LGBT issues in Football

UDontMessWith24

Cool long as the majority keeps agreeing with you you're safe then
I don’t need anyone to agree with me. As I said from the start, I’m intolerant of homophobia and homophobes. Luckily for me there’s a plethora of countries, with high standards of living I might add, where the government does not engage in discriminatory policy.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
No, you didn't. You asked a rhetorical question, you didn't say what they actually did.

Go on, then. What are the LGBT+ groups doing to deserve the attacks?
I did but you can't be arsed to check. Somebody i this very thread even quoted my post today where it was explained.

Ahh, I always couldn't care less to check if this was on 2 or 3 pages back.

Tomuś

You've already said you don't care about politics. So I'm assuming you are just hoping to say things that piss off the people who do care about it.
Nah, I wouldn't dare to do it :) . It's a message board which I assume means people are sharing their views? Or do we simply all quote the op with 'this' or 'seconded' responses. Set the pages limit on 10 and close it. Quick and comfy.

NotThatSoph

I did but you can't be arsed to check. Somebody i this very thread even quoted my post today where it was explained.

Ahh, I always couldn't care less to check if this was on 2 or 3 pages back.
I did. but nevermind that. What specific attack did you think was justified? Did you cheer on the ones in Bialystok?

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
I am not sure why inclusion is a political point. Is racism? If it isn't, why is inclusion? Or if they're both, are you also against UEFA taking a stance against racism?

Second, so what's the lecture then? Do you feel lectured if players take a knee? Does lighting a stadium in rainbow colours feel like a lecture to you?

Also, I'm not sure why people would need to know the name of Hungarian politicians besides Orbán (who is anyway running the country in a very authoritarian way) to join a protest against a Hungarian homophobic law. Why are you bringing that up? Sounds like whataboutism to me.
It's not about inclusion. And the new law in Hungary is neither.
It seems to be that in Hungary the government has a different view of schooling and what should take part in schools and what minors should be exposed to.

One example,: The numbers of minors who claim to be transgender have risen dramatically in recent time along with media coverage. In Hungary there seems to be the suspicion that somehow this is not an all natural result but has something to do with what some elders tell the children. Mr Orban and the majority of the Hungarians don't want this to happen in their country. I think there is some evidence that Mr Orban is right.

See:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2768726

Racism is a different topic. If you ask a conservative and a leftist what racism is you would get really differing answers. As Fifa/Uefa never stated it's definition of racism everyone is free to come up with his own.
So this seems not to be divisive but as soon as you include there some statements of systemic racism or racism in the police and so on it becomes a political topic and should be kept out of football.

Siorac

Also, I'm not sure why people would need to know the name of Hungarian politicians besides Orbán (who is anyway running the country in a very authoritarian way) to join a protest against a Hungarian homophobic law. Why are you bringing that up? Sounds like whataboutism to me.
I'd just like to add that I read the law in question in my own native language (Hungarian) and the reporting of it in the oft-derided mainstream media has been accurate, at least in English: the law does say what the press claims they say.

So the idea that Germans might have no clue about the law has little merit: they just had to read a newspaper article about it.

Tomuś

I did. but nevermind that. What specific attack did you think was justified? Did you cheer on the ones in Bialystok?
The march in Bialystok was relatively peaceful compared to what they've done in other cities.

And no, I don't cheer the protests or support them but if I see them I don't feel the need to attack them. Unless, of course, they start.

Immediately there surfaced reports of 4 dead protesters which were quickly proved to be false.

NotThatSoph

The march in Bialystok was relatively peaceful compared to what they've done in other cities.

And no, I don't cheer the protests or support them but if I see them I don't feel the need to attack them. Unless, of course, they start.

Immediately there surfaced reports of 4 dead protesters which were quickly proved to be false.
I'm specifically talking about the attacks. Not the non-attacks, but the attacks that did happen. What do you think about them? Good? Justified? Necessary? Bad? Awesome? Sad?

Tomuś

I'm specifically talking about the attacks. Not the non-attacks, but the attacks that did happen. What do you think about them? Good? Justified? Necessary? Bad? Awesome? Sad?
Vast majority of them, which were obviously blownout of proportions immensely were justified, Bialystok should be avoided. :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's not about inclusion. And the new law in Hungary is neither.
It seems to be that in Hungary the government has a different view of schooling and what should take part in schools and what minors should be exposed to.

One example,: The numbers of minors who claim to be transgender have risen dramatically in recent time along with media coverage. In Hungary there seems to be the suspicion that somehow this is not an all natural result but has something to do with what some elders tell the children. Mr Orban and the majority of the Hungarians don't want this to happen in their country. I think there is some evidence that Mr Orban is right.

See:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2768726

Racism is a different topic. If you ask a conservative and a leftist what racism is you would get really differing answers. As Fifa/Uefa never stated it's definition of racism everyone is free to come up with his own.
So this seems not to be divisive but as soon as you include there some statements of systemic racism or racism in the police and so on it becomes a political topic and should be kept out of football.
Just showing the rainbow flag also isn't very specific, is it? Plus Orbán has been talking a lot about 'homosexual propaganda'. Apart from that your claims about transgender issues are biased, they also misrepresent the law by claiming that it's only about that.

UDontMessWith24

Goebbels would look at the ridiculous false flag that is “kids will be forced to have sex change operations” and say wow that’s a bit far fetched.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

This obviously won't change the world one bit, but it's nice to see footballers accepting some social responsibility.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

Vast majority of them, which were obviously blownout of proportions immensely were justified, Bialystok should be avoided. :)
I'm sorry, I don't understand how this is so difficult.

"Should be avoided" in what sense? Which specific attacks were justified, and why? I have to get specific with you, because you have previously claimed that a million Christians are getting beheaded each year. I have to be able to referece what you're saying, because you have some very weird beliefs.

Tomuś

Kononowicz's face is so iconic he could be starring in new Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles movie.
Thank you, this was my favourite back in the day haha.

I truly suspect he was pushed there secretely by the right. Just for the lolz. In that case, fair play to them.

Or simply lgbt took him on but I can't believe they would be that stupid.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thank you, this was my favourite back in the day haha.

I truly suspect he was pushed there secretely by the right. Just for the lolz. In that case, fair play to them.

Or simply lgbt took him on but I can't believe they would be that stupid.
His range of views on Youtube is actually ridiculously far, he avoided trip to mental facility many times, perhaps he really is associated with some of the political groups out there.

There was a weird rumor, that he was making too much political noise, so the Polish Intelligence Agency gave him a so called crisis actor who's playing part of addicted homeless person in Major Suchodolski. He's there to ridicule him and actually prevent him from becoming leading political figure...

I guess Russia had Chernobyl, we got Białystok.

Tomuś

Quality control
I'm sorry, I don't understand how this is so difficult.

"Should be avoided" in what sense? Which specific attacks were justified, and why? I have to get specific with you, because you have previously claimed that a million Christians are getting beheaded each year. I have to be able to referece what you're saying, because you have some very weird beliefs.
You're getting a bit boring. Do you think I'll be now looking at the map and tracing every single one of them?

The attack, as it was portrayed in the left media, took place in my town for example. Couple of rainbow hair people blocked the entrance to the church. People. Asked them to go aside twice or thrice so it ended up in helping them to step aside. Justified.

There was a protest during which lgbt people devastated the Saint Mary figure. Got a few punches. Justified.

There was an incident when they painted and scream some uneducated f sentences at the national heroes' monuments. Again got beaten up a bit.
Justified.

There were lgbt people painting pussies on religious sacred 'items'. A few knockouts here and there, nothing major.

There have been incidents on blocking entrances to working buildings, streets and I think also a few people helped them to move on. Justified.

Bialystok wasn't justified from what I know but haven't studied it thoroughly. Only just know VanPiorsing reminded me of kononowicz so I googled it and saw him there. Made my day. Or should I say night already? So yes, this is not justified, the guy's beaten just being himself.

NotThatSoph

You're getting a bit boring. Do you think I'll be now looking at the map and tracing every single one of them?

The attack, as it was portrayed in the left media, took place in my town for example. Couple of rainbow hair people blocked the entrance to the church. People. Asked them to go aside twice or thrice so it ended up in helping them to step aside. Justified.

There was a protest during which lgbt people devastated the Saint Mary figure. Got a few punches. Justified.

There was an incident when they painted and scream some uneducated f sentences at the national heroes' monuments. Again got beaten up a bit.
Justified.

There were lgbt people painting pussies on religious sacred 'items'. A few knockouts here and there, nothing major.

There have been incidents on blocking entrances to working buildings, streets and I think also a few people helped them to move on. Justified.

Bialystok wasn't justified from what I know but haven't studied it thoroughly. Only just know VanPiorsing reminded me of kononowicz so I googled it and saw him there. Made my day. Or should I say night already? So yes, this is not justified, the guy's beaten just being himself.
Thank you, this is very useful. It's always good when people show their true colours.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
You call my cultural norms backwards, I call yours disgusting. Great now lets sit and enjoy the universally accepted great game of footy.

Tomuś

You call my cultural norms backwards, I call yours disgusting. Great now lets sit and enjoy the universally accepted great game of footy.
How it should be. Too much close-minded people in this thread. Just hope there will be no alerts tomorrow asking me the same questions all over again and we can watch some footie without needing to reply every second minute.

Tomuś

Insulting another member
Yes, I belive Mensa does their testing by measuring how people react to fascists attacking gay people.
I thin iq depends on different things (maybe wrong) which you unfotunately lack. Lost the argument and still rambling. Not really a definition of a brainy person is it.

Makelele

If waving rainbow flags is about standing up for equality then waving a Palestinian flag should be about standing up for human rights. I don’t understand the big hoopla. UEFAs rules are clear like ice water. Hypocritical to say they should make an exception for this movement, which has massive political aspects to it, when they have forcefully applied this rule on all political showings, including movements that have addressed far far more important issues when it comes to human rights and equality.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I thin iq depends on different things (maybe wrong) which you unfotunately lack. Lost the argument and still rambling. Not really a definition of a brainy person is it.
You make me think of a lot of polish people I know who basically say "Gay people have equal rights in Poland, as long as they don't try to shove their lifestyle into my face by publicly doing all their gay stuffs like kissing or holding hands in the streets, i'm totally fine if they do that in private though".

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If waving rainbow flags is about standing up for equality then waving a Palestinian flag should be about standing up for human rights. I don’t understand the big hoopla. UEFAs rules are clear like ice water. Hypocritical to say they should make an exception for this movement, which has massive political aspects to it, when they have forcefully applied this rule on all political showings, including movements that have addressed far far more important issues when it comes to human rights and equality.
That's a terrible, terrible analogy.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
I mean at this stage you really just are a bingo card of right wing what aboutisms.
Whataboutism is a great way to reveal double standards and hypocrisy.

On the first page of this thread someone listed a couple of sjw pro categorizations putting the LGBTQ community together with anti-Islam rhetoric, apparently oblivious to the fact that there are actually no places on Earth where the LGBT community are more targeted than Islamic or Islam dominated countries, where they are actually executed, talking stoned, hanged or beheaded.
Coincidentally there was no mention of anti-christianity rhetoric, I wonder why?
Because the West have turned their backs on Christianity and painted a bullseye on the churches backs. That's why you can talked all the smack you want about Christians in the West, heck you can even burn down their church and no one will bat an eye but you can't dare criticize an anti-Semitic Muslim congresswoman in the United States house of representatives because they are in the same protected group with the LGBTQ community. Ain't that something

NotThatSoph

Oh, I'm not brainy at all. In fact, that's what Mensa told me way back when I thought it was still cool to be a member; they asked me to join in on some assaults and I declined, little did I know it was the mark of an idiot.

Withnail

How it should be. Too much close-minded people in this thread. Just hope there will be no alerts tomorrow asking me the same questions all over again and we can watch some footie without needing to reply every second minute.
Yes there definitely are a lot of close minded people. The feckin irony :lol:

Withnail

On the first page of this thread someone listed a couple of sjw pro categorizations putting the LGBTQ community together with anti-Islam rhetoric, apparently oblivious to the fact that there are actually no places on Earth where the LGBT community are more targeted than Islamic or Islam dominated countries, where they are actually executed, talking stoned, hanged or beheaded.
Coincidentally there was no mention of anti-christianity rhetoric, I wonder why?
Because the West have turned their backs on Christianity and painted a bullseye on the churches backs. That's why you can talked all the smack you want about Christians in the West, heck you can even burn down their church and no one will bat an eye but you can't dare criticize an anti-Semitic Muslim congresswoman in the United States house of representatives because they are in the same protected group with the LGBTQ community. Ain't that something
Burn down a church and nobody will bat an eye?

You can make your point without a blatant lie. You're describing a criminal act which will get you arrested.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

Justified.

You seem like a lovely guy.

NotThatSoph

Varg Vikernes just told me that you're an idiot. I would never call you an idiot, because that's against the rules.