Lindegaard

fatboy

If De Gea doesn't nail down his spot after 10 games or so, I'd love to see Lindegaard given a chance to stake his claim. He seems to exude more confidence, which is unsurprising given his age, but it's so important to have that playing for United.

De Gea has huge potential, and time on his side, so slipping to number two for a bit should not be seen as a disaster. He can build on his game on the training ground, and if he reaches his potential, he should be able to win back his shirt on merit.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What are people on about his distribution tonight for?

It was fine!
Spot on. The commentators were driving me up the wall. They criticised everything United did. I remember one incident when Lindegaard kicked a strange looking goal kick that didn't cross the center line but curved and landed right at Valencia's feet, near the flank, shutting up the commentator who was having a go at the Dane for his kicking:lol:

I'm always right

Is that all? It was a normal answer. I don't understand that "lol, owned!", "gotta love SAF", "hehe, owned Kenny's daughter" excitement.
You're a right odd ball Maciek. Who the feck wrote "owned"? etc... some Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime on youtube or? I mean really, are you gonna bring youtube comments into the caf? feck me, some of the bell ends on there laugh at people being sick and dying etc.

As for my "gotta love SAF" comment, well do you not love him? Is it not great how he sticks up for his players? He knows the media want to pile pressure on De Gea and he called it silly/stupid, I think that's great.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Lindegaard's interview brings up an interesting question.

Which players were here only to pick their nose?

Laphroaig

And the 27-year-old Dane, a £3million buy from Norwegian side Aalesunds last January, said he had become a more accomplished keeper since joining United and working with their coaching staff.
How hard is it to get the name of a club right? They get the Norwegian names wrong half the time.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
If De Gea doesn't nail down his spot after 10 games or so, I'd love to see Lindegaard given a chance to stake his claim. He seems to exude more confidence, which is unsurprising given his age, but it's so important to have that playing for United.

De Gea has huge potential, and time on his side, so slipping to number two for a bit should not be seen as a disaster. He can build on his game on the training ground, and if he reaches his potential, he should be able to win back his shirt on merit.

Agreed.

ricky-romeo

de gea, lindegaard, and even amos looks promising as well..we have some very good goalkeepers at this moment. and they are far from being finish products as well.

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
de gea, lindegaard, and even amos looks promising as well..we have some very good goalkeepers at this moment. and they are far from being finish products as well.
de gea isnt a very good goalkeeper at the moment

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
de gea isnt a very good goalkeeper at the moment
Of course he is. He might make mistakes but on the basis of his Atletico performances he's already a top quality goalkeeper.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
He also doesn't look entirely unlike Schweinsteiger. Next best thing to having Schweinsteiger is having someone else fantastic in CM... but failing that, there's definitely an argument for having average CMs plus a bloke who doesn't look entirely unlike Schweinstieger.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Lindegaard got a minor knee injury supposed to be back in training tomorrow according to a Danish paper.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think he's fantastic and I'm actually far more confident when he keeps than when DDG does because he's good at coming out for the ball and getting. Good shot stopper as well. Distribution isn't as good as De Gea but he's a brilliant back up keeper to have.

Kelvin

Had a decent game today. Stop a close range deflected shot from Anderson.
you watching a different game he was beaten, the post save us and lucky the ball bounce kindly to his glove not into the back of the net.

Ekeke

He's a good keeper and we're extremely lucky if he stays as a number 2. He's pretty sound at everything and it tends to be that when he conceeds goals its because they are very good efforts and only the best keepers in the world would have saved them. He's not one of those, but you rarely feel let down by him except maybe with his kicking now and again. But that tends to only give away a throw

Varun

Staff
He's a good keeper and we're extremely lucky if he stays as a number 2. He's pretty sound at everything and it tends to be that when he conceeds goals its because they are very good efforts and only the best keepers in the world would have saved them. He's not one of those, but you rarely feel let down by him except maybe with his kicking now and again. But that tends to only give away a throw
Yep. far too good to stay as the number 2 for too long tbh. very good keeper.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Despite Norwich having a lot of openings Lindegaard hardly have a save to make. Can't really judge him from this game.

Alek M

Da manic one
Despite Norwich having a lot of openings Lindegaard hardly have a save to make. Can't really judge him from this game.
????

Norwich had plenty of shots on goal, at times more than united. This is a game where a keeper gets tested.

Came out to the edge of the box few times when he sniffed out trouble.

He had great reflex reaction to the deflection. He closed down spaces great, especially on the one on one chance when valencia fell. Didn't he also sotp another one on one?

The shot that bounced of the side post, NOBODY would have saved it.

I thought he was very solid today.

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
FURY AT KEEPER SLUR ON VILLAGE

Alderley seems to be UK’s LA. Just without the sun, beach and all the good stuff!!!

Anders Lindegaard's Tweet

13th October 2011
By Daily Star Reporter

PREMIER League goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has angered residents of a village after criticising the place on Twitter.

The Manchester United star often visits posh Alderley Edge, Cheshire, which is home to his team-mates including Rio Ferdinand, 32.

And he Tweeted: “Alderley seems to be UK’s LA. Just without the sun, beach and all the good stuff!!!

“For the record – don’t live in Alderley and love life in Manchester!!”

Asked to justify his comments, Lindegaard, 27, who lives in Manchester, said: “It was only a joke, just tongue-in-cheek.”

But residents were quick to defend the village, which is renowned for attracting high-flyers, celebrities and Premiership footballers.

Author Alan Garner, who grew up in Alderley, said: “I think he ought to go to LA. I’m so sorry that it’s such a disappointment to him.”

Mike Williamson, chairman of the parish council, said: “Many successful, wealthy and influential people want to live here.”

Sylar

Oh noez, he made a joke about our town. Will somebody please think of the children :(

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I love Anders. He's always messing around on Twitter, making jokes, etc.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I know Fergie wants/needs to give him games but I don't like all this chopping and changing of the goalkeeper.

That said, I do like watching Anders between the sticks.

Siorac

I have nothing against Lindegaard who is a very solid understudy but would have preferred De Gea to continue. His distribution is first-class and he's getting better all the time which is great to see.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd prefer De Gea starting every game however Lindegaard has performed well when he's played and De Gea's performances haven't been affected after he has been rotated. Don't think SAF will be rotating in the latter part of the season.