Lindelof - new DM?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sorry should give Kobbie Mainoo. A more natural CM a chance to develop in that role. Lindelof shall fight the CB spot.
Mainoo is young and all that, but he always looked lost to me in CM role. He doesn't provide aggression and creativity either. He's just miles away from being ready, and a good loan is needed.
Iqbal looked far more ready in CM to me.

Denis79

Hello friend :)

most of the Caf are :wenger: when it comes to Victor. It’s like a cult

huge drop off when he starts as CB, even more so when he’s tasked to fill in for Casemiro

anyway I’ll be nice and say this, if football was a non contact sport he’d be ok
You forget more static as well.

georgipep

In normal circumstances I would very much agree with you. 99,9% fans dont know what they are talking about but this is a very rare example of the fan being correct. I never thought of myself as a football genius either but I really cant neglect the obvious. I said it before unlike all our defenders this guy has no reediming quality. Fact of the matter is Jose was punishing Bailly and Shaw and Lindelof got playing time (they both made a few blunders) Ole also made a mistake in rating him too. ETH obviously doesnt buy the hype and thankfully he is not playing in the league anymore but in cup games.
As I said, until Ten Hag decides to sell him, or demote him to Jones/Tuanzebe position in the CB ladder, the facts do not support your opinion.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well he's definitely not a DM, but he's still a solid backup CB. Sick of seeing posts calling him shite, very few clubs have backup CBs as good as Lindelof.
Spot on.

Lindelof seems more than happy to be a back-up for a team whose first 11 always plays.

He's not Maguire who himself says wants to play as his media pals always ask questions about it.

I'd keep him but he needs go be 4th choice. We need someone faster and better as first back-up

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Well considering I think a wheelie bin would cause more obstruction for attackers then..
I (think I) know you are probably just having a laugh but some of these post of yours comes across as quite passive-aggressive and offensive. Very much like these trolls we see in social media harrasing players.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I (think I) know you are probably just having a laugh but some of these post of yours comes across as quite passive-aggressive and offensive. Very much like these trolls we see in social media harrasing players.
Passive aggressive?? I need to try harder!

NoPace

I'm not sure this convinces me that ETH trusts Lindelof. Maybe he likes him more than Maguire but that's not a tough feat by the looks of it.

Punting him into a DM position in a tie where we're dominating lowly opposition on the scoreboard doesn't say much. He was just a body allowing a few legs to be rested, I find it hard to read anything into that.

At the moment he seems to be some kind of backup in the managers eyes but it's not clear he even likes him over Shaw at CB which was a left field idea in itself. I don't get any great feeling for the manager liking Lindelof, I think the only reason he'll stay is because CB may not be the biggest priority and Harry might go. I think the manager likes dynamic players in the backline that are good in duels, Victor is far from that.
That's fair, but we need a minimum of 4 CBs (most big teams have 5 but Shaw can cover LCB, especially if Alvaro is here next year which seems plausible to me because Shaw can be the 5th CB and we can then just carry 4 full-timers) and I expect Maguire to leave for a starting job somewhere and us to sign one replacement.

So, I think he'll be a backup here unless he asks to leave for say a Serie A starting job, as Inter are rumoured to want him for Skriniar. Maybe if we fail to sign a top midfielder we swap him for Brozovic.