L.A. Noir

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just bought this and Crysis 2. But I'll probably try and play Dragon Age 2 before getting into those, although I'm rubbish at it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Crysis 2 is the nuts.
I did look fantastic when I was checking whether it works and all. Fairly different look to most shooters.

Don't tell Ekeke this, but DA2 is rubbish.
He's pretty mad about, yeah. I wouldn't know really. I'm rubbish at these tactical RPG's but as a stubborn gamer I want to make use of it.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I can't seem to get into this, I don't like how short the cases are, 5 mins solve a murder investigation, I don't like how even if I get all the questions wrong in the interview I still solve the case. It's like I'm just on a massive walkthrough. When I'm interviewing it doesn't seem fluid, it seems like each question/response sounds like the start of a new conversation and not like we've been having a conversation for a few minutes already.

Every time I start a new case on traffic the same guy in the room where you get handed the case says 'I'm thinking about upgrading to a 42(45?)' which is starting to annoy me.

Might trade it in for Red Dead, no doubt it's a great game for those who like that sort of thing but it just doesn't seem to be for me sadly. I'm just seeing it like 'get a case, go here, ask some questions, get em right and solve the case, get em wrong and still solve the case. Go back and get another one.'

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I can't seem to get into this, I don't like how short the cases are, 5 mins solve a murder investigation, I don't like how even if I get all the questions wrong in the interview I still solve the case. It's like I'm just on a massive walkthrough. When I'm interviewing it doesn't seem fluid, it seems like each question/response sounds like the start of a new conversation and not like we've been having a conversation for a few minutes already.

Every time I start a new case on traffic the same guy in the room where you get handed the case says 'I'm thinking about upgrading to a 42(45?)' which is starting to annoy me.

Might trade it in for Red Dead, no doubt it's a great game for those who like that sort of thing but it just doesn't seem to be for me sadly. I'm just seeing it like 'get a case, go here, ask some questions, get em right and solve the case, get em wrong and still solve the case. Go back and get another one.'
:confused: i have failed cases for asking the wrong questions! marmite situation then, love it or hate it

Zarlak

:confused: i have failed cases for asking the wrong questions! marmite situation then, love it or hate it
Yeah, not saying it's a bad game, just that I don't enjoy it myself. Everytime I get the wrong questions I get 'something is fishy here with your answers, we will get to the bottom of this' and then I solve it anyway.

The case where
the guy get's hit with the car and it was his missus boyfriend that stabbed him

I solved without even going to all the locations.

redspoony

More I play and think about the game, the more I feel like this.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah, not saying it's a bad game, just that I don't enjoy it myself. Everytime I get the wrong questions I get 'something is fishy here with your answers, we will get to the bottom of this' and then I solve it anyway.

The case where
the guy get's hit with the car and it was his missus boyfriend that stabbed him

I solved without even going to all the locations.
Well, yes it's not rocket science....if anything they could've cranked up the difficulty level in some way, but overall it's been an enjoyable experience. I really liked Vice.... maybe it was less to do with gameplay more to do with storyline.

Zarlak

Well, yes it's not rocket science....if anything they could've cranked up the difficulty level in some way, but overall it's been an enjoyable experience. I really liked Vice.... maybe it was less to do with gameplay more to do with storyline.
To each his own! :) like I said, not saying it's a bad game, plenty of people enjoy it, it just seems too quick, too much holding your hand and isn't challenging for me. Glad you and others enjoyed it though. If anything it at least sets a precedent that they can move on from and develop.

I might play it a bit more to get off traffic and see how it picks up with other ones, but I just get bored now of going to a scene, looking at the guys head/arms/pulling something out from his coat pocket, accusing someone of lying and then passing a case. I thought I'd need to use intelligence a bit more and have to think about the case and what could have happened/make up my own theories etc to solve it rather than it doing it for me.

Spoony

The People's President
To each his own! :) like I said, not saying it's a bad game, plenty of people enjoy it, it just seems too quick, too much holding your hand and isn't challenging for me. Glad you and others enjoyed it though. If anything it at least sets a precedent that they can move on from and develop.

I might play it a bit more to get off traffic and see how it picks up with other ones, but I just get bored now of going to a scene, looking at the guys head/arms/pulling something out from his coat pocket, accusing someone of lying and then passing a case. I thought I'd need to use intelligence a bit more and have to think about the case and what could have happened/make up my own theories etc to solve it rather than it doing it for me.
Well, yes, it's not particularly challenging...which is probably everyone's gripe with the game and all.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Red Dead Redemption is 10 times better than this. I envy you if you have not played it yet. Really is one of my all time favourite games.

I have completed LA Noire. But the final few cases were really a struggle in that I wasnt arsed.

Looks great, detail is amazing etc.. But very disappointing game

vanthaman

Winner
Think I'm gonna try finishing it this week then sell it, should be able to get what I paid for it

LARulz

I'm thinking of giving it in, but not sure if I should get cash for it or trade it in for another game but not sure which games

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it finally.

Glad Phelps died, he was basically a bit of a dick for most of the game. Only character I ended up liking was Rusty.

Gonna do the rest of the street crimes and then might sell it. Which I've never done before but I can't see it having any replay value whatsoever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just tried to play the street crimes and I can't?

I know Phelps is dead but what about just playing as Kelso? It made me start from the last mission again when I resumed.

Red_Aaron

rented this on Friday, have played my way up to Vice but to be honest its been a struggle. its just really boring to play. sure its gorgeous to look at, well written, well acted and packed with all the style you expect from a rockstar game but sadly it has none of the fun. Zarlaks pretty much spot on for me with how it plays

glad i didnt buy it as i suspected it'd have little replay value unfortunately its got little single play value too imo. its a nice idea and i like games to try something different, i wouldn't put it past rockstar to get this right in the future maybe even as soon as the DLC but they've not managed it so far for me

if you want a crime solving interrogate-em-up Phoenix Wright on the DS is a far far better game

redspoony

I think this game proves that it is more fun to be, if not a bad guy, then someone with a slightly less rigid moral compass.

The replay value of this game once the story is finished is pretty low. Maybe do the rest of the street crimes and find the hidden cars. DLC aside, that's it.

At least with GTA and Red Dead you can still have fun larking around once the story is complete, in addition to online multiplayer.

Massive letdown for me. Looked great, superb idea but very limiting and I hated being spoon fed the way forward.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
I think this game proves that it is more fun to be, if not a bad guy, then someone with a slightly less rigid moral compass.

The replay value of this game once the story is finished is pretty low. Maybe do the rest of the street crimes and find the hidden cars. DLC aside, that's it.

At least with GTA and Red Dead you can still have fun larking around once the story is complete, in addition to online multiplayer.

Massive letdown for me. Looked great, superb idea but very limiting and I hated being spoon fed the way forward.
yup, i´m also really disappointed with this game,not sure what i was expecting but it wasn´t this.

redspoony

yup, i´m also really disappointed with this game,not sure what i was expecting but it wasn´t this.
Did you finish the game? I got to the second mission in vice and just couldn't bring myself to play anymore.

The fact that you had to arrest the wrong people in homicide and THEN arrest the right guy pretty much killed it for me. Didn't matter who I locked up over 3-4 cases, was wrong anyway.

vanthaman

Winner
Finished it finally.

Glad Phelps died, he was basically a bit of a dick for most of the game. Only character I ended up liking was Rusty.

Gonna do the rest of the street crimes and then might sell it. Which I've never done before but I can't see it having any replay value whatsoever.
just clicked that spoiler by accident :(

redspoony

Where at, Game? Red Dead is only £17 if memory serves me rightly so I can just straight swap it and some left over.
Gamestation. Didn't see how much Red Dead was in there. But if you're only getting it now, you don't deserve it for such a low price. Heathen.:p

gaz1185

just clicked that spoiler by accident :(
I just did the exact same thing :( I never click spoilers during a game / film I'm watching / playing / planning to watch... yet Solius's spoiler just drew me in!! Read about 3 words of it and felt exactly like this :annoyed:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i brought this game for a mate's birthday the other day after he enjoyed playing my copy. he was a bit rubbish at it so i did a short walkthrough of the first couple of missions to help him on his way to being a super crime solving sleuth. hopefully someone else who's struggling getting to grips with the game finds it useful.

Leg-End

Just traded it in now at Game, got £30 cash which I bought Red Dead and Undead Nightmare with, also got an extra fiver off my pre-order of Battlefield 3. Sorted.
They gave you £30 for it? Shit I think I'm gonna trade mine too then, I platinumed that sucker last night. Might pick it up again when its dirt cheap and all the DLC's are out for it, but then again I might not.

redspoony

Just traded it in now at Game, got £30 cash which I bought Red Dead and Undead Nightmare with, also got an extra fiver off my pre-order of Battlefield 3. Sorted.
You're in for a treat mate. Sure you will do this anyway, but play the main game before Undead Nightmare.

Leg-End

Yep, £30 plus an extra fiver off a pre-order of CODMW3 or BF3.
It was £30 cash, so trade-in card or credit would be a bit more wouldn't it? I'm gonna trade it though, probably sit on it until Deus Ex.