Lampard calling into LBC

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
The conversation then ended like this:

Frank: Listen I've spoken much too much about my private life today already - I didn't expect to have a phone call with your this morning. So I'll leave it there thank you.

James: So you won't give us a quick rundown on your thoughts for the champions league semi-final then.

Frank: No, I certainly won't.

:lol::lol::lol:

Count Duckula

Thing is, we're guilty of the exact same thing in reverse now. We're all siding with Lampard for this, when we know just as little as we did before - and that's exactly what he was annoyed about. Of course he's going to defend himself, but for all we know his girlfriend was in the right all along.

Essentially Lampard's doing exactly what he was getting so annoyed about.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Thing is, we're guilty of the exact same thing in reverse now. We're all siding with Lampard for this, when we know just as little as we did before - and that's exactly what he was annoyed about. Of course he's going to defend himself, but for all we know his girlfriend was in the right all along.

Essentially Lampard's doing exactly what he was getting so annoyed about.
Dont agree, its his private life.... they shouldnt be discussing it on the radio regardless

Eyepopper

The presenter is a real wanker.... sanctimonious prick!

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Dont agree, its his private life.... they shouldnt be discussing it on the radio regardless
Why not? Do you think the same should apply on this forum then - no discussion of player's private lives?

francobaresi

Hats off to Lampard on this occasion, fair play.

Who the feck does this presenter think he is?

Eyepopper

Not really no, if its not relating to the game, certainly not if its about their kids....

I find peoples obsession with celebs lives a bit sad really

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Not really no, if its not relating to the game, certainly not if its about their kids....

I find peoples obsession with celebs lives a bit sad really
Whether we think it's sad or not, there are people who are going to be interested. If he wants his private life to be private, then getting snapped coming out of nightclubs with different women on his arm is not the way to go about it. You reap what you sow, and all that. Take Scholes for example, he has a private life because the only place he draws attention to himself on the pitch, not by signing expensive book deals and doing ridiculous TV ads (We Lav It!!). Lampard has made himself more than a footballer, and with that comes the innevitable media bullshit.

I agree that the presenter did take it too far, though, especially when it came to his kids.

Eyepopper

Whether we think it's sad or not, there are people who are going to be interested. If he wants his private life to be private, then getting snapped coming out of nightclubs with different women on his arm is not the way to go about it. You reap what you sow, and all that. Take Scholes for example, he has a private life because the only place he draws attention to himself on the pitch, not by signing expensive book deals and doing ridiculous TV ads (We Lav It!!). Lampard has made himself more than a footballer, and with that comes the innevitable media bullshit.

I agree that the presenter did take it too far, though, especially when it came to his kids.
You've got a point but I still think discussing the break up of his relationship and its effect on his kids while casting unfounded aspersions on his character is out of order

Broo

Get a brew on
Good on him, I'm glad to see so many people putting aside football rivalries to show some respect for him.

THIS MEANS EAST

Godammit!
It does mean "east", but when describing a masculine noun it also means "this", for example "este hombre" means "this man". But in this context, I believe "esto" would have been more appropriate, as no masculine noun is being referred to.

Eyepopper

Uh-huh, do people actually read the celeb gossip bits in newspapers?
Apparently so.... did you see all the people complaining about the coverage of Jade Goody a few weeks ago, while referencing the articles they'd read in the newspapers :wenger:

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Fair play to him ? Good on him ?

He is just being a drama queen.

Why the feck is he calling in and defending himself against cheap allegations?
Does anyone listen to that and think 'Lampard is fecking scum'...they might think that but it wouldnt be because of the radio show. After he defended himself, are these people thinking 'Lampard has character" ?

The only thing that is going to happen is that the show hosts will try even more of it again with him and other footballers hoping they would call in too.

Merman

Does anyone listen to that and think 'Lampard is fecking scum'...they might think that but it wouldnt be because of the radio show. After he defended himself, are these people thinking 'Lampard has character" ?

The only thing that is going to happen is that the show hosts will try even more of it again with him and other footballers hoping they would call in too.
You don't always have to speak against the popular opinion IK:yawn:

chewingkebabs

Stupid people might believe the radio, and a lot of football fans are stupid.

It is the anniversary of his mother's death, so he was probably emotionally charged anyway. Hearing that cnut on the radio making baseless accusations didn't help.

Good for him.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I've got to say, she's put him on the throne and took him down in the same conversation... her wit and sarcasm was quality... who is she?

I want to e-mail her props.

dave2528

I've stated before on here that I sheepishly respect Frank Lampard. I'm going on record right now to state that I like Frank Lampard the man and the footballer.

Care less who he plays for.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player

What an awful post...

Drama queen? Listen, I have had my personal life thrown into shambles based on senseless and terrible allegations, and i'm sure you and other have as well... depending on the scale of these you meet them at an equal stage, Lampard decided to call into a very popular and well-heard radio station, and equivalent stage the story has reached and sadly spread.

You're obivously ignorant into the world of celeb status, I bring up the allegations of one Chris Brown now because that is what's popular: Before him beating his bird nobody thought he had a harmful bone in his body... now, he's the scum of the earth and represents every awful husband/boyfriend in the world... posterboy.

Lampard's image could have suffered from this, as an example personally I had not only no clue he had two kids, but didn't think he was going through a split either... these things need not be known to myself who appreciate his football, yet they get exposed through sad journos and shit tabloids.

If this sparks radiohosts doign more of this, they'll hit a roadblock of reality because if anything, this will only make them look even more shit.

Stupid people might believe the radio, and a lot of football fans are stupid.

It is the anniversary of his mother's death, so he was probably emotionally charged anyway. Hearing that cnut on the radio making baseless accusations didn't help.

Good for him.
Well said chewing

Bread

This cnut was on Sky News now, and even managed to allow Kay Burley to make a fool of him.

That didn't do him any favours did he, he was totally wrong i thought as well, seemed very childish and arrogant.

Always had a lot of respect for Lampard, great player, diesent bloke and one of the more intellegent players around now. I think he had every right to be as annoyed as he obviously was this morning, to hear yourself being villified for things you havent even done in the public eye to potentially millions of people must be horrible to see happen, especially on the anniversary of what must have been the worst day of his life.

Bit weird the woman on sky news saying she had it in her diary though.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
This cnut was on Sky News now, and even managed to allow Kay Burley to make a fool of him.

Dear lord, a woman with red hair's not stood up to an arrogant tosser like that on these shores since Boudicca.

Well done to Kay! Take a bow. :)

Bread

On another note i thought it was almost disgusting that he basically said frank hadnt fought for his relationship to last without any information to say that he didnt, as the matter was done behind closed doors i dont really feel he has any right to say that he would fight tooth and nail and that frank hasnt

chewingkebabs

Also keep in mind that the flat his ex-wife and kids isn't exactly a hovel. Reports are that it's a 3 million pound condo. Inferior to Frank's townhouse, maybe, but quite superior to most other people's living situations. It was shady for the radio host to imply that Frank kicked his ex-wife and children into slumdog conditions.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
He was dignified and philosophical when interviewed after the Moscow shootout (unlike John Terry sobbing in the changing rooms)