Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Quite frankly he's the perfect player both on and off the field. While everyone deals with their bitchy, whinging players - Messi stays out of the media, doesn't go to strip clubs, stays away from fireworks, doesn't bash anyone, no fights about wages. He just puts his head down and crushes anyone in sight.

In a world of selfish, nihilistic players, it's funny how the best player in the world just let's his game do all the talking.

We'll be telling our great grand children about him.
What the feck is wrong with strip clubs? :confused:

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
He goes on to the field with a smile on his face. When he scores he carries on smiling. I don't think he is smug, just like a kid at the park who loves playing the game. Just so happens that he is a million times better than everyone else

Zen

When has he even been a cnut against Madrid? I hope were not talking like one tiny thing that nearly every footballer down to Sunday league does here.

Classy guy, great player.....but that in itself leads to hatred. Everyone whos that good and popular and genuinely seems down to earth will have their fair share or haters simply because, it's how it works and always will.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When has he even been a cnut against Madrid? I hope were not talking like one tiny thing that nearly every footballer down to Sunday league does here.

Classy guy, great player.....but that in itself leads to hatred. Everyone whos that good and popular and genuinely seems down to earth will have their fair share or haters simply because, it's how it works and always will.
He kicked the ball towards the crowd out of frustration once but not much was made about it.There's the usual card waving and eventual diving against them.
I'm singling him out though, the two teams turn into "cnutish mode" when they play the classico

reelworld

:lol:
He's too fecking good.It's not about the goals, his contribution to the overall play is unparalleled in today's football.He's out there on his own as the best player
Like others have said, he's perfect on and off the pitch. He's like the overachiever that we hate at school because he's making us look bad. It's almost annoying how good he is

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Sometimes you just let things happen. You don't analyse them, or explain them. That's what I should do with Messi after performances like these. You just can't put them into words. Too good.

Sw33t

I appreciate watching him play and I'll be telling my grandchildren about him but I just find him an insufferably smug little twat.
Wouldn't you be if you were that good? :lol:

I know I would

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's hardly humble. He has everyone at Barcelona running around after him, sulks when he's not in the team and is, according to reports, obsessed with his own legacy.

He's just one of those people I can't bring myself to like.
You really don't understand how barca play, don't you?

Zen

Maybe it's just me....but I don't see kicking a ball away out of frustration or the odd card waving against your biggest rival as remotely close as cnutish, even in football terms it's not even close...

And I also wouldn't take ITV commentators saying he sulks as any form of concrete proof of anything, he's probably upset when he is rarely rested as he should be, but he's happy in the stands every time and celebrates every goal(unlike other who HAVE sulked publicly).

Just unreal how little he has to do for someone to dislike him, but again, comes with that kind of popularity. Can't wait until he actually has a legit scandal like Tiger.

kouroux

Maybe it's just me....but I don't see kicking a ball away out of frustration or the odd card waving against your biggest rival as remotely close as cnutish, even in football terms it's not even close...

And I also wouldn't take ITV commentators saying he sulks as any form of concrete proof of anything, he's probably upset when he is rarely rested as he should be, but he's happy in the stands every time and celebrates every goal(unlike other who HAVE sulked publicly).

Just unreal how little he has to do for someone to dislike him, but again, comes with that kind of popularity. Can't wait until he actually has a legit scandal like Tiger.
Well if you were in the crowd and received the ball in the face maybe you'd be saying something else :lol:
Just saying that like every other person, he can be a cnut at times

Zen

Well if you were in the crowd and received the ball in the face maybe you'd be saying something else :lol:
Just saying that like every other person, he can be a cnut at times
Football fans really need to understand the word cnut.....it seems that it's now become the new term for ultra light frustration.

kouroux

Football fans really need to understand the word cnut.....it seems that it's now become the new term for ultra light frustration.
It wasn't ultra light frustration.It was like when Rio did it a few years ago.I don't mean to spoil the angelic image you have of him but there's been many times where I've seen him dive,feign injuries and basically cheat.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Messi is now in fourth place on the Champions League topscorers list with 49 goals. Only Thierry Henry (50), Ruud van Nistelrooy (56) and Raúl have scored more (71). and he is pnly 24 years old.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
As I said, there will be no individual record left when he retires.
People should honestly feel blessed to see him in his prime.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some people are really trying to find anything, something to use so they can not like him :lol: He's a phenomenal footballer who has always come across as humble. Even if he was the most arrogant little shit in the world, could you blame him? He's an absolutely marvelous player who will surely go down as the greatest ever to play the game. I don't know how anyone could not like him. Anyone who brings up the tiniest little faults is just nitpicking for some unknown reason. Someone was going on about his penalty record being poor the other day. Seriously? Why can't some people just sit back, enjoy and admire brilliance?

Crustanoid

I always get him mixed up with that other cnut...what's his name? Ah that's it: John Terry

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I brought him to United in PES2012, and the cnut wanted Berba's number, he said number 9 is special number for him. Imagine that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't like the way that many seem to be using anything they can to degrade Messi. Right, he may not be the perfect being, but nobody is. The fact is that in comparison to many footballers nowadays, and many of the others who are considered as the greatest, he is quite humble.

Perhaps he has taken the odd dive, perhaps he has been slightly sulky when not everything has gone the way he wants it to, but those dives are few and far between, and he generally always gets on with stuff. I've never really seen him sulk at all: certainly not on the pitch.

Zen

I now think of him on the same level as the cnuts of the universe, wife beaters, rapists, hitler, chavs.....thanks for ruining my angelic image of him RedCafe. You've killed the one hope I had in my life.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I enjoy watching him play, but am I the only one who finds the hyperbole nauseating? Or do I need to let go and wallow in the vomit?
I usually hate it when players are overhyped, but despite all of the terms that are used to describe him, I still don't dislike him for it, because the majority of them are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.