g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lingard promotes clothing brand whilst paying respects to Manchester bombing victims

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's very dumb, but it's very unlikely he had anything to do with it. I highly doubt he's knocking up the image with his graphic design degree, and I doubt he had more input than saying "yes, I want a thing putting up", if that.

This is on his terrible PR company, whoever designed it for them and whoever runs his social media and put it up. Very unlikely he saw it before it went up, and even if he did, I doubt he's smart enough to clock on why it might look bad until after the fact. The others in charge of it should've done that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

He totally gets the club doesn’t he. Rooney was right when he said these players need to own up and take responsibility for their so called brands.

Imagine Pogba doing that, I’m sure Neville and co will no doubt rush in to attack him and want him out again like when he posted something right after Jose was sacked.

But oh well Lingard is young and learning. Probably that older Pogba is a bad influence on him.
I love a good pitchfork sale, but it is not Jesse Lingard that made or posted this.

But on top of that I'd like to make something crystal clear:

Jesse Lingard and Jlingz are not the same entity.

Jesse Lingard has his own social media profiles.

Jlingz is a company, a trademarked company that trades. It employs staff, Jesse is simply owner and figurehead. He does not do the actual work of the company.

The person that posted the image 100% included the logo since it was the company Jlingz that posted the tribute. "Jlingz stands with the bombing victims" is the message here.

I get that Jesse has a brand, but everyone needs to chill with the hate for players who have a business interest outside of football. Arguably it does not have any effect on the players focus or performance, at least it shouldn't have, and quite frankly any claims it does it just angry guesswork and assumptions.

BUT AGAIN! Jlingz is NOT Jesse Lingard, its a brand owned by Jesse Lingard. The difference when you want to blame someone for being offensive, is enormous. But you know, its not even offensive. The company posted this image. I get that people can take offense to something like that, but if you look behind the immediate outrage the point is made clear in the image, it simply states who the message is from.

To make my example even more clear: Here is Adidas with a supportive product for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing: https://static.businessinsider.com/image/51713fbaeab8eabf45000003/image.jpg - Notice how the product has their brand logo on it. No one argued about that.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit and stop jumping to conclusions. Lindard is not my favorite player but I don't especially enjoy public hangings either.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I love a good pitchfork sale, but it is not Jesse Lindgard that made or posted this.

Jesse Lindgard and JLingz are not the same entity.

Jesse Lindgard has his own social media profiles.

JLingz is a company, a trademarked company that trades. It employs staff, Jesse is simply owner and figurehead. He does not do the actual work of the company.

The person that posted the image 100% included the logo since it was the company Jlingz that posted the tribute. "JLingz stands with the bombing victims" is the message here.

I get that Jesse has a brand, but everyone needs to chill with the hate for players who have a business interest outside of football. Arguably it does not have any effect on the players focus or performance, at least it shouldn't have, and quite frankly any claims it does it just angry guesswork and assumptions.

BUT AGAIN! Jlingz is NOT Jesse Lindgard, its a brand owned by Jesse Lindgard. The difference when you want to blame someone for being offensive, is enormous. But you know, its not even offensive. The company posted this image. I get that people can take offense to something like that, but if you look behind the immediate outrage the point is made clear in the image, it simply states who the message is from.

To make my example even more clear: Here is Adidas with a supportive product for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing: https://static.businessinsider.com/image/51713fbaeab8eabf45000003/image.jpg - Notice how the product has their brand logo on it. No one argued about that.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit and stop jumping to conclusions. Lindgard is not my favorite player but I don't especially enjoy public hangings either.
How have you written JLingz every time but also Lindgard? You are right though. They probably should've done it a bit more subtle though.

Red_toad

This is all a little misleading, it’s not his social media profile that posted it, it is brands profile that did therefore it makes a little more sense that they would put their logo on it.
Oh come on now, lets not let the true get in the way of the pitchfork wielding mob on social media, burn everything, everything is crap blah, blah, blah :mad::mad::mad:

GiddyUp

Can't footballers just focus on y'know, football?
I asked a poster to name me 8 players with logo's and to my surprise they responded with many, some great footballers and some bang average. If all clubs had an Ed in charge, someone who puts an unwarranted amount of interest in social media then our line ups would start resembling a promo poster for a shite dubstep festival.
I understand a supremely talented athlete venturing in to these markets because they have the following and recognition but Lingard is basic as feck and is probably our Ryan Babel. I'm sick of knocking our lads over this shit, they are entitled to do whatever they want outside of the game but the game must come 1st and I'm sorry but Manchester United have produced some of the worst football I've seen in my life over the last few years.
They have nothing to be proud of, they've let the club, manager and fans down constantly and having their arse's handed to them by inferior teams doesn't seem to motivate them to be better. Social media presence, money and bantz are the priority for an unhealthy number if players in our squad.
I just don't see a path to glory with some of these players yet I would put money on them fleecing us in to their 30's.
I don't want to be a moaning cnut but football 1st lads, anything that gets in the way or proves to be a distraction should be put on the back burner while we claw our way back to some form of competant football.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Players like Lingard make me wish Roy Keane was at the club.
Imagine he’d have had a word with him after that bus video, and maybe Lingard would’ve become better at football with people like Roy Keane around him.

As of now, I’ve no idea why he is at the club, looks to me like he’s more interested in his stupid brand than being a football player for Manchester United.

Fosu-Mens

Players like Lingard make me wish Roy Keane was at the club.
Imagine he’d have had a word with him after that bus video, and maybe Lingard would’ve become better at football with people like Roy Keane around him.

As of now, I’ve no idea why he is at the club, looks to me like he’s more interested in his stupid brand than being a football player for Manchester United.
Maybe Scotty could take up the torch? Get a personal training week with Keano over the summer on how to handle the manchilds at the club?

Pierluigi Casiraghi

I have never warmed to the guy. He is so cringe, the way he acts reminds me of how my friends and I acted in our early teens.

He's probably been surrounded by sycophants ever since that age and never been told to grow up a bit.

AshRK

The least he can do is don’t give bad influence to McT, Dean, Axel, Gomes, Garner, Greenwood, Laird and etc.

Perform like top players first (Rio, Ronaldo & Beckham), then you can start do your brand. You won’t see players like Brown, O’shea, Fletcher do these type of stuffs.
He is already becoming a bad influence on Rashford. I don't have any hatred for the lad but he is sadly becoming a bad influence on many of our youngsters.

JoaquinJoaquin

I love a good pitchfork sale, but it is not Jesse Lindgard that made or posted this.

Jesse Lindgard and JLingz are not the same entity.

Jesse Lindgard has his own social media profiles.

JLingz is a company, a trademarked company that trades. It employs staff, Jesse is simply owner and figurehead. He does not do the actual work of the company.

The person that posted the image 100% included the logo since it was the company Jlingz that posted the tribute. "JLingz stands with the bombing victims" is the message here.

BUT AGAIN! Jlingz is NOT Jesse Lindgard, its a brand owned by Jesse Lindgard. The difference when you want to blame someone for being offensive, is enormous. But you know, its not even offensive. The company posted this image. I get that people can take offense to something like that, but if you look behind the immediate outrage the point is made clear in the image, it simply states who the message is from.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit and stop jumping to conclusions. Lindgard is not my favorite player but I don't especially enjoy public hangings either.
*Lingard

Aloysius's Back 3

Lingard has a bad influence on Rashford apparently.

Completely made up rubbish. Rashford went downhill because after his break through season playing under a possession based manager where all he had to do was position himself to score tap in goals - he became a kick and run winger under Jose Mourinho.

What that has to do with Lingard I have no idea. Rashford is still playing Jose's kick and run football in a now counter attacking team rather than keeping it simple. What that has to do with Lingards clothing company I have no idea, its not like Rashford is not trying even if he goes around dressing up like a Pimp from the 80s.

This threads a disaster

What's worse a mistake from your PR team

or

random internet personalities using this mistake to hate on a player they don't like, under the guise that they are offended at him disrespecting the victims when really it's just an excuse to have a go

Who's actually disrespecting victims here, I mean there's actually people saying, if it was good/better player they wouldn't really care and the like, the fecking irony

State of this place, seriously
State of that grammar.

JoaquinJoaquin

Lingard has a bad influence on Rashford apparently.

Completely made up rubbish. Rashford went downhill because after his break through season playing under a possession based manager where all he had to do was position himself to score tap in goals - he became a kick and run winger under Jose Mourinho.

What that has to do with Lingard I have no idea. Rashford is still playing Jose's kick and run football in a now counter attacking team rather than keeping it simple. What that has to do with Lingards clothing company I have no idea, its not like Rashford is not trying even if he goes around dressing up like a Pimp from the 80s.
Rashford's attitude has been shocking for months. Complete arrogance and a lack of effort. Unless you are in the changing room you have no idea of who is a good and bad influence.

Jeffthered

Cannot stand him. Stands for all that is wrong and has gone wrong at Manchester United FC.

Get rid. He's a totally average player anyway, great for England against second-rate teams, in second-rate 'competitions'.

RedDevil@84

Don't other businesses post condolences and respects? Why shouldn't his brand do the same?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I can't believe this lad has a clothing company, I find this shit embarrassing for him and for us.
He must have one hell of an ego to pull this off.

He is a very average footballer with an incredible amount of luck on his side. Probably one of the luckiest players I have ever seen. Coming through the youth system of literally the only big club in the world where he would have made it and at a time when we are so incredibly short of talent.

Who does he expect to buy these clothes? I'd imagine they are not cheap, surely they are not aimed at adults? Are you willing to walk round with a jlingz logo on your top? Or the logo of any footballer? Nothing wrong with having a bit of a life away from football but designing clothes for teenage boys who only wear them because they support the team that you occasionally play well for is shameful. He doesn't need the money or the attention. We used to have a cracking word for lads like him but we're not allowed to use it anymore haha.

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford's attitude has been shocking for months. Complete arrogance and a lack of effort. Unless you are in the changing room you have no idea of who is a good and bad influence.
Okay then il take your word for it.

All I have seen is a player that is playing and trying to lead the line through an injury especially the lady couple months under Ole when everyone got injured.

Rashford looks frustrated but I don't see anything wrong with him not trying.

King_Cantona07

rashford and lingard are hanging a lot these days, can see the attitude rubbing off on rashford who was very hard working when he started. Rashford now thinks he is ronaldo and is ruining his own qualities. Lingard should be sold if quality replacements are available for sake of team

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He promoted that Jlingz whatever occasion he could do, including on the field during games. So I'm surprised people can't (or don't want to) see why people find this related to Lingard.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ironically his brand will suffer if he'll keep playing like that and I don't wish him ill.

Critique addressing his form and pitch attitude is not hate, all supporters want is some proper football on the pitch.

JoaquinJoaquin

But you do have an idea about who is arrogant and not putting an effort in?
Well that can be seen from the stands yes, unlike being in the changing room which only the playing squad get the privilege. I've watched Rashford strut around while huffing and puffing at everything and everyone for the last few months while at OT, which is a stark contrast to when Ole first took charge and he was running everywhere.

TRUERED89

Might want to take another gander at what he said.
He's saying we don't know who's a good/bad influence, then says Rashford is arrogant. If we don't know factually who's influencing who then how can he be certain Rashford is arrogant and not trying? Not trying isn't the issue, lack of quality and possibly carrying a niggling injury is more likely.

hungrywing

He's saying we don't know who's a good/bad influence, then says Rashford is arrogant. If we don't know factually who's influencing who then how can he be certain Rashford is arrogant and not trying? Not trying isn't the issue, lack of quality and possibly carrying a niggling injury is more likely.
The good/bad influence part in his post was specifically in response to someone else claiming they knew who was a good/bad influence.

So while we might disagree with him on Rashford's attitude, he wasn't saying that Rashford is a good/bad influence. That part was separate. Hence he wasn't contradicting himself. That's all. Just that he wasn't contradicting himself.

I've heard the 'Rashford's been carrying a knock for months' stories too and have wondered about them.

Saffron

I can’t ever imagine someone waking up in the morning and thinking “I really wanna buy something from Jessie lingard’s new brand”.
Even Zlatan had to shut down his clothing line after heavy losses.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Lingard is hemhorraging big money on his brand and is giving it life support with his football money because of a deluded belief that his star power is so great that it will turn a profit soon.