Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Continue with 3 picks per round

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indnyc

is this a low maintenance draft? (don't know enough or have the spare time, to have lengthy discussions/arguments).

Also, wasn't sure how picks worked... 3 choices for each position?
You should play.. It’s almost like our fantasy league from last season.. Just with all time players

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sorry for the delay, sent.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
11 submitted 3 to go and I can get the results out to you all tonight.
So 23 squad players. If I only get one Gk for this round, I'll have a chance later on to catch up the required 3 Gk?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I can merge them if needed, but I need to know which one to keep.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think people keep drafting until all have three goalies then move onto defenders.
Yep, as is explained in the opening post of the other thread for this draft. The two should really be merged since it merely increases confusion.

By the way, hasn't the deadline run out? How many are left and how do you plan to punish them? :devil:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Been considering this myself today. Think it'll be done using classic wingers, then all defensive/central/attacking midfielders as midfield.

Strikers and modern wingers / inside forwards in the attackers group
You've got to use some kind of a list. Perhaps a xtratime or something similar. Not for the ranking, which is shit, but for the clear cut position definitions — because there are many players on the verge of classic wingers and inside forwards; attacking midfielders and forwards etc.

Perhaps look through our older drafts — I think some of the auction ones had positional-based lists.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
You've got to use some kind of a list. Perhaps a xtratime or something similar. Not for the ranking, which is shit, but for the clear cut position definitions — because there are many players on the verge of classic wingers and inside forwards; attacking midfielders and forwards etc.

Perhaps look through our older drafts — I think some of the auction ones had positional-based lists.
@P-Nut The Peaches and a GOAT draft split players on defenders, midfielder and forwards so you could use that

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@harms can you merge them and keep this one please.

I set the deadline at 9pm tonight so 7 hours 23 mins left for Jim Beam
Ah feck you brits and your weird am/pm nonsense :lol: I got all stressed out yesterday picking some crap half asleep because I thought I wouldn't have time this morning :houllier:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Regarding the actual league thread: there will be just one big thread, with updates/results - and no managerial input beyond a brief writeup + formation pic. Correct?

I presume managers can comment after the results of a round have been posted? Would be a bit boring otherwise.

To be clear, I'm 100% in favour of no manager input before/during a round.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I presume managers can comment after the results of a round have been posted? Would be a bit boring otherwise.
Of course mate. Goes without saying any posts questioning the committee's wisdom would be dealt with point deductions. Other than that, feel free to post :D

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Regarding the actual league thread: there will be just one big thread, with updates/results - and no managerial input beyond a brief writeup + formation pic. Correct?

To be clear, I'm 100% in favour of no manager input before/during a round.
Yeah I'd definitely hope results are discussed etc otherwise it will all be a bit pointless :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes. Should be as unambiguous as possible (which is tough, not least when dealing with players who were top notch in more than one broad category).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah I'd definitely hope results are discussed etc otherwise it will all be a bit pointless :lol:
I like the basic format - in fact, I always hated having to go through those match thread debates, worst part of the drafts for me personally. Posting tenuous "evidence" of this or that, etc.

Debating as a neutral could be right entertaining, though.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Another thing: there will be a transfer window?

Have you decided on how that will play out?

PM battle for blocked players, sheep style?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think we should be allowed maybe 3 transfers per window? And only trades between managers?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yes. Should be as unambiguous as possible (which is tough, not least when dealing with players who were top notch in more than one broad category).
Yeah someone mentioned the peaches and goat draft. I'll take a look at that later today.

I like the basic format - in fact, I always hated having to go through those match thread debates, worst part of the drafts for me personally. Posting tenuous "evidence" of this or that, etc.

Debating as a neutral could be right entertaining, though.
Yeah I just fancied trying something a bit different, as numbers seem to be dropping in normal drafts. Hopefully if this is a success we could run a bigger version to coincide with the league season next year.

Another thing: there will be a transfer window?

Have you decided on how that will play out?

PM battle for blocked players, sheep style?
Yeah pretty similar to the way we're doing the GLs at the moment, but with a max 3 turns and no reinforcements if you fail.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'll see how I can fit it in
You wouldn't have to do anything really, just give the managers a few days to make some deals.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Might I suggest having both a league and knockout cup every season with price money rewards. Price money will vary on where you finish in each tournament.

That price money will be your transfer budget for the next season. Will obviously be uneven and might seem unfair but will have a real world feel to it.

Pnut can make sure that the price money amounts are not too unfairly far apart.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Might I suggest having both a league and knockout cup every season with price money rewards. Price money will vary on where you finish in each tournament.

That price money will be your transfer budget for the next season. Will obviously be uneven and might seem unfair but will have a real world feel to it.

Pnut can make sure that the price money amounts are not too unfairly far apart.
Can't wait to be the Huddersfield Town of drafters :nervous: Seriously though, why have the crappiest thing in football be part of a draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.