Let's not buy Raiola players again - ever

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I totally agree about that. The evolution of modern football is horrible and the money and agents have ruined a lot. However i think we are past a point of no return, im afraid it just has to be accepted. I dont know if it is legally even possible to ban the agents. If players think it is worth to hire a manager and pay the money.. what can be done about it? Clubs would need to take action but i think a lot of clubs wont take action because they dont want to miss out on players like Pogba.
That may be the case, but if you're a United player now and go and hire Raiola you are basically telling the club to go f itself.

You can also choose to not sign players of a particular agent. You can freeze them out "for footballing reasons" if they sign up with him. You can also take the gloves off when fighting him and try to ruin him. I'd go for all of these options.

Gasolin

I agree completely with not touching his players. There is a reason why Barcelona, Madrid, Liverpool and City don't have a single player who has Mino as his agent.
Like who? Liverpool might end up with Haaland so...

sourdough satellite

Pogba could just nip all this stuff in the bud and tell Raiola to STFU or else he's fired, but he chooses not to.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Pogba could have made plenty of money anywhere, he came back to United because he loved this club and wanted to be a player there. I agree that it's ended up being a terrible decision for both parties, although I still think Pogba would be an asset in a better United side, even with just one arrival like Sancho and a healthy Rashford.
I think there was very little sentiment to his decision, he came back because United were willing to give Juventus what they were asking and offered the player more. Had Real matched our offer he'd have gone there.

If he was so fond of the club he probably wouldn't have left in the first place.

Gasolin

I think there was very little sentiment to his decision, he came back because United were willing to give Juventus what they were asking and offered the player more. Had Real matched our offer he'd have gone there.

If he was so fond of the club he probably wouldn't have left in the first place.
Not necessarily, he left to be a starter in a big club. He went to a very serious club. I think that's fair. Mino is a s*** bag, Pogba should kick him or ask him to shut up. However, Pogba has some feelings for United, that's for sure. He remembers everyone who took care of him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

That's simply not true. He wanted to go back to United because he felt he had unfinished business there. United jumped at the opportunity and beat the competition to his signature but he wanted to be there, he loves the club. Anybody who knows him in the club will tell you the same. It obviously didn't work out the way everyone hoped it would, but there's no need to suddenly turned him into a mercenary who never cared and was simply chasing the money, I'm sure he could have gotten more money elsewhere.

As for why he left in the first place, his reasons were legitimate and proved, ultimately, to be the right move for his career.

Shimo

And another thing - Railoa himself worked on Pogba's contract with United - so if he sees him as a prisoner here, maybe he should have worked a contract that would have let his client not become a prisoner. Stain on the human race people like him.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Not necessarily, he left to be a starter in a big club. He went to a very serious club. I think that's fair. Mino is a s*** bag, Pogba should kick him or ask him to shut up. However, Pogba has some feelings for United, that's for sure. He remembers everyone who took care of him.
That's simply not true. He wanted to go back to United because he felt he had unfinished business there. United jumped at the opportunity and beat the competition to his signature but he wanted to be there, he loves the club. Anybody who knows him in the club will tell you the same. It obviously didn't work out the way everyone hoped it would, but there's no need to suddenly turned him into a mercenary who never cared and was simply chasing the money, I'm sure he could have gotten more money elsewhere.

As for why he left in the first place, his reasons were legitimate and proved, ultimately, to be the right move for his career.
Yeah, he probably does feel something for United and Manchester, having spent some of his early years here. He has friends and knows the club, etc.

However he was flirting with Real Madrid, who would not pay what Juve and his agent wanted. That's why we had a chance. If they had matched our offer he would probably have signed for them and announced he was "Happy to be playing for the biggest club in the world". Instead he came here and we got the "Unfinished business" line. Guess what? Several years later, he still has unfinished business here.

If he left United to be a starter at a big team, he had it at Juventus. Should have repaid them by staying and helping them to win a CL before leaving. That's unfinished business too.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Read an article where Zlatan wanted a move, couldn't get it, hired Miho who went into the president's office and put his shoes on the desk and started insulting the president. Zlatan had his move as the president refused to be treated that way, and Zlatan thought it was brilliant.

Players who only want money will flock to Mino. But I think Ole knows his game and won't sell Pogba over some insults.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This whole thing makes no sense, some act gob smacked, what you expected to happen. Check threads before Pogba joined from Juventus. Also section of this hate is just hiding behing his agent to justify it, said it already but wouldnt be surprised to see Martial next on target list after Pogba leaves but this time they wont be able to hide behind MR as he aint his agent.
What am I missing. What doesn't make sense? What Raiola said, or peoples reactions? I don't think anyone would have hoped or expected to see Pogba wanting to leave the club so desperately he allows his agent to make Pogba into a disruptment. Why would anyone expect that? What has Martial to do with this? :confused:

If one is to believe Pogba loves the club, it was pretty weird to leave, then build up a rep, then come back and then wanting to leave so soon. Him wanting to leave before last season and the disruptments previously created doesn't make any sense. But in retrospect this makes sense to me. Raiola wanted to move Pogba here because of the money, and stories was that he convinced Pogba of coming here for a couple of more years while developing before he'd get him the big move to Real that he wanted. Obviously United would not agree to that so Raiola clearly has been playing a double game and has his puppet on a string.

The only loser here is Pogba because I believe he lost his motivation and determination to evolve from agreeing to something that wasn't true to his heart. He hasn't been developing into the player everyone expected and while people want to blame United, the only loser in that race is Pogba himself and he has to take responsibility for his actions. Raiola made him do something he didn't want to, but he went along with it for the money and I'd bet he just lost a lot of respect in Manchester. Unless he comes out publicly and excuses the comments made on his behalf.

If you love someone you don't let some other friend manipulate them into doing what you want them to do for your own benefit, that is just very disrespectful and not something a good person would do if he loves someone. Far from it. So either he doesn't love us and is in it for the money, which would explain his behaviour and it is nothing personal, but if he loves the club then this feels like a much bigger betrayal. It is delusional to have it both ways. Pogba has a pretty smile but come on, it's not cool. Very few players have so little respect for their club they, however indirectly, disrupts their season willingly as a move for their own benefit.

Don't forget all these games that Pogba and his man plays also contributed heavily into disrupting our follow up season after coming second. I believed his falling out with Mourinho was a singular incident based on emotions and the fact that Mourinho is a bit of a lunatic, but in retrospect there was no motive for Mourinho there. Not many took him seriously when he told Pogba was a Virus. He got sacked from a lot of things, but one of the things that contributed was the big bust up with this player and it disrupted our season. Pogba even put out a timely picture if I remember correctly, sort of to say I won to Mourinho. If that was a singular incident I wouldn't question Pogba much right now, but now this player have had his agent attack the manager of the club he plays for. That is nothing but betrayal and highly unusual behaviour from footballers, and not something that should be tolerated or accepted.

I have nothing against Pogba but I wont be fooled by wishful thinking that he isn't instructing his agent to do what it takes to get it his way. If he do this now, he could have done it before, and this is not the first time we've had possibly fatal disruptions from him. This incident just leads me to doubt 1. His love for the club. 2. His professional commitment 3. His character and motivation. All these things have been questioned before always with an excuse and I believed in them because I like Pogba. I love the club, and this guy I think he has been a virus and a bad decision to buy him and make him our star player. It might be unpopular opinion because on his day he is such a great player, but despite that I don't think he ever really handled the pressure of playing for United well. It was always something lacking in his game when he played here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

What an absolute tosspot.
I have no faith in Ole, but we have to severe ties with this absolute cnut of a man. SAF was right in his disdain and the lack importance he gave frauds like Riaola. He's already publically disrespected the club a few months back. Now, he's publically taunting our manager. Hope we take a harsh stance against this clown who wants to 'speak his minr' as well as Pogba unless he apologises for his agents behaviour. We don't need to go easy on either of them if they want to turn this into a battle.

amolbhatia50k

Read an article where Zlatan wanted a move, couldn't get it, hired Miho who went into the president's office and put his shoes on the desk and started insulting the president. Zlatan had his move as the president refused to be treated that way, and Zlatan thought it was brilliant..
Pathetic man.

Actually I hope Ole does sell him but not only on our terms.

amolbhatia50k

This thunder cnut needs to be taught a lesson. I don’t understand why any youngster would use him as an agent. Has any of his players actually made the right decision?

Pogba made a terrible decision to join us. Every decision made is simply to make money. There is more to life than money, especially when they make millions anyways.
Yeah. The funny thing is although it's not turned out well for us, Pogba has actually made a terrible decision for himself as well to join us. And his agent who made a shitload of cash over the deal didn't really do the best job for his client in this case.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
That may be the case, but if you're a United player now and go and hire Raiola you are basically telling the club to go f itself.

You can also choose to not sign players of a particular agent. You can freeze them out "for footballing reasons" if they sign up with him. You can also take the gloves off when fighting him and try to ruin him. I'd go for all of these options.
We can. But that would set its own precedent. Other agents might be reluctant to deal with us.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We can. But that would set its own precedent. Other agents might be reluctant to deal with us.
Conversely, agents may start behaving themselves. They are dogs. They will want the juicy bone United can give them. If it means being a good boy. Why not? But we have to make an example of this rabid Raiola.

Micky Targaryen

His methods might be distasteful but he gets the job done. Re: Pogba, I feel that Pogba has been silent because he is relying on his agent to get the message across that he wants to leave the club and Raiola is doing it in the most cnuty, most effective way, IMO. Hence, the agent receives the hate while the player still maintains good PR.

Having said that, if I was a player, I too would sign up with Raiola.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
His methods might be distasteful but he gets the job done. Re: Pogba, I feel that Pogba has been silent because he is relying on his agent to get the message across that he wants to leave the club and Raiola is doing it in the most cnuty, most effective way, IMO. Hence, the agent receives the hate while the player still maintains good PR.

Having said that, if I was a player, I too would sign up with Raiola.
Generally speaking, endorsing the actions of a cnut is the same as being a cnut.

Andersonson

Besides Pogba and Verrati he doesnt really have any players I would want at the club anyways.

Just get rid of him and Pogba and hopefull we'll never see him again.

jackal&hyde

Shut up and show the money.
He can't and i think that is where the frustration is coming from. Wants to move Pogba on but can't convince any club to come up with the money so he misdirects attention on other people to make himself look good in the eyes of the players. He "doesn't fail", it's always somebody else's fault. Typical con man attitude. Never do business with this snake again, no matter who he represents.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He can't and i think that is where the frustration is coming from. Wants to move Pogba on but can't convince any club to come up with the money so he misdirects attention on other people to make himself look good in the eyes of the players. He "doesn't fail", it's always somebody else's fault. Typical con man attitude. Never do business with this snake again, no matter who he represents.
120 mils or his player can rot in the reserves till 2022 and then leave on a free with this career ruined.

Micky Targaryen

Generally speaking, endorsing the actions of a cnut is the same as being a cnut.
If you're saying Pogba is a cnut, I've got nothing to add.

If you're saying that I'm a cnut, then you might be right. :lol:

My point is however cnuty Raiola is, he gets the job done for what his clients are paying him to do.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
If you're saying Pogba is a cnut, I've got nothing to add.

If you're saying that I'm a cnut, then you might be right. :lol:

My point is however cnuty Raiola is, he gets the job done for what his clients are paying him to do.
You mean dealing with clubs in a very unprofessional rowdy like manner?

I would say there are better ways to do business. For example Pogba can walk into the office and submit a written transfer request stating that he does not see himself progressing at the club anymore and also because he wants to win trophies. Is this very difficult? No. But once a lowlife always a lowlife. The concept of class is alien to some.

Water Melon

Mino posts that piece of shite on his twatter and IG accounts and PP keeps his mouth shut. Unfeckingbelievable. I hope Woody teaches them lesson and sells Paul only if a right amount is offered (120M+). If not, Paul is Man Utd's player, he signed a mega contract as did his agent. These two will never be bigger than United. It is utterly idiotic of Raiola to post this. He is gaining sweet fook all for himself or his client.

BigLebowski007

After the recent 'slavery' comments from Raiola the club should officialy make a statement about not dealing with this agent ever again. That way they will stand behind Ole (which didn't say anything wrong in his comments) and show everyone that clubs and players shouldn't be kissing asses to greedy agents with no manners. I believe some other clubs feel the same as well.

Resch

He says that ‘Man United have not lived up to Pogba’s ambition’.
I say that it takes two to tango and there’s no I in team.
Pogba has a long way to go before justifying his ‘reputation’
There is a i in TEAM, look in the a hole..... But Pogba is cancer to a team. He only wants to win, but never wants to work. Everything has to be fun. But doing the dirty things is not fun, you need men to do this stuff. Pogba is a showman, but no man, no leader!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You lost me. All these were/are represented by that shitbag?
All I'm saying is that sometimes we don't always have the upper hands.

Just like holding a player against his wishes, you can practically not sell pogba and let him rot in the reserves. But future stars would think twice before joining us. Just like if Raiola does something stupid, future players would think twice before having him as an agent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And another thing - Railoa himself worked on Pogba's contract with United - so if he sees him as a prisoner here, maybe he should have worked a contract that would have let his client not become a prisoner. Stain on the human race people like him.
Raiola is just a ruthless businessman, this is getting way OTT :lol:

ROFLUTION

It is fine that you consider Raiola a cnut but the fact you attack him over his English was a bit lame in my opinion. He speaks Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish and English. That is pretty impressive in my opinion and than you shouldnt be attacking him for not having perfect English.

I dont really share the hatred many have for Raiola. Yeah ofcourse he is cnut in the way he talks about Manchester United, how he tries to move his players around and steals young players from youth teams to bring them to foreign clubs. It is his job though. He is trying to do his best for his players. If Pogba really is unhappy (which wouldnt be suprising) and wants out than Raiola will do everything in his power to make that happen for his player. He says and does the things the player cant do to force a club into doing what the player wants. Raiola in return is rewarded very well for it.

If i had Raiola his job i would do the same. If i was a player i would hire Raiola. What does that say about my character? I guess i would also be a cnut but if i would be a players agent i would want to be the best. If i need to act like a cnut for that? I guess i will have too.

I do have a certain respect for Raiola. He started as someone who made pizzas. Became a translator for a football agent and build himself up to the most influencial football agent. That is pretty impressive to me.

However if Pogba leaves i think we do need to take a Raiola break.. however that is mostly because it would mean that Lingard is removed from the club. The whole 'all clubs should ban Raiola' is a pipedream. There will always be clubs saying yes to worldclass players like Pogba even if they have to be involved with Raiola for it.
It's just this weird fascination of him I don't understand. He speaks 5 languages. Okay, a lot of people can do that, but if their level of the language is how he writes english, then we should be impressed by a lot of people. This is his living - Of course he should be able to speak a certain level of dutch and french. In fact, I could probably construct some sentences like he just did in German, which I haven't had in 15 years. If this is the measurement of succes at languages then I speak English, Spanish, German and Danish, without even having practiced.

Anyways, you're stating that you'd hire Raiola as a player, because you would want to be the best, and it sounds like the best (and only way) is Raiola's way of being an agent. Go back some pages to see a list I did of how many of his moves for his players that was actually succesful. It's about 50%, so you can't even make the assumption that he's some sort of super great agent football-wise. What he's "really great" at is getting players a big wage and a big move, and he does that by any means, even if that means fecking over clubs and breaking up team-spirit - Is that a nice and admirable trait? There's also just the normal agents who gets the players a good wage and a stable career. You can't possibly say that Pogba gets the maximum out of his performances/career. But is it good enough, because he makes a lot of money?

Infra-red

Pogba could just nip all this stuff in the bud and tell Raiola to STFU or else he's fired, but he chooses not to.
Indeed. This is presumably all part of Pogba and Raiola's plan. Kick up a stink and drag the club's name through the mud, in the hope that it guarantees an exit for a reduced fee this summer. They are both absolute shitbags.

jackal&hyde

This attacks on the club are coming right before important games. I'm starting to think there might be some sort of understanding between Pogba and Ole that if we make top 4, Pogba stays and, this attacks have the purpose to destabilize the team to fail to reach it's objectives. Either way, there is clear all out war now between Manchester United and this cnut as he is actively acting to sabotage the clubs sporting aims for the season.

First social media roasting that i can actually get behind of though :lol: Ole in or Ole out fans seem to be united for once.

Member 90887

Just remembered Sir Alex's comment on Raiola ... can not be summarized better.

Mendes does the best for his players as well, but he does it in a respectful way.

Plassryss

All I'm saying is that sometimes we don't always have the upper hands.

Just like holding a player against his wishes, you can practically not sell pogba and let him rot in the reserves. But future stars would think twice before joining us. Just like if Raiola does something stupid, future players would think twice before having him as an agent.
Actually think that other players see this shit going on. Get rid of Lingard and make a statement out of Pogba, either buying club needs to show the money or PP needs to finish his contract.

Varun1

When some people talk about Haaland, and how we missed out etc... Please remind them who's his agent!

GBBQ

I mean its getting ridiculous when an agent is more famous than most of his clients but I am sure United play the game as much as any club out there. The world of transfers is cutthroat (just ask Josh King) and all the big clubs looking to hoover up the best talent are just as guilty for enabling the rise of a bottom feeder liker Raiola.