Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Gazza

3 year deal suggests to me he feels his work is not done and he desperately wants to win the CL for Paris. If Real don’t come back in for him down the line then he can still go to England if he feels like it. There’s plenty of sporting reason for Mbappe to stay where he is, even if the domestic league doesn’t have a huge profile around the world.

crossy1686

career ending
Without a doubt. I just don't understand the arrogance it takes to make a statement like that based on a decision that ultimately didn't concern them. They act like Mbappe had signed a contract with them
They’ve probably done all their calculations for tv rights next season based on Mbappe and/or Haalna being at Madrid. Now they’ve got a product to shift that’s essentially less attractive than Ligue 1 and that’s saying something

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The way thing is going. It's a total war declaration. La Liga would eventually lose it appeal as a whole. If PSG can have insane wage bill now, imagine when they really become CL winning powerhouse.

The La Liga big boys would be not stomped, and La Liga would become a "small league".
If someone had to make a statement it's Real Madrid and that would still have been completely crazy to me. La Liga though :lol: ? They are just embarrassing themselves with this sense of entitlement

Acole9

Outstanding
That Tebas really is pathetic, always throwing his toys out the pram.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
A new era in football started this summer 2022. The two most thought after young players both signed for oil clubs instead of the traditional elite teams.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
La Liga are an embarrassment.
Would like to know the details of the contract.
La Liga have a really fecking good point. PSGs debts are astronomical and way, way bigger thant he club can remotely afford to pay off on their own. PSG as a club are losing tons of money annually, but it just doesnt impact them because their owners are capable of funding them forever.

Signing Mbappe to a contract of this magnitude is both ridiculous, unsustainable and frankly it is not a contract that any club in world football can even afford to pay a player in a realistic market. His signing bonus is a reported 140 MILLION USD

This is the same club that said "Thankyou but we dont need this" when Real Madrid offered £200m to buy out Mbappes final contract year.

PSG is by FAR the worst oil club in football. It exists only as a sport image for Qatar. There isnt even a buyer outside of the saudi oil states that can possibly buy PSG at this point and take over the clubs debt in Ligue 1. It would be possible in Premier League, but the French league is completely uninteresting when you compare it to La Liga and Premier League.

crossy1686

career ending
Feck. If only Martial had shown up for his loan to Sevilla we could be offloading him for a huge bag of cash next week. Now they will probably end up signing whoever we wanted,
Yep, Sevilla labelled him an absolute disaster today. The worst winter transfer ever or words to that effect.

kouroux

They’ve probably done all their calculations for tv rights next season based on Mbappe and/or Haalna being at Madrid. Now they’ve got a product to shift that’s essentially less attractive than Ligue 1 and that’s saying something
You could be right tbh. They're completely panicking with this, it shows how small time they are

Irrational.

They should go all in for Manchester's Mbappe.
Mrashé
Height: 1.8m
Preferred foot: Feet

Qualities:

Pace x
Honesty x
Mancunian accent x
Hard worker x
Running into dead ends x
Feeding kids x
Beans x

All this for the low, low price of £99.5 million.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
PSG should reply to Tebas / La Liga with this:

Member 101269

He was always signing for Liverpool. They had the budget and klopp lives him.

psg it is hhh

crossy1686

career ending
I'd have understood the uproar if Mbappe officially said in January that he would join Real Madrid. He's always kept it quiet
Yeah it’s weird, it seems like Madrid got carried away and we’re telling people he was jointing a few weeks ago. I guess they were so arrogant in their pursuit that they thought he would sign regardless because they’re Madrid

ti vu

If someone had to make a statement it's Real Madrid and that would still have been completely crazy to me. La Liga though :lol: ? They are just embarrassing themselves with this sense of entitlement
La Liga stepping in because F.Perez and RM statement is pretty much the ESL project to "save football" at this point. PSG can make a league of its own, then La Liga existence is endangered with ESL group also push for move away from this current system.

Just a fight of devils.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd have understood the uproar if Mbappe officially said in January that he would join Real Madrid. He's always kept it quiet
And from January until now there wasn’t too much murmuring about the sale. It didn’t feel that inevitable, and it seems pretty clear he was deliberating with both clubs until the end

prateik

Of course PSG spending all that money is bad for the game and something should be done about it.. but La Liga getting involved right away just makes it look like they are batting for Madrid ..

La Liga needs their big clubs to stay at the top in Europe.. They have put all their eggs in their basket having that unfair distribution of tv money for way too long.. Now they are going out of their way when they feel Madrid have been screwed over.

Ladron de redcafe

They were already crying, Tebas had a similar meltdown over Neymar.
I find Tebas and la Liga's whining hilarious. Barcelona and Madrid routinely outspent everyone else and Tebas didn't have one word to say. And now all we have see are tears from Tebas, and Madrid.

CatpissMartini

Like I said in the other thread won’t be taking him seriously for a few years yet at least.

Really weird all the fuss over a player who still has it all to prove at the top level.
:lol: This is still a thing?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
£100m signing bonus too?
It's not a regular signing bonus, Mbappé was free to leave, it's not as if he extended his contract with one or 2 years up. It's as if they were getting him like any other club since he could have signed anywhere.

And it was reported pretty much everywhere that Real Madrid was offering a similar amount.

But I guess you're unhappy because you proudly reported an absurd tweet from eurosport.es that mentionned 300M as a signing bonus.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Premier League better have our back, ready with a lawsuit when we fail to sign Nkunku this summer.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
How does this unsettle the likes of Neymar, Messi, Verrati, Donnuruma etc? Important players that make them actually tick?

Upcoming contracts for top players, players they need to win the big prizes will all want similar money.

kouroux

How does this unsettle the likes of Neymar, Messi, Verrati, Donnuruma etc? Important players that make them actually tick?

Upcoming contracts for top players, players they need to win the big prizes will all want similar money.
Neymar signed an extension last year I think. Him and Messi will take a bigger back step to the Mbappe show now, he is officially the head honcho now