Kylian Mbappe | PSG

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think he’ll win them the champions league with a few goals in the final this year. Their defence seems pretty solid, that midfield can control most games but mbappe as the outlet is the tip of the iceberg. He just has to make it look like he’s about to make a run and it puts defenders in panic mode.

I didn’t see the psg games v Liverpool but did he look threatening against their pacier defence?
He scored to make it 2-2 at Anfield, PSG never got control of that game though unlike tonight.

el3mel

Simply a one in generation kind of talent. He's not going to stay in PSG for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Simply a one in generation kind of talent. He's not going to stay jn PSG for the rest of his career.
As soon as he wins a CL with Paris, then I have no problems with him leaving elsewhere. I mean, either way he's going to leave in a couple of years IMO.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When Di Maria picked up the ball on the wing I looked at Mbappe, Bailly and Lindleof and thought Di Maria was at a dead end. I looked at the space and thought there's no possible way he can get there before our defenders. It was absolutely electric. Wtf was that? Where are his ligaments?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As soon as he wins a CL with Paris, then I have no problems with him leaving elsewhere. I mean, either way he's going to leave in a couple of years IMO.
Do you see him staying there for more than 2020?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
His maturity is just astounding to me. This was a game of a typical striker, he got to touch the ball a handful of times, timed his run to perfection, and sliced the ball on the tap in to make it almost impossible for any keeper to save. He is just a special, special talent and if he stays healthy, he has a very slight possibility to break the CL record of CR7 and Messi when it's all said and done.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Do you see him staying there for more than 2020?
Well, that's next year already. I really think him winning the CL will free him to move on to a different league. That was his goal, because he could have joined Madrid at 18 but he didn't want to help add another CL and wanted to make history with his home town. I have a hard time seeing them winning the CL this year with the injuries they have and a suspect midfield so I still think he's there in 2020, but the year after I think he's off to Madrid, even without a CL for PSG.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well, that's next year already. I really think him winning the CL will free him to move on to a different league. That was his goal, because he could have joined Madrid at 18 but he didn't want to help add another CL and wanted to make history with his home town. I have a hard time seeing them winning the CL this year with the injuries they have and a suspect midfield so I still think he's there in 2020, but the year after I think he's off to Madrid, even without a CL for PSG.
Only asking because 2020 is the year of the Euros, adding more 1 season under Tuchel he will be 22. Then he can fulfill his destiny. Real Madrid or Barcelona. Some here might not agree with me but its life.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Only asking because 2020 is the year of the Euros, adding more 1 season under Tuchel he will be 22. Then he can fulfill his destiny. Real Madrid or Barcelona. Some here might not agree with me but its life.
Yeah, I think he's still in Paris for the Euro 2020, unless he absolutely blows up and PSG get an offer they can't refuse with FFP breathing down their neck. As much of a joke as FFP might be, if they do decide to get serious with sanctions they'll have to make a decision on Mbappe and Neymar. I think Neymar is first to go in any case, but I'm certain Mbappe has no plans to stay in Ligue 1 past the age of 22.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yep and Rashford has been very good last two months and is very good young talent in his own right, same for Martial.

Said before but only disappointment for me is Mbappe is going to play majority of his career in his French league so only threatening scoring records of Shearer in premier league or Ronaldo/Messi in Spain if he moved to those leagues say this summer and played for 10 years.
I mean no one can buy him from PSG unless they dish out upwards of 500M but Mbappe will leave when he is 23 which is still super young because either Paris will sell half price or he will leave on a free nonetheless he is leaving PSG when that contract runs out no doubt.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, I think he's still in Paris for the Euro 2020, unless he absolutely blows up and PSG get an offer they can't refuse with FFP breathing down their neck. As much of a joke as FFP might be, if they do decide to get serious with sanctions they'll have to make a decision on Mbappe and Neymar. I think Neymar is first to go in any case, but I'm certain Mbappe has no plans to stay in Ligue 1 past the age of 22.
Thanks.

I will repeat again. Since the first time I saw him vs Portugal on a under 19 SF in 2016 if I am not wrong I said this one is different. Then when he showed up with Jardim at Monaco only confirmed that.

Only injuries or bad luck will stop him.

TheLord

The only places such super-talents can play for these days are at Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Manchester Oily- ity. Sadly.

Will probably head off to Real Madrid for 300 million in two years time.

Eddy_JukeZ

Would still swap Rashford/Martial for him in a wild hypothetical scenario.

He's incredibly mature in his decision making.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The only places such super-talents can play for these days are at Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Manchester Oily- ity. Sadly.

Will probably head off to Real Madrid for 300 million in two years time.
For now Guardiola says they don't pay 100 milion Euros or Pounds for players.

TheLord

For now Guardiola says they don't pay 100 milion Euros or Pounds for players.
If Mbappe were offered to City for 300 million, they'd take him in a heartbeat, IMO. FFP is a joke. To be fair to City, if they can afford it, so why not?

the_irish123

So he misses two sitters and scores a tap in and gets a 9 from Guardian, while Marquinhos and others got 6.

I think he's the anti-Neymar, he gets lauded way more easily by much less.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So he misses two sitters and scores a tap in and gets a 9 from Guardian, while Marquinhos and others got 6.

Jamie Jackson gave 6 to Bernardo Silva after that game vs Liverpool. Reason: didn't tackle. :lol:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

I been meaning to make a thread about this but, it is really silly how people look down on "tap ins". If you are playing great attacking Football most of your goals will be tap ins. And with Mbappe's he had a spectacular run to get into position for his "tap in".

the_irish123

I been meaning to make a thread about this but, it is really silly how people look down on "tap ins". If you are playing great attacking Football most of your goals will be tap ins. And with Mbappe's he had a spectacular run to get into position for his "tap in".
He had a good run, but the same people downplay Chicharito and others for doing the same.

To me the most impressive was the tidy midfielders and posession, Mbappe did nothing special.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Laughable from the Guardian if Marquinhos got a 6, he was one of the best players tonight. Offensive players always get more credit. Although you make it sound like this was a tap in on an open goal with no one near him. It was much more difficult than that, and two sitters is just too much! :lol:

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
With his 14th goal tonight, he now has as many goals as R9 in the Champion's League. One thing that surprises me is how little R9 managed in the CL even accounting for his injuries, but even more surprising is Mbappe matching him with 16 less games played than O Fenomeno.

Hamadovich86

The heir to the Mess-Ronaldo throne, not necessarily in the way he plays but in terms of sheer brilliance hes the one who could carry the torch imo.

TheLord

A young player always gets more plaudits for the same performance compared to an older player. And deservedly so.

Just look at all the hype surrounding Rashford and Martial. Sure, they are good players with lots of potential, but the hype gets over the top most times.

RoyH1

He is actually from Paris. I think he is going to stay at PSG a lot longer than people think.
I think so too. Plus he’s also a strategic asset in Qatar’s plans for PSG. They are not going to let him go at any price and they don’t need the money.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's getting better and better, just hope we do everything we can to get him when he leaves Psg.

Matt007a

His explosiveness reminds me of R9. The way he just destroys people on the run while being in full control of the ball and his own balance.

There are fast players all over the place, but most of them don't possess the same balance and control while using it. That said he's got a lot of work to do to be as good as R9 in every other aspect of his game. Great talent though.

I'm not sure he even touched the ball in the first half an hour but when PSG started to get more space in midfield after the subs he was popping up everywhere. Its years since ive seen a player that quick, you can't defend against it.

predator

Youth NITK
His pace unsettles me. If you have a decent passing midfield behind him and decent wingers around him then he will score so many goals.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Seeing that guy yesterday showed what different class he is, that sheer acceleration was just phenomenal. He was in the right place when required and ended up scoring. It's never easy admitting defeat at home, but this guy yesterday was just sublime to watch.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Putting him on a massive hamster wheel hooked up to electricity generators would go a long way towards solving climate change.