Let's all laugh at PSG

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why did they let Paredes go?
He would still easily be their best CM besides Verratti.
Although he is a cnut and i hate him, Paredes was the only one in midfield with the right mentality for games like today.

JagUTD

I’d actually argue that being able to ‘half arse’ their domestic football is a major factor behind their failure. It’d take a very special manager to keep a team of mercenaries primed and match sharp for the Champions League when they’re probably inclined to see most Ligue 1 fixtures as dull and pointless.
Bayern have a similar, though not as bad problem in that domestically they are rarely challenged.

They manage quite well in Europe. Bayern are better run though as a club which is an important distinction.

MrEleson

Why did they let Paredes go?
He would still easily be their best CM besides Verratti.
Although he is a cnut and i hate him, Paredes was the only one in midfield with the right mentality for games like today.
When fit, he’s been terrible for Juventus.

Yuri37

Bayern have a similar, though not as bad problem in that domestically they are rarely challenged.

They manage quite well in Europe. Bayern are better run though as a club which is an important distinction.
german league is million times stronger than L1 though, watch German teams performances in European cups in last few years and compare them to the French teams performances in European cups

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
That should be the end for psg project for Qatar. Messi leaving, neymar 31yrs old and a burden more than an asset. That leaves only mbappe who would be leaving soon. Other than that, there’s isn’t a single player who’s is world class and can compete with top sides in Europe. Winning Ligue 1 was never the main objective for them and they have failed miserably in champions league.
That's it, project over? Is that the best they could do with all that money? Hopefully they come nowhere near United.

SAFMUTD

PSG have absolutely no depth. Sure they have world class players in attack in Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and great ones in Marquinos, Donnarumma, Verrati, Hakimi and Nuno Mendes but watching tonights match Bayern used from the bench Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Cancelo while PSG used 3 teenagers, Bernat and Mukiele.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

PSG have absolutely no depth. Sure they have world class players in attack in Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and great ones in Marquinos, Donnarumma, Verrati, Hakimi and Nuno Mendes but watching tonights match Bayern used from the bench Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Cancelo while PSG used 3 teenagers, Bernat and Mukiele.
Understandable why would any attacking player want to sign for a club where the same 3 players will start no matter their form as long as they're match fit

MSN Barca had the same issue with depth

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
This was the team I desperately did not want to lose to. 3-0 over 2 legs is by far better than what I feared. Gonna get shitfaced on whisky now.

jm99

Isn’t PSG partly up for sale already?
Yeah just seen online they are open to selling a percentage of the club and had already received a bid of 4bln for the whole thing back in November.

I think they’ll slowly back out and focus on United. Most likely Jassim owns United with QSI as minority investment. Basically double backed.
I don't believe that for a second, psg is in a league that's never going to be worth even close to what premier league tv rights are, that almost certainly relies on the ownership being willing to lose money in order to attract big names, and more importantly who would pay that apart from one of the other oil states

Yuri37

I don't believe that for a second, psg is in a league that's never going to be worth even close to what premier league tv rights are, that almost certainly relies on the ownership being willing to lose money in order to attract big names, and more importantly who would pay that apart from one of the other oil states
Because they are more clever than you and look at the fact there is far more potential for growth in L1 than in a PL' which can hardly grow more than what they already are.
And with the unbelievable number of talented players in France, I can only imagine how strong their league would be if they had the money to retain their best players.
And with all the money QSI and France have, there is no reason for that to never happen.

jm99

Because they are more clever than you and look at the fact there is far more potential for growth in L1 than in a PL' which can hardly grow more than what they already are.
And with the unbelievable number of talented players in France, I can only imagine how strong their league would be if they had the money to retain their best players.
And with all the money QSI and France have, there is no reason for that to never happen.
Right, but why would someone else pay 4bn for psg, if there's growth in the French league it would make more sense to buy another club for a 100m or less then spend the rest of the money bringing in top players, having two great sides in the league would he better for growth. 4bn for psg is nonsense and no one would pay that, when they could buy another French side for a fraction of that and grow the club that way

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
PSG aren’t funny anymore. Just boring. They’re filthy rich but have somehow put together a heavily imbalanced team with a weak foundation and mediocre coaching / management. The anti City (who are well run and put the collective first) if you will.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This was the team I desperately did not want to lose to. 3-0 over 2 legs is by far better than what I feared. Gonna get shitfaced on whisky now.
What’s so special about them? PSG and Bayern have little to do with each other.

jm99

I'd assume he means this is the team he desperately didn't want to play, it's unlucky for psg to get real last year then bayern this year both in the last 16, but with the players they have they shouldn't be relying on easy draws

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
QSI is not interested in signing young french players cause they don't sell t-shirts and get clout (aside from Mbappe) That's why they sign past it top players like Ramos, Buffon,Messi, Beckham, etc for marketing.

Pretty sure they are gonna end up with ancient Lewandowski once he leaves Barcelona.

Real Name

QSI is not interested in signing young french players cause they don't sell t-shirts and get clout (aside from Mbappe) That's why they sign past it top players like Ramos, Buffon,Messi, Beckham, etc for marketing.

Pretty sure they are gonna end up with ancient Lewandowski once he leaves Barcelona.
I know it's not that simple but I hope if we get bought by Qatar our owners wont act the same.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
They are the best team in Fifa.

Flexdegea

It takes times, I always knew I would be right. Things like this doesn't happen over Night, I just want to make those member that doubted me realize how wrong they were.

The troll has bolted. No one is taking it serious any more

Eric_the_Red99

I get what you mean but despite Bayern’s dominance the Bundesliga is still a much, much stronger league overall, the third best in Europe according to the UEFA coefficients. Ligue 1 is a farmers league, barely better than the Dutch and Portuguese leagues even with all the Qatari billions.

And there’s also the fact Bayern are a real football club, with proud traditions, and not just a plastic sportswashing project.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern have had much better managers than PSG since the latter were bought. That helps.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
PSG shouldn't play on 8th of March anymore. It's a bad day for them :wenger:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I was right again, no surprise.
@Oly Francis
@Sayros , @Samid , @JPRouve @bosnian_red @@everyone in the forum that doubt me. I m barely wrong. I will have to look at the psg thread to see who quoted me

I guess, Galtier should be sacked right?
:lol: :lol:

Galtier will be gone at the end of the season after yet another failed campaign, similar to that of Poch.

Both failed, at least Poch was open about his abject failure.

Tuchel still the best manager PSG had, and I'd be surprised if they weren't hankering after a bit of the Tuch again.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I hate how they run their club and I also hate Neymar on a spiritual level. Arab money suddenly making them a player in the big league (sorry united fans who might be in this camp soon).

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert

Galtier will be gone at the end of the season after yet another failed campaign, similar to that of Poch.

Tuchel still the best manager PSG had, and I'd be surprised if they weren't hankering after a bit of the Tuch again.
In retrospect, you'd have to say that Tuchel did the best job by a pretty comfortable margin. Poch made one semi final in the CL IIRC but the team generally was not good under him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I was right again, no surprise.
@Oly Francis
@Sayros , @Samid , @JPRouve @bosnian_red @@everyone in the forum that doubt me. I m barely wrong. I will have to look at the psg thread to see who quoted me

I guess, Galtier should be sacked right?
Good to see you're back. You should go and bump the Pochettino thread given his new job at the local McDonalds.

romufc

When you play league games and even group stage Cl games at 70% of your level, dominating teams and dont have a proper press, this will happen.

When they come against better teams, who have a shape and can press, they struggle because they have no idea how to play. Its not easy to up your level when you have not been tested regularly.

Surely Mbappe must be looking to move now.

Cloud7

Recurring theme that two teams that Tuchel managed ended up having underwhelming appointments after him and generally not looking as good

mctrials23

He was looking to move a few years ago until PSG said "look at your bank account" and he realised that no one else would pay him anything like what PSG do. Hes 24 so he could stay there for another 2-3 years before moving onto bigger and better things.

romufc

He was looking to move a few years ago until PSG said "look at your bank account" and he realised that no one else would pay him anything like what PSG do. Hes 24 so he could stay there for another 2-3 years before moving onto bigger and better things.
Yeah I get that but he has done literally the opposite of what most people do. Most footballers with ambition want to play for the sporting project until 30-33 then chase the money.

Another 2-3 years is a big risk considering if teams sign up Haaland, Oshimen for long term and other players will come through.

RoyH1

When you play league games and even group stage Cl games at 70% of your level, dominating teams and dont have a proper press, this will happen.

When they come against better teams, who have a shape and can press, they struggle because they have no idea how to play. Its not easy to up your level when you have not been tested regularly.

The Emir has spent so much money on him and his family that I doubt he can move without any consequences. Of course, if we end up being bought up by a Qatari middleman, then we'd definitely become frontrunners for his signature.

mctrials23

Yeah I get that but he has done literally the opposite of what most people do. Most footballers with ambition want to play for the sporting project until 30-33 then chase the money.

Another 2-3 years is a big risk considering if teams sign up Haaland, Oshimen for long term and other players will come through.
I think the difference is that:

In theory PSG are a pretty good team to be at, League every year (almost) and they should be competing for CL semi-regularly.
The amount they pay him is astronomical. I don't think any player has had to make the choice he has made. Hes getting paid €1.4m a week I believe. Probably more after bonuses. To go anywhere else he would have to take a 50%+ pay cut.

As to other teams, there are never enough top class forwards in the world. United want one, Chelsea want one, Bayern want one, RM will be looking very soon, Barca need one. He will have half a dozen teams or more after him when he leaves. Whether thats this summer or in 3-4 years it will make no difference.

romufc

I think the difference is that:

In theory PSG are a pretty good team to be at, League every year (almost) and they should be competing for CL semi-regularly.
The amount they pay him is astronomical. I don't think any player has had to make the choice he has made. Hes getting paid €1.4m a week I believe. Probably more after bonuses. To go anywhere else he would have to take a 50%+ pay cut.

As to other teams, there are never enough top class forwards in the world. United want one, Chelsea want one, Bayern want one, RM will be looking very soon, Barca need one. He will have half a dozen teams or more after him when he leaves. Whether thats this summer or in 3-4 years it will make no difference.
Agreed but taking a risk on Mbappe at 27 is different to 24. He is on an astronomical wage not many clubs can afford that.

So the question would be, does he want a pay cut to move to another footballing project? Will he put his ego aside after its been massively massaged by PSG?

The Ronaldo's, Messi's of this world have an ego because of what they have done, not because of what they were paid.

Mbappe needs to be scoring goals in CL semis and finals, scoring goals in leagues where the goals he scores actually make a difference.

MegadrivePerson

You deserved it, very glad to see them go out.

Hopefully either you or Napoli go on to win it. I'd love to see a Bayern vs Napoli final!

jm99

The Emir has spent so much money on him and his family that I doubt he can move without any consequences. Of course, if we end up being bought up by a Qatari middleman, then we'd definitely become frontrunners for his signature.
You think the emir will have mbappe's legs broken or something? :lol: They wanted mbappe and Messi and neymar all at the club while the world cup was happening, with decent odds 2 of them would reach the final. Now that that's done I don't think it's as big a deal for them to still be there. I think mbappe will be seriously considering leaving next summer