition ..

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Winning all there is domesticly should be the bare minimum with this squad, it's clear that the ambitions are aimed much higher. Round of 16 wasn't it thats for sure...
Last season, we weren't champions.

That said, there is no denying that the PSG management wants to win the Champions League asap.

cyberman

If we're honest, it's the reactions from last year that were over the top.
The truth lies inbetween.

Fenomeno9

Typical knee jerk reactions based on one game. Players threads are bumped on a game to game basis to either to praise the player to ridiculous heights or the typical overrated or insert this player is better than him. Rinse, repeat by the time the next high profile match comes around.

The Bloody-Nine

Typical knee jerk reactions based on one game. Players threads are bumped on a game to game basis to either to praise the player to ridiculous heights or the typical overrated or insert this player is better than him. Rinse, repeat by the time the next high profile match comes around.
He was being called world class and the best young forward since the Brazilian Ronaldo, after a good 6 months with Monaco.