Television Legends of Tomorrow

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just managed to catch up with this shite and it's getting more and more idiotic, they've gone down the wrong path.

So they're up against a bunch of knights and they have to go swordish with them, instead of using dwarf-star alloy powered nanosuit which fires lazers (rather power some fecking sword with it) or perhaps just combusting them with their radioactive nuclear power of Firestorm. Amaya doesn't really use her amulet in fight (but for some reason, just like the tinman and 12-year-old-state-of-mind-Atom, she's a skilled swordsman or a swordswoman to be PC), Ray doesn't use his suit either and Stargirl could probably throw some shit at them but she goes melee too instead.

Then the three most disturbingly idiotic things in this episode. First one would be Ray being able to go toe-to-toe in swordsfight against a trained adept of League of Assassins, second one not using this mindcontrol shit device to actually reprogramme his brain (let's take him on the ship instead, after all he's been flying it for ages and is still pretty much a captain of it) and the third one Sara going full lesbo on Guinevere, who despite being Arthur's wife, doesn't mind it at all.

At this point, I just hope that everybody part from Amaya and her fine ass just dies.

Sylar

Rip was so much better as a villain, but they did a good job that it actually felt earned when Rip turned back this week. It was a good episode in his mind.

Also cool to see Gideon as a life form (AI I guess?)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Rip was so much better as a villain, but they did a good job that it actually felt earned when Rip turned back this week. It was a good episode in his mind.

Also cool to see Gideon as a life form (AI I guess?)
Wouldn't mind that all the time.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That reminded me so much of the Doctor Who episode 'The Doctors Wife', which (lame nerd fact alert), Arthur Darvill was also a part of.

Sylar

Stein singing with Mick back up was one of the most random yet funniest things to happen in the Arrow-verse. Fantastic episode overall too.

Thawnes motives are compelling as was his unlikely team up with Ray (who has been excellent since they got rid of the Hawk people).

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Burst out laughing at Stein singing. Loved that episode, love Reverse Flash. Love.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just catching up with this thing, watching one but last episode right now and I'm somewhat impressed with how they managed Gertrude (the dino that is). Was expecting another deer from Walking Dead if anybody watches that shite :lol:

Sylar

My fav show from the Arrowverse this year. Its a big turn around from season 1. I think what helps is the villains are soooooo much better. Blandal Savage had all this power, yet was boring. But the Legion have flaws yet are so menacing.

Obviously some things defy logic (why not go to the battlefield, before the war starts etc) but that can be over looked imo when the story is strong and fun. I like the story arc they had for Mick too.

Golden Nugget

My fav show from the Arrowverse this year. Its a big turn around from season 1. I think what helps is the villains are soooooo much better. Blandal Savage had all this power, yet was boring. But the Legion have flaws yet are so menacing.

Obviously some things defy logic (why not go to the battlefield, before the war starts etc) but that can be over looked imo when the story is strong and fun. I like the story arc they had for Mick too.
"Piece of cake."
"What, you thought that was easy?"
"No, I want a piece of cake and a beer." :lol:

The key to the show is to not take it seriously - a lot of it doesn't make sense, but it's a lot of fun and can catch you out with random moments that make you laugh. Seriously thought this show would be cancelled after one season, especially with the loss of Snart - but it has improved (i guess getting rid of Hawkgirl helped).

Sylar

The key to the show is to not take it seriously - a lot of it doesn't make sense, but it's a lot of fun and can catch you out with random moments that make you laugh. Seriously thought this show would be cancelled after one season, especially with the loss of Snart - but it has improved (i guess getting rid of Hawkgirl helped).
Agreed. But then, how much of time travel do we know would make sense or not. Not like its happened haha.

But I think the change in cast has defo made it fun. The hawkpeople sucked. Savage was one of the worst villains ive seen. Snart at least is still around which makes for some good stuff.
Its a huge difference between s1 (though I was thinking s1 started to get into some rhythm near the end)

Schmiznurf

Agreed. But then, how much of time travel do we know would make sense or not. Not like its happened haha.

But I think the change in cast has defo made it fun. The hawkpeople sucked. Savage was one of the worst villains ive seen. Snart at least is still around which makes for some good stuff.
Its a huge difference between s1 (though I was thinking s1 started to get into some rhythm near the end)
Damn right, they were by far the worst thing about the first season.

Golden Nugget

Not when you are comparing it to Flash - when he goes back in time things change significantly - yet when these lot do it (along with the villains) not much seems to be effected? But like said, not thinking about this too much is the key to enjoying the show :)

But yeah, the legion are a stack of fun - savage was awful - so it definitely helps

Sylar

Anyone else thinking "good for Mick, getting away from that condescending pack"?
Yep, even 'haircut' brought it up. But I like they pushed it more so recently with people cutting off Mick with the "not now Mick"

Kostur

海尔的老板
Snart's line to Mick about getting into Iron Heights and planning an escape from a prison like in ol' times :lol:

Sylar

Just watched the finale. Fantastic stuff and fantastic season overall.

Also a nice little set up for s3. I think theyve got the right balance of who is in the Legends now. I do wonder who the villain for next season will be. Hopefully one thats more fun like LOD rather than blandall savage.

Sylar

Good season, learnt not to take itself so seriously and just have fun with it.
Exactly this. It took to the cheesy corny elements and ran with it, especially stuff like historical figures (like George Lucas)
I think comic book shows like this are defined by strong / charismatic villains, and as I said above, s2 was a huge improvement over s1 on that matter.

RedMaestro

Exactly this. It took to the cheesy corny elements and ran with it, especially stuff like historical figures (like George Lucas)
I think comic book shows like this are defined by strong / charismatic villains, and as I said above, s2 was a huge improvement over s1 on that matter.
There's one storyline that was disappointing with season 2 and that was the Rex Tyler/Hourman story. I was expecting Adams to have a bigger role during the season, since I'm a fan of 'Suits'.

I'm wondering if they'll introduce 'Booster Gold'?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good season. Enjoyed it a lot more than season 1 & was more fun this time round. Looking forward to its return.

Sylar

There's one storyline that was disappointing with season 2 and that was the Rex Tyler/Hourman story. I was expecting Adams to have a bigger role during the season, since I'm a fan of 'Suits'.

I'm wondering if they'll introduce 'Booster Gold'?
Thats a fair point. I did think the JSA would play more of a part given how they were introduced at the end of s1 / start of s2.

Sylar

I forgot they broke time haha. Also love the little 'inside' jokes they do like the last line from Steins character.

Sylar

MIck is great. Also Nate and Ray are a great bromance.
Amaya looked badass too.
Fun episode

Andersons Dietician

Kinda feel like this show is a love or hate thing. I love it, the fact it’s so goofy and they are all pretty much fk ups. It’s basically a 45minutes of Just lose yourself in the ridiculousness of it. Micks one liners are amazing.

Nothing will top “I’m not calling you Supergirl, it’s stupid” “skirt!, i’ll Call you skirt’

Schmiznurf

That Stein line at the beginning.
"I refuse to set foot on the titanic, whoever built that ship oughtta be shot" :lol::lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This show is very good. Doesn't take itself very seriously. The scene where they all started laughing at the thread was incredible too.