g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lionel Messi - Performances

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For the first time ever I think he could do with a move away.
Only so many times you can raise your game for a path thats been trodden many times.
New teammates, new mentality, new style of play and a new experience in a foreign land.
No one can pay the fee Barca would ask. He's pretty much bigger than life in Barcelona.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
United can afford him. His release clause is 250 million.
For a 29 years old player? Would be not only bad management but financial suicide, his wages would be from another world. We don't even know if he would be a top player when he hits the 30's, some players decline really fast soon they reach the over the hill age of footballers.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
For a 29 years old player? Would be not only bad management but financial suicide, his wages would be from another world. We don't even know if he would be a top player when he hits the 30's, some players decline really fast soon they reach the over the hill age of footballers.
United could still afford him.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Such an overreaction :lol:

He's out of form but was still Barca's only attacking threat, and was 10x better than Neymar and Suarez.

Messi is far from finished and will definitely win another Balon D'Or or two before he retires.

Treble

He'll be back. He can't dribble as well as he did in the past but still has a lot of tools to hurt the opposition.

RedDevil@84

Can't Messi take an off and play only the knock outs in the Copa. It is not like it is the real Copa this time around. It is more of a show off version.
Brazil and Argentina could use this tournament as a practice match for their U21 team which will go to the Olympics.

IFC 1905

You understand that his left foot is better than you having 8 feet right?

It's also cool to see which against teams he scored the most (Atletico, Sevilla, Real Madrid)

And it doesn't say it but I bet he has a good percentage of openers & winners than goals "to decorate and take your shirt off showing your muscles"

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
if i had 8 feet i'd be in the circus, making the kind of money messi could only dream of, even if i paid tax.

IFC 1905

Yeah Madrid at the Bernabeu, very weak (game was settled before Messi even came on).
So Messi was injured and missed just one match in 3 months? Cool.

I posted here the list of teams Barceona faced during the time messi was injured. They all were weak except for Sevilla (and they lost against them).

Then they won against Madrid who wasn't the strongest team in the world back then, with the players trying to fire Benitez.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
My God, could watch his compilations all day long :drool:

I loved and adored brazilian Ronaldo (and still do), but injuries took the best out of him so there will always be 'what if' when he's in question. With Messi there's no 'what if', he's just best ever without any questions. And still so young which means we'll enjoy his football for years to come! :D

clarkydaz

its insane the amount of nutmegs he does. So much its kind of standard turning away from a defender and you actually don't even notice it anymore

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
its insane the amount of nutmegs he does. So much its kind of standard turning away from a defender and you actually don't even notice it anymore
Messi has a bizarre sense of when someone's legs are open. I swear he nutmegs somebody every game.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Wonderful performance in the Copa America last night, 3 goals and an assist in 30 mins of being subbed in.

Yet another wonderful free kick.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
love the new look, there is only one Messi with beard though....

Deleted member 101472

Never forget the first time I saw him play live ... Because it's one of his worst performances in a Barcelona shirt . Finished 0-0 against Sevilla and messi missed a penalty in the 94th minute :mad:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No, no, don't state the obvious. Let's pretend it was a World Cup final and Messi has just made his Argentina career less shit.
His Argentina career was never shit. Now, your posting on the other hand..

Newbie system is failing it seems.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
His Argentina career was never shit. Now, your posting on the other hand..

Newbie system is failing it seems.
Laughable ain't it? What's funny is it's nothing compared to the dross he spouted in the newbie forum. He's a Barcelona hater and spends time at his work watching 'Barcelona training how to dive' videos....