----Ronaldo------Griezmann----Neymar
---------------------------------------------
----------Pogba-----------Modric---------
---------------------------------------------
Fixed that for you

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Yep. He's been hiding from the true competition that is Premier League his entire career.
Messi has been eating English clubs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner his entire career.

Unless you've never heard of the Champions League.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I wonder how much money he would make in China. The numbers must be mouth water for Messi. Legend status or one of the richest men alive?

Oaencha

I wonder how much money he would make in China. The numbers must be mouth water for Messi. Legend status or one of the richest men alive?
Unless he gets a multi-billion pound contract he is going to be nowhere near the richest men alive. Realistically I could imagine him being offered between £2.5m - £5m a week.

KN5

I never said move there now.
I meant in a few years when's he's in his 30's and possibly a bit slower in his reflexes.
I can see it when he's over 32 unless he has some insane decline like Rooney and shits the bed before then, don't see it but yeah I agree, he could maybe go back after the contract he's negotiating now.

Castia

Not sure if City would interest him but I can see them throwing all sorts of money his way.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Being an LA native, I can tell you that you're correct and incorrect here.

You are incorrect regarding Kroenke's move being financed by the cith of Los Angeles. The city of Los Angeles didn't pay a dime to get the Rams. Nor are the city of Los Angeles (or the city of Inglewood, where the new stadium will be located) giving money to Kroenke for his new stadium. The NFL itself is helping out a bit with the stadium and there might be a few tax breaks for it from Inglewood. But the majority of the money itself is coming out of Kroenke's own pockets.

As a matter of fact, the last publically financed stadium in Los Angeles was the old Sports Arena, built in 1960. Every other arena built in LA (Dodger Stadium, The Forum, Staples Center, Galen Center, Pauley Pavillion) has been built either entirely with private money or, as was the case with Staples Center, a combination of private money plus a loan from the city which had to be paid back in relatively short order and with interest.

However, despite the large fine he had to pay for relocating his team from St. Louis to Los Angeles, you are correct that Kroenke stands to make far more revenues in LA than in St. Louis. The value of the Rams nearly doubled just from the move alone.

Moreover, there is no reason for Kroenke to "invest" in the Rams because the operating costs are already taken care of ahead of time. Operating costs in the NFL are controlled. There is a salary cap and player wages are covered from TV contract money distribution + league-wide revenue sharing. So before a ticket is sold, the team is going to break even at the very least. No team in the NFL loses money because of this setup.

This is most definitely different from Arsenal where he actually should be investing in the team.

And now back to Messi talk.
Top post, thanks

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't think Neymar and Modric are interested in joining us :wenger:
Apparently, according to a Croatian friend of mine, it's widely known there that Modric's dream was to play for United.

lewwoo

I don't think he'd leave barca for us but it's always fun to wind up their fans on here. They get so defensive and precious over messi. :lol:

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This is why it's massively complicated, you are getting lost with the very first and basic instance of it. I literally give up, if you think they sign basic employment contracts like we all do, then cool. But they really really don't.
These are their direct contracts with Barca - they're employees and they pay income tax. Barca pay the tax and generally the Spanish press quote the payment net of tax. The only room they've got for manoeuvre is that a maximum of 15% of the wage can be paid to an image rights company. So to give Messi the €20m or so that he's currently on costs Barca around €40m/year.

The UK tax position is way more complex, especially for foreign nationals, because some of the rules about image rights etc, aren't so clear cut and the "non-dom" tax regime can lead to some pretty fancy financial magic tricks being attempted.

But for Barca and Madrid those numbers giorno was talking about, are more or less how it is. Some players details have even been confirmed in those football WikiLeaks.

ravi2

Apparently, according to a Croatian friend of mine, it's widely known there that Modric's dream was to play for United.
I don't know about that, I thought he had his heart set on Madrid?

SAF always said that modric was the closest thing out there to scholes...if he wanted us and we wanted him then it's a shame we never pushed the boat out for him.

El Zoido

Linked to City again today.

Not sure why he'd blemish his career by going there but I suspect it's just part of negotiating his new Barcelona contract.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I would love him to play in England - it would be an absolute pleasure to see him in the Premiership. Wont happen though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday a periodist said in Spain that Barsa have offered 30m€ net.Messi didn't answer yet.
I think that he will renew when he knows the plans of the club to remain competitive.

Last edited:

::sonny::

Yesterday a periodist said in Spain that Barsa have offered 30m€ net.Messi didn't answer yet.
I think that he will renew when he knows the plans of the club to remain competitive.
They have been always competitive during their whole history

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Messi ever leaves Barca, it'll be when he's 36.

Ixion

I can see him leaving but late in his career, 34-35ish for some hugely over inflated figure. His wages are astronomical so at some point when he starts to decline it won't be worth it for Barca.

He'll probably retire at Barcelona. He's too competitive to waste his time at a money club in a lower league, and he's too concerned with his legacy to risk it by moving to another team in a big league.

He may decide to do a season somewhere nice to live like LA, but not until he's well past it.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I don't know about that, I thought he had his heart set on Madrid?

SAF always said that modric was the closest thing out there to scholes...if he wanted us and we wanted him then it's a shame we never pushed the boat out for him.
Always be careful about revisionism

MartialsBeard

:lol:

Doesnt he pretty much have an ongoing rivalry with Ronaldo for the Ballan D'Or? Doesnt the calibre of player in the top contention for that usually have to play for a Champions League top team?.....

Looks at table and results....

nah

Pavl3n

He will leave Barca between the age 33-36 and will sign a massive contract in China for one or two years and then will move for free to finish his career in Argentina.
The only other place I could see him play in Europe is City - May be because of Guardiola.
But it's a really long shot.

Mr Smith

I've always felt we would have signed him if Levy hadn't vowed not to do business with us after the Berbatov debacle.

Pavl3n

@marukomu Well, not to argue your point, but people know who they are. In today's age it doesn't take too long to learn who is who. It's more of statement of intent.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
@marukomu Well, not to argue your point, but people know who they are. In today's age it doesn't take too long to learn who is who. It's more of statement of intent.
They're still not a household name, though. Nobody I talk to in Japan know about them.
Mike Tyson doesn't either. Buying Messi would put them on the map, even if he was past it.

Pavl3n

They're still not a household name, though. Nobody I talk to in Japan know about them.
Mike Tyson doesn't either. Buying Messi would put them on the map, even if he was past it.
Well, from that point of view - yes. I remember when Chicago Fire signed Stoichkov, no one knew them back in Bulgaria.
What I meant is in the world of football - people who follow regularly or even only watch the odd match highlights City is well known. If they want to expand their brand then yes, it will make them more popular and better known throughout.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Well, from that point of view - yes. I remember when Chicago Fire signed Stoichkov, no one knew them back in Bulgaria.
What I meant is in the world of football - people who follow regularly or even only watch the odd match highlights City is well known. If they want to expand their brand then yes, it will make them more popular and better known throughout.
People know who they are but couldn't care less about them. I've seen more Everton shirts where I am than city shirts(a grand total of 1). Whereas you see a ton of United, Chelsea and Liverpool shirts. Buying Messi changes all that. I don't see it happening though

Pavl3n

People know who they are but couldn't care less about them. I've seen more Everton shirts where I am than city shirts(a grand total of 1). Whereas you see a ton of United, Chelsea and Liverpool shirts. Buying Messi changes all that. I don't see it happening though
Totally agree.
I don't see it happening either. I was thinking if he ever moves away from Barca, City would be the place he ends up.

RedMaestro

Totally agree.
I don't see it happening either. I was thinking if he ever moves away from Barca, City would be the place he ends up.
I would think if he'd ever move (which I don't think) then it would either be Serie A or Argentina...