Let's all laugh at Chelsea

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
They would be loving it if the opposite was happening to us..I've no pity, hope they get stuck in a relegation battle the cnuts

RooneyLegend

Why has Jose changed the way he sets his teams up? This is something that's been visible from his days at Madrid till now. Back in his Chelsea/Inter days he always played a 4-3-3. Now he's using a 4-2-3-1. Think this is what has lead to his teams being somewhat average in midfield.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Why has Jose changed the way he sets his teams up? This is something that's been visible from his days at Madrid till now. Back in his Chelsea/Inter days he always played a 4-3-3. Now he's using a 4-2-3-1. Think this is what has lead to his teams being somewhat average in midfield.
His Porto was a diamond I think, he switched to that dominant 4-3-3 at Chelsea with perfect players for those roles (Makelele, Essien, Lampard), at Inter he went back to a diamond but used a very defensive 4-2-3-1 in the big games of his 2nd season (when he won the CL).
From then on he has stuck to it. His first clasico at Real was the 0-5, and I think the bad parts of his 4-2-3-1 were most exposed vs Bayern in 2012. Roughly equal teams on paper but Bayern completely dominated in midfield, because the CAM of their 4-2-3-1 (Kroos) stayed deep while Ozil was always looking for space forward on the counter.

4-3-3 with Matic holding, Ramires and Cesc forward would probably suit the current team but their form is awful.

AshfordLad

His Porto was a diamond I think, he switched to that dominant 4-3-3 at Chelsea with perfect players for those roles (Makelele, Essien, Lampard), at Inter he went back to a diamond but used a very defensive 4-2-3-1 in the big games of his 2nd season (when he won the CL).
From then on he has stuck to it. His first clasico at Real was the 0-5, and I think the bad parts of his 4-2-3-1 were most exposed vs Bayern in 2012. Roughly equal teams on paper but Bayern completely dominated in midfield, because the CAM of their 4-2-3-1 (Kroos) stayed deep while Ozil was always looking for space forward on the counter.

4-3-3 with Matic holding, Ramires and Cesc forward would probably suit the current team but their form is awful.
Cesc, Ramires, Willian and Pedro do not have anywhere near the end product to play in a 4-3-3. Even Hazard lacks the sort of end product that a good 4-3-3 needs.

Tha 4-3-3 in 2004-05 worked so well because of Lampard, just not possible to find a player like him right now. Maybe Pogba could play that role but Chelsea cant get him.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Papy Djilobodji will be leaving Chelsea in January after playing only 1 fecking minute for them against Walsall in the COC. The news has already been confirmed by Besiktas' director of sport.

Surely one of the most pointless and mindboggling transfers ever? Even Mourinho said he didn't know anything about him when Chelsea signed him from Nantes in the summer.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Papy Djilobodji will be leaving Chelsea in January after playing only 1 fecking minute for them against Walsall in the COC. The news has already been confirmed by Besiktas' director of sport.

Surely one of the most pointless and mindboggling transfers ever? Even Mourinho said he didn't know anything about him when Chelsea signed him from Nantes in the summer.
So why'd they sign him?

Scorpy

Apparently Mourinho trusted the club scouts over Djilobodji without knowing anything about the player beforehand.

I guess the scout in question is already without a job.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Djilobodji has become a legend in France, or rather his agent has become a legend.

AshfordLad

Good question. It's awkwardly similar to the Bebe to United transfer, but at least we gave him a chance to prove just how shit he was before we got rid of him.
Not one bit similar to bebe. SAF totally bought into how bebe was going to be the next big thing. djilobodji was forced on to Mourinho's team as a result of failing to get any of the genuine targets.

Same scout apparently recommended Zouma....

....Probably Emenalo.
Zouma did not come as a random recomendation. He was identified after a focused search.

Chelsea wanted mangala but he was too expensive so scouts were sent out to look for a player who could develop into something similar to mangala.

Scorpy

Not one bit similar to bebe. SAF totally bought into how bebe was going to be the next big thing. djilobodji was forced on to Mourinho's team as a result of failing to get any of the genuine targets.
It's similar because SAF didn't know anything about Bebe and Mourinho hadn't heard of Djilobodji as well.

Bebe was younger, so I guess the transfer wasn't as mindboggling as Djilobodji's.

AshfordLad

It's similar because SAF didn't know anything about Bebe and Mourinho hadn't heard of Djilobodji as well.

Bebe was younger, so I guess the transfer wasn't as mindboggling as Djolobodji's.
Yeah they are similar from that angle, being unknowns.

Big difference is SAF was interested in investing time in bebe, mourinho on the other hand did not want anything to do with djilobodji.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Bebe was younger, so I guess the transfer wasn't as mindboggling as Djilobodji's.
It's like a which chode is widest contest.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Surely they won't slip up here?!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think there must have been some truth to Hazard being unsettled or not entirely committed. He's looked a different player the last two games. He looked disinterested in comparison before.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I think there must have been some truth to Hazard being unsettled or not entirely committed. He's looked a different player the last two games. He looked disinterested in comparison before.
Probably been told Madrid won't sign him if he continues playing shite. Bastard.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably been told Madrid won't sign him if he continues playing shite. Bastard.
Poor stuff from him if he really didn't give his all. A player that talented should never play that poorly. Willain's attitude on the other hand has been top class throughout.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Poor stuff from him if he really didn't give his all. A player that talented should never play that poorly. Willain's attitude on the other hand has been top class throughout.
Yes. Like night and day. Really soured to Hazard this season.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
He is better through the middle though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's lost the humility to it. We need them to start doing well again for a few weeks, then take another embarrassing drop.