• Atlanta United

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chipper

Adulterer.
Dunno about a team but I suggest a Russian one or a Spanish 2nd tier side.

Those leagues now have regular live matches on youtube so everyone can watch them, no worries about people having the correct subscription tv package or the league being shown wherever the caf member lives.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dunno about a team but I suggest a Russian one or a Spanish 2nd tier side.

Those leagues now have regular live matches on youtube so everyone can watch them, no worries about people having the correct subscription tv package.
Oh really? All Segunda games are free?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Shouldn't be a club in the Top 5 Leagues imo. It's more fun to go and follow a club that is a bit unknown. I've been following Nordsjaelland this season as they've signed up to Common Goal and they've got some interesting young players coming through. Andreas Skov Olsen being the one people may have heard of, he'll probably move this Summer.

Prodigy24

Got a couple for you depending on your state of mind:

AIK in the Swedish PL. Current champions and biggest club based in Stockholm. Huge following, fans are a bit mental sometimes.

Brommapojkarna in the Swedish Championship. Bit of a yoyo club but that's only because they field exclusively home grown players that have come through their academy and depends on the quality of their current crop. Every school kid in the greater Stockholm area will have played in one of their youth teams at some point as their youth set up is amazing. Olaf Mellberg was the coach recently but was replaced last season.

Norrköping, won the PL in 2015 on the last day of the season. From a small town based north of Stockholm, still push for the title each season but don't have the resources AIK have. Good underdog story with these. Same kind of deal as Malmö but they're a team from super down south, almost Denmark.
Yeah, no thanks... Malmö FF is the most successful club in Sweden, having won the most league titles. They're also for some reason hated by the rest of Sweden, just like United, but they don't like us southerners that much anyway.. MFF have been very successful, having won the title 5 times since 2010, and qualified for Champions League twice, first Swedish club to do that in ages. They play in sky blue and are currently managed by City legend Uwe Rösler, but who cares, right? :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shouldn't be a club in the Top 5 Leagues imo. It's more fun to go and follow a club that is a bit unknown. I've been following Nordsjaelland this season as they've signed up to Common Goal and they've got some interesting young players coming through. Andreas Skov Olsen being the one people may have heard of, he'll probably move this Summer.
Could be a good shout.

StrettyEnder07

So for the poll, any others?

AIK
- in the Swedish PL. Current champions and biggest club based in Stockholm. Huge following, fans are a bit mental sometimes.

Brommapojkarna in the Swedish Championship. Bit of a yoyo club but that's only because they field exclusively home grown players that have come through their academy and depends on the quality of their current crop. Every school kid in the greater Stockholm area will have played in one of their youth teams at some point as their youth set up is amazing. Olaf Mellberg was the coach recently but was replaced last season.

Parma - Back in Serie A

Sturm Graz - Austrian Bundesliga
SALFORD!!!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
3 options from Germany:

VfB Stuttgart - I went to watch them while there. Nice stadium and it was awesome being in the standing area. Absolutely bouncing and all the different groups of fans we got talking to were great (and asking why the hell we'd go and watch them :lol:). They won in the last minute which made it even more entertaining. In the relegation playoffs, so could be entertaining watching them fight to come back up if they do go down.

RB Leipzig - Closest challengers to the big two. Don't know much about them but could be entertaining.

They have trees around their stadium.

Hertha Berlin - Very much a midtable side. Surely the German capital is going to get some backing behind their team eventually?

Cool stadium.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, no thanks... Malmö FF is the most successful club in Sweden, having won the most league titles. They're also for some reason hated by the rest of Sweden, but they don't like us southerners that much anyway, much like United. MFF have been very successful, having won the title 5 times since 2010, and qualified for Champions League twice, first Swedish club to do that in ages. They play in sky blue and are currently managed by City legend Uwe Rössler, but who cares, right? :D
:lol: We all know teams outside of Stockholm don't matter! You're right though, completely forgot about the Champions League exploits.

Revaulx

Nobody was expecting Sheffield United to get promoted at the start of this season. It will be interesting to see them get six points off us how they do in 19/20.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
3 options from Germany:

VfB Stuttgart - I went to watch them while there. Nice stadium and it was awesome being in the standing area. Absolutely bouncing and all the different groups of fans we got talking to were great (and asking why the hell we'd go and watch them :lol:). They won in the last minute which made it even more entertaining. In the relegation playoffs, so could be entertaining watching them fight to come back up if they do go down.

RB Leipzig - Closest challengers to the big two. Don't know much about them but could be entertaining.

They have trees around their stadium.

Hertha Berlin - Very much a midtable side. Surely the German capital is going to get some backing behind their team eventually?

Cool stadium.

What’s the really hipster one? Think it has a skull and crossbones as their logo?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The only problem with Segunda is they don't really promote young players much. One of the worst Leagues in Europe.

Belgium clubs are pretty good at giving youth a chance.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Man City are always looking for fresh blood to fill their stadium.

FC United of Manchester is always an option if things get really desperate.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Any exciting teams in there?
No idea. I suppose there's a few ex-top flight sides in there looking at the table.

https://us.soccerway.com/national/spain/segunda-division/20182019/regular-season/r49197/

Only one of Mallorca, Deportivo La Coruna or Malaga might come up via the playoffs. Real Zaragoza and quite a few other familiar names in there too.

I don't actually know if the league will be on youtube next season by the way. I've not heard that it won't be, but I suppose some tv station might bid for exclusive rights over the summer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Getting into the J League would actually be pretty cool. Their season is going through our summer too, so something to follow other than whether we're buying Bale.

FC Tokyo would be ideal but have a wank kit. Currently top, 10 games in. Finished midtable last season.

Kawasaki Frontale is just about the best name ever, and they won the league last year. They play in Napoli blue.

Sanfrecce Hiroshima came second last year, so could be good to get behind for this season. They also play in a fetching and rather different purpley colour.

Web of Bissaka

If it works for you then sure.

Idk but following other team just didn't work for me, I feel heartless watching it. I can endure it for few games, but no can do in the long run, felt so empty even if they play entertaining fun football, I just couldn't follow long term, once in a while is okay. It's like after breaking up, going out with a woman whom I just don't have any interest on, that felt so empty and like I'm using the innocent woman to get over my ex which is an immoral thing to do imo. :lol: Not sure how to describe it.

Manchester United F.C., is the only one I can honestly follow with heart, even if it's depressing and painful to watch, breaking my heart almost all the time now. Still, there are things about it that is fun and to be thankful for, not everything is and will be so baaad.

To ease it I suppose I'll also follow...
Manchester United W.F.C.
:D This!

Close enough.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've got one already its Villa.

Really hope they go back up to the prem this season.