L.A. Noir

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I ended up locking Rooney in Moller case because when I came back to talk to Moller there was actually no option to start a conversation and charge him, I could walk around the room but the square button didn't appear so I had to go with Rooney.

LARulz

I bought the game earlier this afternoon but have still not opened it. Thought I'd play it when I got back but got busy and can't be bothered to open it now and rather just do it when I've got a fair few hours to play it.

Just torture seeing it.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I hope they are going to release plenty of DLCs because it's a great game, I have already solved 11 out of 21 cases so I imagine I will complete the game next week and there will be nothing to do with it untill they give us new cases. So far this has been the best Rockstar game I have played.
yeah same, i have a feeling i could finish it next week, hoping new DLC will be available for extra cases

WeasteDevil

Post 162

L.A. Noire on Xbox 360 covers a whopping three game discs, but according to Team Bondi writer and director Brendan McNamara, the count could have been "four or five or six". "We've always been called stupidly ambitious," McNamara told Gamespot in a video interview. "Along with Rockstar we make very big games." "It took a lot of effort to get down to three discs - I think we were on four or five or six at one point - and to get it onto one Blu-ray [for the PS3 version]. "We're pretty pleased that we got it down to that in the end," he went on, attributing the feat to "miraculous compression. It's the biggest map that we've done and that Rockstar have done, so there's a lot of detail in there, and also a lot of actor's performances - 21 hours worth." Last week, McNamara revealed that "two full desks" or mission sets had been cut from L.A. Noire during development, and might be published separately as downloadable content.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Just saw the review on Gametrailers, looks pretty good.

Will order it from shopto unless it is cheaper anywhere else?

Sarni

Nine cases left for me, I think I will play it over again when I complete it but will put different people in jail, or I will simply solve all the side missions waiting for some DLCs to come out. Apparently there will be DLC available late June, hopefully it will be a whole scenario with some cases rather than a single case. There are infinite possibilities to expand this game and build on what they already have so I am very hopeful.

vanthaman

Winner
I don't like when it tells you that you dint follow something up, how am I suppose to know the case is close to closing

Plan M

I am in two minds over this. I have Red Dead Redemption just sitting in my game pile - I started it a while back but only played approx 30 mins. Which game is better, this or Red Dead?

Leg-End

I am in two minds over this. I have Red Dead Redemption just sitting in my game pile - I started it a while back but only played approx 30 mins. Which game is better, this or Red Dead?
Different kind of games, both equally excellent. If you like vast open land with widely varying areas with alot more killing then Red Dead. If you like urban areas with more emphasis on reading people and detective work then LA Noire.

Ideal world get LA Noire once you finish with Red Dead and it will probably be a bit cheaper.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
this game is highly addictive

just finished homicide and played about 5 minutes of vice. homicide was great, loved the last case where you had to work out the poems and stuff that was quite cool. looking forward to vice now, already liking my new partner i wasnt keen on the homicide guy tbh.

Plan M

If you trade Crysis 2 at GAME they'll give you L.A. Noire for £20! I just did the exchange, going to enjoy this with a few glasses of red and a chili tonight.

Cheers for the input lads, you've swung it for me :)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finished homicide, brilliant so far.

Loved the last case on homicide, deciphering the poems and going to the various locations was fantastic, it felt a bit like Dexter.

Without trying to boast, I suspected the agency barman as the person behind all the killings. :D

Sarni

Finished homicide as well, halfway through the first case in Vice already. It seems like the cases are getting longer, I like it because there is hope that it won't be finished so soon.

As for the ending to the homicide:

It doesn't explain traces of blood that connected nearly all suspects to the crime scenes before, for example blood on Moller's shoes and work clothes. As interesting as it was, I think it was lacking some explanations, lazy writing.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
struggling to get into this game, i´m hoping it will grow on me.
It starts off quite quick with the cases been really easy to fly through but it picks up I feel when you hit Detective particularly on Homicide (just finished so can't comment on Vice or Arson).

Gaz.

Well-Liked Assman
I've only had an hour or 2 on it, about 3 missions into traffic, really great game, super fun, can't wait to get back at it :)

VoetbalWizard

beat it. finished all missions and street crimes. didn't get any of the movie reels though, so i'll roam around for those and got only 52/95 cars.

first DLC, june 21st. Hope they make tons of DLC for this, there's a lot they could do.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Bah I finished it yesterday morning. Wish I could erase everything from my memory and play again:D

VoetbalWizard

Bah I finished it yesterday morning. Wish I could erase everything from my memory and play again:D
exactly how i feel.

With a game like this, you could mint tons of dlc.

I loved the ambience, the soundtrack, everything. Top game this.

I am looking forward to if Agent (PS3 exclusive, rockstar) ever comes out. I think that'll be an epic as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought I was near the end (Have only been playing it in spurts since Thurs). Turns out I've only done 11 of the 21 cases. Nice.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
As for the ending to the homicide:

It doesn't explain traces of blood that connected nearly all suspects to the crime scenes before, for example blood on Moller's shoes and work clothes. As interesting as it was, I think it was lacking some explanations, lazy writing.
If i remember rightly,

he explains the blood on his shoes and jacket were from a rabbit he stomped to death, that might have only come up if you answered a certain question right.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Is this game any fun, then? I've seen a video or two, and it looks like my sort of thing. But I am worried about the whole audio clues thing. It just seems to make it too easy. I've heard that it's possible to turn it off? Does that in turn make it too hard?

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Marks out of ten for the game, folks?
I'd give it an 8.5, it's very good but the fact that the lipsync is so fantastic draws attention to the fact that most of the characters look blind, as if they're looking through you (that might just be me nitpicking).

Is this game any fun, then? I've seen a video or two, and it looks like my sort of thing. But I am worried about the whole audio clues thing. It just seems to make it too easy. I've heard that it's possible to turn it off? Does that in turn make it too hard?
Turn off the audio hints and it's not too hard at all, infact the hardest parts are the interrogations and choosing the right option. And yeah it's fun.