Ligue 1 | French Football 2022/23

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He did win the trophee des champion beating Marseille 2-1, but he didn't win the coupe de ligue because he didnt stay there long. Regardless, Tuchel lost that trophy in the 2019 season, and barely won it in the 2020 season so if Pochettino had more time, no doubt he would have won it. He only got knocked out because he decided to play fringe players and they lost on penalty. Psg dominated the game even with their second team, which was incredible against the team that would end up winning it.

MNM not having a great day doesn't excuse how they only scored by a penalty at home. Regardless, as I stated last season, football is unpredictable. Sherif can beat real Madrid on some days and not all games are predictable.

I do hope galtier does accomplish more and get psg to the final and win all trophies and go unbeaten at home and walk the league in his full season. I can finally admit, I was wrong and on the rare instance finally be wrong about something on here. Galtier is a top coach, so I won't be surprised if I say in under 1 and a half season that galtier did everything poch did and more. Psg knows how to select top coaches and galtier is just another added to their growing list.
What were you wrong about? I mean besides Pochettino winning everything there is to win in France. About Galtier? I'm not asking to rub anything in, I just am not sure what you're admitting to being wrong about.

And sure, MNM is not an excuse, they had their opportunities. Personally, I think Vitinha's absence was a huge factor in the performance. He's quickly become a very important player in that midfield for PSG, and he's one of the major upgrades compared to what Pochettino had at PSG.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What were you wrong about? I mean besides Pochettino winning everything there is to win in France. About Galtier? I'm not asking to rub anything in, I just am not sure what you're admitting to being wrong about.

And sure, MNM is not an excuse, they had their opportunities. Personally, I think Vitinha's absence was a huge factor in the performance. He's quickly become a very important player in that midfield for PSG, and he's one of the major upgrades compared to what Pochettino had at PSG.
I will admit I was wrong that what Pochettino accomplished wasnt as significant at psg if galtier outdo Pochettino in all those departments listed. There was so many criticism of Pochettino, so it should be so easy for galtier to do it. So, I assume I will have to admit it at the end of the season.

I agree that vitinha was an amazing addition. Also Renato Sanches. What poch had to deal with was wiljinaldum, idrissa Gaye, and Herrera. No doubt that psg has improved significantly in their midfield now. They don't even have to use Danilo as a regular anymore. But, I m not using that as an excuse because even with those mid options with Pochettino managerial capability, he should have gotten psg to the final of the champion league as he did it with much less at spurs. Even though he got to the semi final and lost to the winners because of bad errror by their gk, that isn't enough for a club like psg who needs the champion league to justify their project.

antk

With all due respect you're responding to a troll. Keep your energy for genuine posters.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to admit to this day i don't understand how Fofana ended up at Lens

avgp_1

Have to admit to this day i don't understand how Fofana ended up at Lens
I think only PSG showed any real interest and they didnt go through with it in the end. I think Lens could make the CL places this year and he'll be needed

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think only PSG showed any real interest and they didnt go through with it in the end. I think Lens could make the CL places this year and he'll be needed
It's more that he was really really fecking good in Italy and you'd think one of the big italian clubs would have been in for him. Instead he signed for a newly promoted french side...

Bruno Fernandes MK2

Asger

Feck. Frustrating how many red cards Montpellier are getting this season!

avgp_1

Angel Gomes with a fine goal, has done well with his shooting.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
French football has been put on notice. It’s game over for PSG and the rest.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Nice's Jean-Clair Todibo has maybe set a world record for a red card after being sent off at the 9th second in the game earlier against Angers SCO. Apparently a player in the argentinian league got sent off at the 9th second as well but Todibo might have commited his foul earlier (at the 6th second of the game). Anyway he crushed the record for Ligue 1 which was 39 seconds.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Schmeichel was taking a nap during the free kick?

avgp_1

Nice have used the ball very well. Been very physical and organized

Ruiz is an absolute passenger in this PSG side

Bole Top

Lopez keeping Marseille in the game. it could have been easily been 3-0 in the first 6 minutes.

wr8_utd

:'(
Messi with yet another stunning free kick which goes off the bar. Messi's love story with the woodwork is incredible.

Idxomer

Bailly runs unnecessarily after a ball going out and injures himself in the process.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Don't have a video just a reddit link but this back heel pass would have been insane
PSG are my dark horse for the CL this year

IhabX7

Don't have a video just a reddit link but this back heel pass would have been insane
Wonderful play, would have been assist of the season.

They can’t be a dark horse while fielding Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I still don't think the team is balanced enough. Messi's and Mbappé's workrate is just too poor and Verratti/Vitinha can't cover fast breaks since they're not fast enough. Only chance is to score 5 goals per game and concede only 4.

Mickson

How good have Angel Gomes been this season? It feels like he would've had a place in the squad for us now as a replacement for Eriksen, no?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How good have Angel Gomes been this season? It feels like he would've had a place in the squad for us now as a replacement for Eriksen, no?
Talented but not very consistant so far, also he played at 3 or 4 different positions this season so it's hard for him to find his place.