Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Hester_manc

I see Rice as an overrated player. He is not bad, but quite ordinary. I can not see at all how he should strengthen us.

Therefore, I also can not understand if we should be interested in an exchange between Lingard and Rice. I will rather giver James Gardner a chance next season.

I'm not surprised Lingard is good for West Ham. But I'm surprised he's SO good. There must be some considerations that Solskjær must have made before he sells Lingard on. As Lingard plays now, he's better than Greenwood.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was an easy target, I was always amazed at how many were so quick to forget that purple patch he had under Jose, that all the managers post Fergie wanted him in the team, and the fact he had known off the field issues which clearly played a part.
Sheep who all just follow each other, banter and freak out if you don’t agree. Like (very very young) school children on computers! :lol:

mu4c_20le

Really happy for him, but I hate all these "you were wrong about him" posts, lots of people were talking what they were seeing at the time, it is easy to be Captain Hindsight.
Better hindsight than near sighted. The problem with those fans is that they can't see past the last 2-3 matches.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Really happy for him, but I hate all these "you were wrong about him" posts, lots of people were talking what they were seeing at the time, it is easy to be Captain Hindsight.
Yeap. I hate it when people slag off the players and then have the cheek to say '' I will eat crow' or ''I hope he proves me wrong.''

Falcow

Funniest of all are the many morons on here who were calling the club idiots for extending his contract by a year.

UpWithRivers

The one excuse Ill give Lingard is that he was pushed to the right for many games for us. He plays much better as a 10.

justsomebloke

I see Rice as an overrated player. He is not bad, but quite ordinary. I can not see at all how he should strengthen us.

Therefore, I also can not understand if we should be interested in an exchange between Lingard and Rice. I will rather giver James Gardner a chance next season.

I'm not surprised Lingard is good for West Ham. But I'm surprised he's SO good. There must be some considerations that Solskjær must have made before he sells Lingard on. As Lingard plays now, he's better than Greenwood.
Okay...you don't think there's a reason Declan Rice plays for England and James Garner plays for Nottingham Forest?

Ali Dia

What I don’t get is the overating of some of our academy players. People will argue to the last word that they are way better than they currently are but they get to a certain age or fall just short of being the requisite quality and then it’s absolutely open season until they are driven out. People can’t see the double standard there at all. Same people calling whoever world class were saying Jesse is championship level. If that’s you then please realise that you don’t have a clue about football and you should stop spouting your views as gospel at every single juncture. You’re basically just regurgitating what other people are saying around you in the echo chamber and feeding off each other’s stupidity

Last edited:

evil_geko

You walked into it tbf...
No man, that was just proving the point. They also cherry pick with "2, 3 games", he was underwhelming A LOT more than 2, 3 games, and I am also not talking about insulting player like an idiot, those are not considered criticism.

Lots of:

"lots of people were talking about what they were seeing at the time" not sure if you meant this as a justification, but you actually listed out the problem right here.
When I say "at the time" I don't mean, 2, 3 games, I mean long period of time being "at the time".

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Therefore, I also can not understand if we should be interested in an exchange between Lingard and Rice.

As Lingard is playing right now, he's one of the best players on the planet.

The question is how good he will actually be over an extended period of time going forward. And I think we've seen enough of him to know that while he is a good player (and not a championship level player some idiots were deriding him as) he isn't actually good enough to be starting for a side with title aspirations, or even a particularly outstanding squad player. Or suited to playing against the sort of low-block sides we regularly encounter.

We would be interested in swapping Lingard for Rice because in the long run there is zero question that Rice would be more valuable for us. He's a 22 year old who will move to a top side to be a regular starter at some point, whereas Lingard is a 28 year old who would be a squad player at a top side. If we wanted Rice (and it is an if) then Lingard's value being artificially inflated by a purple patch of form makes the deal that much more viable.

Woodenlung

Finally fulfilling his potential. He is peaking, bring him back and start him
Where do you start him though?

Lingard is not going to play as a 10 ahead of Bruno and we already know that he's ineffective out wide. There simply isn't a place for him in the side.

We're better off selling.

sglowrider

What I don’t get is the overating of some of our academy players. People will argue to the last word that they are way better than they currently are but they get to a certain age or fall just short of being the requisite quality and then it’s absolutely open season until they are driven out. People can’t see the double standard there at all. Same people calling whoever world class were saying Jesse is championship level. If that’s you then please realise that you don’t have a clue about football and you should stop spouting your views as gospel at every single juncture. You’re basically just regurgitating what other people are saying around you in the echo chamber.
A bit rich for someone called Ali Dia!! :lol: :lol:

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think bringing back Lingard would be the biggest mistake. I'm not familiar with his contract situation, but I would immediately try and see what kind of value I can get for him. Anything close to 50m and it's a smashing success. Bringing him here can potentially bring down his value as he struggles to find his West Ham form for United.

Ali Dia

Lingard is not going to play as a 10 ahead of Bruno and we already know that he's ineffective out wide. There simply isn't a place for him in the side.

Bruno looks like he needs a few weeks off.

Jesse > VDB (at the time of writing, VDB will come good I’m fairly confident)

I’d still sell because he’s going to get big money and it fell into our lap. We wouldn’t be loaning him at 28 if we were planning with him. He should be playing every week.
A bit rich for someone called Ali Dia!! :lol: :lol:

Otherwise, I agree with you.
Plot twist. I am actually Ali Dia. :)

mu4c_20le

When I say "at the time" I don't mean, 2, 3 games, I mean long period of time being "at the time".
Ok, let me rephrase my post so that it sounds less adversarial. I'm not intending this to be a me vs you thing, rather I see this as situation that we see differently. My point is that if people were less myopic, less emotional and are able to see the bigger picture without resorting to extreme opinions, we'd have far less captain hindsights right now, if any at all. Let's not pretend that the criticism for Lingard was anything normal. There were people that genuinely hated him and at times felt really personal for some reason.

sglowrider

Bruno looks like he needs a few weeks off.

Jesse > VDB

I’d still sell because he’s going to get big money and it fell into our lap. We wouldn’t be loaning him at 28 if we were planning with him. He should be playing every week.

Plot twist. I am actually Ali Dia. :)
:)

davidmichael

1. How Rice would improve us is the fact that despite what numerous people seem to post about McTominay or Fred we don’t have a pure out and out defensive midfielder outside of Matic who’s legs went years ago, Rice would allow us to play Fernandes and Pogba together in the same team which would boost creativity which we desperately need seeing as teams play a heavy low block against us.

2. Garner is on loan at Nottingham Forest to get experience, he’s nowhere near ready hence why no Premier League clubs came in for him to loan.

3. That’s exactly the reason Lingard was where he was for us as he is NOT a winger or wide player, he’s a support striker/10 or a false 9 and as seen for West Ham he’s MUCH better centrally so bringing him back to throw him wide is more of the same from before and Lingard being pointless for us on the pitch.

The Original

Bruno to start most games against the weaker and middle teams and Jesse to start against bigger teams and cup games.

Redlyn

I think bringing back Lingard would be the biggest mistake. I'm not familiar with his contract situation, but I would immediately try and see what kind of value I can get for him. Anything close to 50m and it's a smashing success. Bringing him here can potentially bring down his value as he struggles to find his West Ham form for United.
No one is paying that given his contract situation. The level is around 30m I imagine.

Ali Dia

1. How Rice would improve us is the fact that despite what numerous people seem to post about McTominay or Fred we don’t have a pure out and out defensive midfielder outside of Matic who’s legs went years ago, Rice would allow us to play Fernandes and Pogba together in the same team which would boost creativity which we desperately need seeing as teams play a heavy low block against us.

2. Garner is on loan at Nottingham Forest to get experience, he’s nowhere near ready hence why no Premier League clubs came in for him to loan.

3. That’s exactly the reason Lingard was where he was for us as he is NOT a winger or wide player, he’s a support striker/10 or a false 9 and as seen for West Ham he’s MUCH better centrally so bringing him back to throw him wide is more of the same from before and Lingard being pointless for us on the pitch.
The reason we don’t do well against the low block teams isn’t because we don’t have a DM. Playing Bruno and Pogba isn’t the only answer. Most of the problem is actually in our forwards and the positions they take up, their use of the ball and how they compliment each other (or not) All of our play is out in front and Pogba and Bruno only further add to that dynamic. We need a lot more variation than just give it to Pogba Bruno or Rashford and see what they can do. I would argue that slows us down and makes us far more predictable. A Dm no matter how expensive would just be standing on watching all this happen ahead of him

Last edited:

evil_geko

Ok, let me rephrase my post so that it sounds less adversarial. I'm not intending this to be a me vs you thing, rather I see this as situation that we see differently. My point is that if people were less myopic, less emotional and are able to see the bigger picture without resorting to extreme opinions, we'd have far less captain hindsights right now, if any at all. Let's not pretend that the criticism for Lingard was anything normal. There were people that genuinely hated him and at times felt really personal for some reason.
There we agree, those are situations I don't defend, I wasn't talking about hating and abusing players.

GMoore23

Finally fulfilling his potential. He's going to carry England to Euro Champions and will then be nailed on for his first Ballon D'or. Well done lad.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No one is paying that given his contract situation. The level is around 30m I imagine.
If he's on his last year, makes sense but 30m would be a really good deal, would you take it?

MinGin

Finally he find a club who suited him, so glad of him, but i do think we should sell him if West Ham want.
We do not have that much space for him to run as West Ham has. I do not think he is suited to play against low block team which the tactic of most team set against us.

predator

Youth NITK
If any board is capable of mishandling this situation with Lingard then it is ours.

I'm expecting a £20million fee with a few bonuses.