g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

PSG signing Messi, Donnarumma and Ramos all on free this summer is ridiculous.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It’s going to City and PSG who are favorites for the Champions league and they will both find a way to bottle it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The most underwhelming part about this is Messi ending up in the French League. PSG is a stacked team right now but I'd rather him join Manchester City just to watch him in the Premier League, even Bundesliga would be something more entertaining.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The most underwhelming part about this is Messi ending up in the French League. PSG is a stacked team right now but I'd rather him join Manchester City just to watch him in the Premier League, even Bundesliga would be something more entertaining.
I doubt Pep can stand the fact that he can only win CL with Messi in the team. My guess is he would like to prove people wrong.

el3mel

Pretty sure they signed up Ramos, Donnaruma and Messi (potentially) just because they became available.
True but it's just funny how they ended up having such summer without spending any cash to sign such 3 huge names.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Ramos called Messi. What the hell is going on ^^ This wolrd is going mad.

roseguy64

I saw a video from ESPN on YouTube which said all this is just a power play from Barca given the investment coming in to LaLiga.

All the “experts” in the panel said come Sep1, Messi would be playing for Barcelona.
Yeah they're all in denial

el3mel

Trust me - they’ve spent shit tons to get them it just hasn’t gone to a club.
I don't disagree that they're going to pay ton of wages for these players. Not paying any money for their clubs to get them is funny though.

Stacks

I actually don't think we will. It'll be spectacular for sure but defensively, it could be terrible.
They signed Wijnaldum, Donarama, Ramos, have Marquinso Kimpembe, Gueye, they'll be fine.
Weird thing is that this move makes both the leagues less attractive to the neutral
Indeed. Won't be watching La Liga unless its free
Has Covid also infected and killed FFP rules?
The rules were vaccinated.
That was my question - how does it hurt his legacy? The standard parameters for legacy were goals, assists, trophies, creativity, longevity, impact, etc. The overwhelming majority of fans (including Barca) will not believe he has 'tarnished' his legacy of winning 30% of all of Barca's trophies and scoring 10% of Barca's entire goals in their history.

Firstly they weren't as obscenely talented and even remotely as productive in goals and assists.
Secondly what amount of income is considered obscene? Above $10 million annually? Why not above $0.5 million annually? Would you feel ashamed of yourself and reject a salary of $0.5 million annually?

Why is it good character to be "of one organization forever"? Most people (especially millennials) work in 3-4 companies across their lifetime. Many of them end up as high earners. Are they of bad character too?
No but Raul wanted to stay forever.
The French league with PSG is hardly a challenge.
Lille just won the league and PSG lost 8 times.
Sounds crazy as a United fan but I kinda agree. Would have loved to hear him on MOTD
I doubt Pep can stand the fact that he can only win CL with Messi in the team. My guess is he would like to prove people wrong.
He really doesn't give a toss mate. You think managers think the same as fans on forums?

GoldanoGraham

the term ‘Free Transfer’ makes you laugh……should be Agents Transfer - the signing on fee, agents fee, bonus fee, loyalty fee, bullocks fee - there is no difference once the final package is calculated - the only winner is the player and agent…..PSG is no more than a whore house…..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Greatest transfer window in the club's history by far, it's just absolutely ridiculous if they pull off the Messi signing. The wheels may come off in a couple of seasons, but who cares? It's worth seeing how this obscene spectacle is going to unfold.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
the term ‘Free Transfer’ makes you laugh……should be Agents Transfer - the signing on fee, agents fee, bonus fee, loyalty fee, bullocks fee - there is no difference once the final package is calculated - the only winner is the player and agent…..PSG is no more than a whore house…..
That's exagerated. Your point isn't that off but there's no way getting Donnarumma for free even with big side fees amount to what we'd have paid had we bought him from a club.

UncleBob

Greatest transfer window in the club's history by far, it's just absolutely ridiculous if they pull off the Messi signing. The wheels may come off in a couple of seasons, but who cares? It's worth seeing how this obscene spectacle is going to unfold.
How so?

el3mel

There's actually a difference though. They saved the money paid for their clubs as well which would have been ton of money in case of Donnarumma and Messi.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That attack is going to be like taking a battle tank to a water balloon fight in Ligue 1.

Neymar Mbappe Messi, damn! Too bad their midfield is full of water carriers outside of Verratti like Wijnaldum, Gueye, Diallo and Herrera.

bakalhau

This... I'll be very sad because I think it's a done deal for PSG and it's just.... Well, not worst case scenario for my ideas personally, but the French league level... Messi will just stomp every team and while that'll be a spectacle, I was dying to see him in the Premier League. Sure, he's not peak Messi, but he's still as world class as they get, and I would absolutely love to see him have a go with the English...

Rolaholic

The amount of wishful thinking and hoping PSG fail is funny :lol:

They'll be racking up trophies like it's no one's business these next 2-3 seasons

Fergie's Assist

Messi, Neymer, Mbappe, Donnarumma
Ramos, Di Maria.

Even Zlatan would struggle to shine in that team. A scary line up indeed.

Eddy_JukeZ

They'll be racking up trophies like it's no one's business these next 2-3 seasons
I mean even MSN only won 1 CL title and that trio had better synergy + it had a younger and arguable peak Messi.

I don't necessarily think it's a given PSG win the CL.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Because so far PSG (or any club for that matter) has shown that having 3 ridiculously well-paid players works in winning the biggest titles, and FFP will become stricter after this summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's repercussions to signing players to crazy wages like Donnarumma, Messi, Neymar, and maybe Mbappe. I just don't see how it's financially feasible unless the new Ligue 1 TV rights deal gets an unprecedented boost with Messi's potential arrival.

I don't necessarily think it's a given PSG win the CL.
It never is, my man. :(

Rolaholic

The farewells have begun

Barca seem quite deep into this ploy/leverage play don't they...

UncleBob

Because so far PSG (or any club for that matter) has shown that having 3 ridiculously well-paid players works in winning the biggest titles, and FFP will become stricter after this summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's repercussions to signing players to crazy wages like Donnarumma, Messi, Neymar, and maybe Mbappe. I just don't see how it's financially feasible unless the new Ligue 1 TV rights deal gets an unprecedented boost with Messi's potential arrival.
How so?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Your guess is as good as mine, all I know is they have "relaxed" the rules for this year, whatever that means it's allowing PSG to go ham on the transfer window. I suspect the revisions to FFP once they unrelax will catch up to them, and I couldn't care less...I want to see Messi vs Angers. :lol:

Welbeckham

It’s a team sport. They have by far the best squad they’ve ever had but still the best PL teams can potentially outplay them in CL. Plus there is no quarantee for the fitness of the likes of Ramos, Neymar and Verratti.

Wow. Would he accept 400kpw for 2 years?
£200k p/w plus £70m signing on fee will give him equivalent wages of £880k p/w over 2 years.

Would actually make sense for most top clubs, won’t break their wage structure and sining on fee = ok transfer fee . For comparison City signed Graelish for £100m plus £200k p/w plus who knows how many million signing on fee and agent fee.

UncleBob

Your guess is as good as mine, all I know is they have "relaxed" the rules for this year, whatever that means it's allowing PSG to go ham on the transfer window. I suspect the revisions to FFP once they unrelax will catch up to them, and I couldn't care less...I want to see Messi vs Angers. :lol:
Isn't FFP pretty much dead

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Isn't FFP pretty much dead
FFP is the reason Messi is leaving Barcelona in the first place, well that coupled with the Bartomeu board's criminal handling of Barca's finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.