Lingard signs new £100k 4 year contract (Sky) | Official: Option to extend for a further year

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need an rvn

Not that much these days tbh.
it is for a squad player....and considering Alexis Sanches is currently on £140k a week and arguably a "world class" player

edit: the only positive is that we'd have to pay around £10m to replace him and pay that player £60k, hence the additional £40K (or £2m a year) is worth the punt in case he does develop into a better player..but at 24 I doubt it

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I think he is below the squad-standard we should have, but I suppose it's fair to say that we have more troubling positions in the main eleven that needs sorting before the squaddies needs upgrading, so I suppose I'm not against this, even though i find the rumored wages to be laughably high.
Fair enough, a player that divides opinions a lot, and I can see why.

OL29

It's not our money.

To all those who say he is only average, does that mean you sit in your chair motionless when he scores a vital goal or makes a vital assist ?

Sometimes I wonder who is on the end of these posts....
Your username just gave me a real laugh :lol:

Minimalist

100k doesn't get you much these days does it?

To be fair the likes of Theo Walcott get away with it too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
100k doesn't get you much these days does it?

To be fair the likes of Theo Walcott get away with it too.
Depends on the club. When we pay a player 100k, its roughly the same as paying the same player 50-70k at another big club. We simply pay our footballers more and that will continue to rise in the future.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It's not our money.

To all those who say he is only average, does that mean you sit in your chair motionless when he scores a vital goal or makes a vital assist ?

Sometimes I wonder who is on the end of these posts....
I struggle to understand how you came up with this sentence.
Celebrating when a player scores is different to wanting better players.
We all celebrate when Fellaini scores, but most of us want a better midfielder than him to play.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
His league stats are terrible

Lingard 15/16
Goal every 409 mins
Assist every 1635 mins

Lingard 16/17
Goal every 938 mins
Assist every 466 mins

AndyJ1985

£100k for a "decent squad player"

We have more money than sense. No wonder we're the second most valuable squad in the world but still mediocre.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Lingard 15/16
Goal every 409 mins
Assist every 1635 mins

Lingard 16/17
Goal every 938 mins
Assist every 466 mins
This is brilliant. Have you ever considered offering your services to clubs during contract negotiations ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why are you acting so bitter against people who have different opinions?
I'm not bitter. Just exposing the absurdity and desperation some people have in assassinating one of our own players who has given his entire football life to this club.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Lingard 15/16
Goal every 409 mins
Assist every 1635 mins

Lingard 16/17
Goal every 938 mins
Assist every 466 mins
This is brilliant. Have you ever considered offering your services to clubs during contract negotiations ?
He's pretty good at it and will only get better. I'd prefer we invested in a local lad who has been at the club since he was a little kid and who will only improve exponentially as he enters his prime career years over some battery operated pinball.
Maybe you should, I don't see this improvement

Not sure what your problem is with someone posting some stats

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Lingard 15/16
Goal every 409 mins
Assist every 1635 mins

Lingard 16/17
Goal every 938 mins
Assist every 466 mins
In all competitions he's not been much worse than other players in his positions though.

A goal or an assist every...

Mkhitaryan 145 minutes
Mata 151 minutes
Lingard 184 minutes
Martial 144 minutes
Rashford 225 minutes

Devil may care

It's bizarre seeing people trying to justify paying these kind of wages to a player that should barely get a game in a United squad that was as at the level a United squad should be at, it's a watershed moment for how far standards have dropped at the club.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Why are we paying so much to a squad player when he would get less at any other club?? Idiocy.

meninred

It shows we are willing to digress further by adding contract extensions to the likes of fellani and lingaard

Devil may care

I'm not bitter. Just exposing the absurdity and desperation some people have in assassinating one of our own players who has given his entire football life to this club.
You're not exposing anything, people are right to think this is stupid, come on, it's not a fecking Lifetime movie sob story, he's given his life? no, the club has given him a chance at a better life, don't get it twisted.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're not exposing anything, people are right to think this is stupid, come on, it's not a fecking Lifetime movie sob story, he's given his life? no, the club has given him a chance at a better life, don't get it twisted.
Yeah call me odd, but I just don't get the obsession with negativity and moaning about Lingard. It's like a self reinforcing groupthink among lobotomized sheep. If the club are extending him and giving him a raise, then we should be happy for him and move to to other areas where we are likely to buy players in the transfer forum.

Red Viking

Well i can see Lingard sticking around for ages like Young on that kind of wage. We need new contract negotiators at this club because it seems like we go full in at round 1.

Devil may care

Yeah call me odd, but I just don't get the obsession with negativity and moaning about Lingard. It's like a self reinforcing groupthink among lobotomized sheep. If the club are extending him and giving him a raise, then we should be happy for him and move to to other areas where we are likely to buy players in the transfer forum.
It's funny you use the term sheep yet what you are preaching here is pure sheep mentality.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And why must that continue all the time? Time to put the brakes on when it comes to mediocre players.
We pay more than other clubs because we make more money and can. For example, we pay about 50% more than Arsenal, so it stands to reason that our squad players get paid more despite not being perceived to be better than theirs.

mu4c_20le

£100k a week for an bang average player who isn't good enough. Jesus Christ.

Can anyone put me in touch with Lingard's agent? I need to meet this miracle worker.
Here's the thing though, the manager disagrees. The same manager that most of you are standing firmly behind. He is the one who watches them train, and clearly he likes what he sees in Jesse. Forget about the money for a sec, most people seem to think he should be on 70-80k,and that is subjective, but the point is we are not exactly overflowing with wide men anyways. I'd be more riled if Fellaini was given a pay rise. Jesse has a future at the club, no point in moaning about his salary when our wage structure was broken long ago.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We pay more than other clubs because we make more money and can. For example, we pay about 50% more than Arsenal, so it stands to reason that our squad players get paid more despite not being perceived to be better than theirs.
I don't think that stands to reason at all. Just because we have more money doesn't mean we should be throwing it away.

Devil may care

I'm the outlier here. The sheep are the ones hellbent on having a go at one of our own.
Don't start the corny one of our own thing man, I care about Manchester United, players come and go, academy or otherwise, and just because your shepherd is Jose doesn't make you less of a sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.