Let's all laugh at PSG

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
excuse me but was it not that same Italian midfielder who gave a total masterclass at Wembley in last Euro final against your English boys??
Thanks
I'm not english, so i have no stake in that.

Knew someone would bring up the Euros though, he really hasn't achieved or done much else at the big stage.

Strootman's Finger

Recurring theme that two teams that Tuchel managed ended up having underwhelming appointments after him and generally not looking as good
It's working for Tuchel, it's giving people the impression he's much better than he actually is

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I hate how they run their club and I also hate Neymar on a spiritual level. Arab money suddenly making them a player in the big league (sorry united fans who might be in this camp soon).
United already were/are a big player. They’re not some shitty little club like PSG, City or Chelsea who have suddenly won the jackpot.

Josh 76

These threads need to close.
Let’s all laugh at another club, when we have got smashed 7 fecking 0 to our arch rivals.

Strootman's Finger

Let’s all laugh at another club, when we have got smashed 7 fecking 0 to our arch rivals.
So we can never enjoy anything ever again because we lost to liverpool. Are you the journo who wrote about Rashford driving 3 days later?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
You could always open a "Let's self-flagellate, and lament our defeat" thread if you don't like this one.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
5 years out of the last 7 Psg has gone out in the last 16. Only manager in that two that has gone past the 16 is Pochettino and Tuchel.
I can do this too.
Since 2011 United has either gone out in the group stages or in the last 16. Only managers gone past the 16 are Moyes and Ole.
Pointless stat. The only thing it shows is that United and PSG have been a mess in Europe in the last decade. But we hardly need stats for something that obvious.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Every season I point out that they don't get much closer to winning the CL than we do. Joke outfit and Messi proving that he can't do it in a second country, unlike the bloke whose name we aren't allowed to mention here anymore!

Yuri37

Bayern have had much better managers than PSG since the latter were bought. That helps.
psg have had Tuchel, ancelotti, Emery and Pochettino so 2 guys who won the CL after left Paris, one who has won multiple EL and has eliminated Bayern just las year and another one who got Spurs to CL final

Agreed but taking a risk on Mbappe at 27 is different to 24. He is on an astronomical wage not many clubs can afford that.

So the question would be, does he want a pay cut to move to another footballing project? Will he put his ego aside after its been massively massaged by PSG?

The Ronaldo's, Messi's of this world have an ego because of what they have done, not because of what they were paid.

Mbappe needs to be scoring goals in CL semis and finals, scoring goals in leagues where the goals he scores actually make a difference.
ffs the guy has scored 4 goals in 2 WC finals and you're still doubting at his credentials in high pressure games?

Agreed but taking a risk on Mbappe at 27 is different to 24. He is on an astronomical wage not many clubs can afford that.

So the question would be, does he want a pay cut to move to another footballing project? Will he put his ego aside after its been massively massaged by PSG?

The Ronaldo's, Messi's of this world have an ego because of what they have done, not because of what they were paid.

Mbappe needs to be scoring goals in CL semis and finals, scoring goals in leagues where the goals he scores actually make a difference.
ffs the guy has scored 4 goals in 2 WC
I can do this too.
Since 2011 United has either gone out in the group stages or in the last 16. Only managers gone past the 16 are Moyes and Ole.
Pointless stat. The only thing it shows is that United and PSG have been a mess in Europe in the last decade. But we hardly need stats for something that obvious.
PSG at least have always gone further than the pool stage....infact one of the 3 only sides with Real and Bayern since 2012.
At least they have regularity

Josh 76

So we can never enjoy anything ever again because we lost to liverpool. Are you the journo who wrote about Rashford driving 3 days later?
We never lost to Liverpool. We got absolutely fecked. Out worst result ever. I don’t think people understand. I grew up in the 80s when those wankers were wining everything, but a couple of times a year, I could sleep well at night knowing the team I supported would give them a game and beat them more often than none. But what’s happened the last couple of seasons is suicidal. I haven’t even recovered from the 1-4 defeats at OT in 2009. This is gone to another level.

I hated them so much I can’t even put it in words. Utd can win more league titles and cups, but they will always have this on us!

I wont ever get over it! Never ever!

mctrials23

No one will pay him what he gets at PSG. Its as simple as that. No idea what he will actually demand. We paid an over the hill Ronaldo £500k/week though...

To be fair to the lad, he is one man. He scored a hat-trick in the WC final recently as well. Football is a team sport and the best striker in the world won't win you every game.

romufc

No one will pay him what he gets at PSG. Its as simple as that. No idea what he will actually demand. We paid an over the hill Ronaldo £500k/week though...

To be fair to the lad, he is one man. He scored a hat-trick in the WC final recently as well. Football is a team sport and the best striker in the world won't win you every game.
yep, and we all see how much a mistake it was paying Ronaldo that.

His quality is not questioned, his ambition is. The thing is, if you look at his ability, I would take him at United but its the ego, can he tone it down?

I mean I get why he has one, he is the golden boy at PSG isn't he? PSG's top scorer at 24, 2 world cup finals, 1 win, 1 golden boy award, I mean at his age internationally he has achieved is crazy for his age.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
3 things killed PSG this year :
- The world cup in November. No other team had so many stars going so deep in the WC (Messi, Mbappe, Hakimi) and had several players having injuries during the WC (Neymar, Danilo)
- The lack of depth. Especially Chelsea not sending the Ziyech file and Skriniar not coming
- The summer mercato was really bad: Fabian Ruiz, Carlos Soler, Renato Sanches, Hugo Ekitike are failures. Vitinha I still have hope.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
- The world cup in November. No other team had so many stars going so deep in the WC (Messi, Mbappe, Hakimi) and had several players having injuries during the WC (Neymar, Danilo)
- The lack of depth. Especially Chelsea not sending the Ziyech file and Skriniar not coming
- The summer mercato was really bad: Fabian Ruiz, Carlos Soler, Renato Sanches, Hugo Ekitike are failures. Vitinha I still have hope.
2 of those are on PSG: lack of depth when they are state sponsored and their bad transfers.
Everyone had the World Cup problem but yes, three of PSG's players were gone a whole week longer. Other teams have injuries too, especially your latest opponent Bayern: Neuer, Mane, Mazraoui, Hernandez.

You lost to a better team after spending your unlimited money in a bad way.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The following clubs had 3 or more players in the four nations that played the maximum amount of games at the WC:

Bayern 6 players
Sevilla 5 players
Atlético 5 players
Real 4 players
NK Dinamo 4 players
Spurs 3 players
Juve 3 players

The following clubs suffered injuries to 2 or more of their players during the World Cup:

Chelsea 4 players
Bayern 3 players
Inter 2 players
Inter 2 players
Milan 2 players
Liverpool 2 players
Leipzig 2 players
Roma 2 players

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The following clubs had 3 or more players in the four nations that played the maximum amount of games at the WC:

Bayern 6 players
Sevilla 5 players
Atlético 5 players
Real 4 players
NK Dinamo 4 players
Spurs 3 players
Juve 3 players

The following clubs suffered injuries to 2 or more of their players during the World Cup:

Chelsea 4 players
Bayern 3 players
Inter 2 players
Inter 2 players
Milan 2 players
Liverpool 2 players
Leipzig 2 players
Roma 2 players
Get out of here with your facts!

jm99

Also didn't psg give Messi and mbappe and the like an extra week or so off? Kinda makes up for it

top1whoisman

Scout
Get out of here with your facts!
Poor PSG have bought players who fight for the World Cups, that's not fair. And they really struggle with squad depth as they have about 3-4 tough-ish matches domestically every season.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
PSG have unlimited money, they can't complain about lack of depth.

And Ziyech wouldn't have changed the equation much yesterday against Bayern, he is a very inconsistent player.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG

Bayern 6 players
Sevilla 5 players
Atlético 5 players
Real 4 players
NK Dinamo 4 players
Spurs 3 players
Juve 3 players

Chelsea 4 players
Bayern 3 players
Inter 2 players
Inter 2 players
Milan 2 players
Liverpool 2 players
Leipzig 2 players
Roma 2 players
Yeah, let's compare Mbappe, Messi and Hakimi to Coman, Upamecano, Pavard(1 game in the WC), Lucas Hernandez (1 game) , Mazzraoui, Stanisic (0 game)
PSG were waaaay better before the WC than after.
Other teams were affected by the WC but not as much

But to be clear, the repeted failures are clearly on PSG for building on aging overpaid stars instead and of young promising players from the academy (Coman, Nkunku, Diaby etc)
And the worst is how they overpaid average players and are forced to pay other team for taking them (Kurzawa, Draxter etc...). And they overpaid average players again with Ruiz, Soler etc :(

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, let's compare Mbappe, Messi and Hakimi to Coman, Upamecano, Pavard(1 game in the WC), Lucas Hernandez (1 game) , Mazzraoui, Stanisic (0 game)
PSG were waaaay better before the WC than after.
Other teams were affected by the WC but not as much

But to be clear, the repeted failures are clearly on PSG for building on aging overpaid stars instead and of young promising players from the academy (Coman, Nkunku, Diaby etc)
And the worst is how they overpaid average players and are forced to pay other team for taking them (Kurzawa, Draxter etc...). And they overpaid average players again with Ruiz, Soler etc :(
Fair enough, so only Sevilla, Atlético, NK Dinamo & Real had more players in the final four.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Shows that state owners don't guarantee success.
At the top, everyone is spending money (Bayern has the highest commercial revenue of all clubs). But you need to be rich to get to that top.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At the top, everyone is spending money (Bayern has the highest commercial revenue of all clubs). But you need to be rich to get to that top.
Yeah but Bayern tend to be a smart spenders, from what I can tell and they've always had a great core of world class talent (some of them HG) who stay there for years and years.

mu4c_20le

Shows that state owners don't guarantee success.
Well, they did dominate domestically. But yes, people tend to look at City as the prime example, but they had a clear plan that involved poaching Barca staff and literally copying their blueprint. There is nothing to suggest that oil sheikhs can run a club better than other sugar daddies or consortiums.

Superden

When you consider all the French talent all over Europe, it is odd PSG with their finances haven't ever looked to go that way....

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
When you consider all the French talent all over Europe, it is odd PSG with their finances haven't ever looked to go that way....
They alienated many of the academy products and these then went elsewhere (mostly even without a transfer fee), because PSG relied on bought and "old" stars. They wanted immediate success.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Very happy for PSG to go out and very happy that Bayern won. Always admired and respected Bayern more than any other European club. Also share similarities with united. If I had to choose one club after United to prefer in Europe, it would always be Bayern. Feck Madrid and feck Barca. Don’t care about Italian clubs.

JagUTD

Probably the worst thing that's happened this season. Hopefully the Qatari travelling circus can bin the Parisians off and come sort this menace out once and for all.

Which brave journalist brought this travesty to our attention?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
And Poch still doesn’t get a trophy for that
Good to see you're back. You should go and bump the Pochettino thread given his new job at the local McDonalds.
I can do this too.
:lol: :lol:

Galtier will be gone at the end of the season after yet another failed campaign, similar to that of Poch.

Both failed, at least Poch was open about his abject failure.

Tuchel still the best manager PSG had, and I'd be surprised if they weren't hankering after a bit of the Tuch again.
The troll has bolted. No one is taking it serious any more
Some of you guys will never learn, but that is fine. You can't be helped.

Psg just lost again at home to Lyons today. Pochettino never lost at home with psg in his last season. Pochettino did miracles with that psg squad he had, getting them to the semi final of champion league and winning the trophies he did there.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Psg just lost again at home to Lyons today. Pochettino never lost at home with psg in his last season. Pochettino did miracles with that psg squad he had, getting them to the semi final of champion league and winning the trophies he did there.
He's still unemployed.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, they might be shit, but they are still running away with the title.
The other teams just don't have the consistency.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’m not sure managerial miracles should be necessary when you have the talent PSG have.
Poch is also the only manager to lose the league since 2017 (7years!!) but he’ll be back at spurs soon and you can go troll fighting cock instead of the Caf.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

:lol:
Not sure if to laugh or cry ...with laughter.

Remind me the job Poch has done in the last few months?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I’m not sure managerial miracles should be necessary when you have the talent PSG have.
Poch is also the only manager to lose the league since 2017 (7years!!) but he’ll be back at spurs soon and you can go troll fighting cock instead of the Caf.
Spurs don't want him back. :lol: