Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Scoring 4 and 5 against Arsenal and Stuttgart is easy though, every great player has scored 4 in the knockout stages of the Champions League....oh wait, nobody else has even ever scored 4. And only Di Stefano did it once in the classic style past the second round.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I brought him to United in PES2012, and the cnut wanted Berba's number, he said number 9 is special number for him. Imagine that.
:lol:

once he was at the tube and farted an ugly one, instead of admiting his paternity over the foul odor, he looked accusingly to a little girl

bastard

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Amazingly he's underrated. First we had the 'not as good as Ronaldo', now that's buried, we've got 'not as good as Maradona'.
There's no way he's underrated. Nostalgia will always lead to people holding players from past generations in higher regard, but that doesn't equate to Messi being underrated.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
After the match today:

Tw John Heitinga (Everton): "Mejores jugador del Mundo Messi! Best player in the World! #GrandeMessi #cincogoles" [@johnheitinga]

Tw Eden Hazard (Lille): "Is Messi the best player of all times?" [@hazardeden10] #fcblive

Dutt (coach Leverkusen): "Without Messi, Barcelona are still the best team in the world. But with him, they're from another galaxy" #fcblive

Dutt (coach Leverkusen): "Who has played football, knows there are no words for Messi. He's at his own level." #fcblive

Tw Owen (ManUtd): "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi."

Tw Falcao (Atletico Madrid): "Was this a CL game or was this Messi in a PlayStation game? Unstoppable!!" #fcblive [@falcao]

Tw Jack Wilshere (Arsenal): "Its a pleasure to watch this guy........MESSI" [@jackwilshere] #fcblive

Tw Wayne Rooney (Man United): "Messi is a joke. For me the best ever." [@waynerooney] #fcblive

Guardiola: "Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona... And I add Pele, otherwise he'll be angry." #fcblive

Lionel Messi: "5 goals? Nice, but the main thing was to qualify." #fcblive

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Jeez, constrain yourself people. Just because he scored 5 goals? Have ever heard of a little thing called luck!? He simply got the right socks and underwear. That's all.

Baxter

Any of you lot watching the documentary on him on ITV4 just now?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's hardly humble. He has everyone at Barcelona running around after him, sulks when he's not in the team and is, according to reports, obsessed with his own legacy.

He's just one of those people I can't bring myself to like.
Rooney sulks when he's not in a team and he's hailed for his love of the game at a fundamental level, Messi does it and he's a self-obsessed so and so. It is hard to believe that anyone would dislike him in any way if he was just your average footballer.

Sw33t

Anyone watching this thing on ITV4? Very good little documentary tbh. Only bad things are highlights of the 09 and 11 CL finals.... :(

Crustanoid

People need to stop buying into all the hype. Stats only play a part of a story. On another day it could have been Heskey (He actually scored 5 one time - in a pre-season friendly - against an under 8 girls team)

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Guardiola: "Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona...And I add Pele, otherwise he'll be angry." #fcblive

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Guardiola: "Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona...And I add Pele, otherwise he'll be angry." #fcblive
:lol: That's class in a classless fashion :lol:

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Messi isn't fit to lace the boots maradona.
I cannot possibly see how this could be true. I'm open to being corrected, but Messi is so good that I'm at a loss to understand how anyone could've been better than him to the extent that you could be justified in saying the above.

I mean, he's absolutely ridiculous. He's probably the best finisher in the world at the moment (finishing consisting of more than just shooting), the best dribbler, the most creative, has superb vision, he's amazing off the ball, he has perhaps the best technique of any footballer around and he never gets injured anymore. He's just the ultimate footballer. It's not like he just has one strength and a few other decent ones - everything he's good at, he's top notch at.

And the stats...'kin hell. Goal-scoring, assists, efficiency...

Gret, detareminearshun, pahshun...it's in the back of the net. He's brilliant.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I cannot possibly see how this could be true. I'm open to being corrected, but Messi is so good that I'm at a loss to understand how anyone could've been better than him to the extent that you could be justified in saying the above.

I mean, he's absolutely ridiculous. He's probably the best finisher in the world at the moment (finishing consisting of more than just shooting), the best dribbler, the most creative, has superb vision, he's amazing off the ball, he has perhaps the best technique of any footballer around and he never gets injured anymore. He's just the ultimate footballer. It's not like he just has one strength and a few other decent ones - everything he's good at, he's top notch at.

And the stats...'kin hell. Goal-scoring, assists, efficiency...

Gret, detareminearshun, pahshun...it's in the back of the net. He's brilliant.
If you haven't seen him, how can you be sure? (I haven't seen Maradona by the way)

For those who've watched Maradona, opinion is split either way, so it's not as clearcut as people are making out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.