La Liga 2023/24

wr8_utd

:'(
It's just his season, isn't it. That's probably the 4th time this season a lucky deflection or keeper mistake has bounced right into his path deep in injury time.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
As they say in bullfighting, Jude goes out through the big gate.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
My feeling was correct. A tired barca 2nd half because Xavi misses 6 crucial players for a month and Madrid easily exploits it in the end. Xavi did everything he could tactically. Vinicius and Bellingham were invisible for the most part.

Lyng

My feeling was correct. A tired barca 2nd half because Xavi misses 6 crucial players for a month and Madrid easily exploits it in the end. Xavi did everything he could tactically. Vinicius and Bellingham were invisible for the most part.
Vini was terrible yes but weird to call Bellingham invisible when he won them the game. Romeu, Rafinha and Lewandowski added nothing. Barca where so much better before the subs.

Also Camavinga was fantastic

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Xavi set them up like always against us and every time it works. We just lucked out with two Bellingham ass pulls. The only other chance we had was that Joselu moment and that is it.

Zed is not dead

Barca were very lucky with some calls from the ref. I still can’t wrap my mind around how Araujo escapes most games without a yellow card.

Overall a poor clasico but Bellingham winning them the game was incredible. A brace for his first clasico away

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Vini was terrible yes but weird to call Bellingham invisible when he won them the game.
He won them the game with 2 individual actions. For the most part of the game he was defended very well. Without those goals, everyone would have talked about a poor performance. But football is a result sport, so who cares now of course. We lost, Madrid won. But it's only 4 points and 27 games to go. Barca must prevent injuries if they want to win something this year. We have a small squad with 19 players. If 6 are injured, that leaves only 13 players able to play and the rest are third devision boys from barca atletic.

Oranges038

Barca were very lucky with some calls from the ref. I still can’t wrap my mind around how Araujo escapes most games without a yellow card.

Overall a poor clasico but Bellingham winning them the game was incredible. A brace for his first clasico away
Obvously Barca are paying for the referees reports so they can tell him to only commit fouls that won't be a yellow card.

avgp_1

Isco is becoming sort of a hero at Betis. That's a stunning volley to win it late on

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Want to know a bit more about these young Valencia players. Has an outstanding crop of 3-4 suddenly emerged to rescue the club and lead them back into europe? Thought they'd have another major fight against relegation but they're comfortably mid table and have picked up some excellent results home and away.

End of last season Javi Guerra, Alberto Mari and Diego Lopez all scored crucial late winners that kept them up. Fran Perez looked really good last night at Bilbao.

Can imagine the Euros lighting up in Peter Lim's eyes at the thought of selling them for 150-200m euros in a few years time. :lol:

Zed is not dead

Araujo is one of the most overrated players.
He’s basically a dirty fouling machine that somehow always escapes bookings.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Now admittedly I've only seen them twice but can we raid Sociedad for Kubo, Merino and Zubimendi?
Bring in their manager too.

wr8_utd

Not sure if Xavi should have gone 3-5-2 here. The players don't quite seem very well adjusted to this system. Sociedad easily could have scored 4 or 5 by now if they were a bit more clinical.

Araujo is one of the most overrated players.
He’s basically a dirty fouling machine that somehow always escapes bookings.
This is such a wrong take. The guy is an incredible defender though he does get a bit more aggressive when played full back.

Zed is not dead

He’s very average. Being a passion merchant doesn’t make one a great defender.
He’s often exposed defensively with a lack of spatial awareness that he manages to compensate with his athleticism. And also pulling down players and getting away with it

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Now admittedly I've only seen them twice but can we raid Sociedad for Kubo, Merino and Zubimendi?
Bring in their manager too.
Their squad is great and I hope we look at some of their players. It's my favourite city in the world, so have a big soft spot for them as a team. When you think they lost David Silva unexpectedly, a key player for them, they've still managed to improve as a team.

wr8_utd

Barca have been absolutely atrocious and completely out played by Sociedad here.

wr8_utd

Great work from Pedri but a horrendous finish from Gavi who had the entire goal to aim at for a late late winner.

PS: Wow. Araujo winner that and its surely not offside.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca played like crap all game, and win with last kick of the game.

GinobiliTheGOAT

He’s very average. Being a passion merchant doesn’t make one a great defender.
He’s often exposed defensively with a lack of spatial awareness that he manages to compensate with his athleticism. And also pulling down players and getting away with it
You need to actually watch him. This might be the single worst take in this entire thread. Well done on the troll job

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sickner, but unfortunately that's what happens if you don't take your chances.

wr8_utd

Most undeserved Barca win in years, but they’ll take it
Been a lot of these recently, to be fair. A lot to be said about Xavi's tactics and Barca's performance today though. The very little that they actually played football at the end, they looked like creating. Having Pedri back is also huge.

cyberman

I feel this is Barca everytime I pay attention to their results

Zed is not dead

You need to actually watch him. This might be the single worst take in this entire thread. Well done on the troll job
I watch Barca almost every weekends. Its not a troll Araujo is severely overrated in my opinion. You’re allowed to think he’s a great defender

Zed is not dead

Been a lot of these recently, to be fair. A lot to be said about Xavi's tactics and Barca's performance today though. The very little that they actually played football at the end, they looked like creating. Having Pedri back is also huge.
Ter Stegen has bailed them out a lot this season