Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Who thinks Romero is good? It's like saying you think peak Messi is better than Jonjo Shelvey.
You think Romero isn't good? :lol:

I suspect he'll be chosen ahead of Martinez by Argentina...must be completely wank eh?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You think Romero isn't good? :lol:

I suspect he'll be chosen ahead of Martinez by Argentina...must be completely wank eh?
They don't even play the same side of defence, Otamendi is Martinez's direct competition. Romero competes with Pezzella.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a stocky little buggar isn't he? when he went into that 50/50 shoulder with Antonio I didn't expect it to come out dead even.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's fricking amazing. Rarely do I find a signing of ours who is this easy to fall in love with. Reminds me of the same fire that Vidic played with. It's exactly what we needed.

Also he's as good on the ball as any CB around right now. Absolute class.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The thing with those Carragher and Souness quotes is, at the time, it was a valid concern to have — a 5’9 CB has never been a success at a [top] club in the PL. But after a good 6 or 7 matches, you could already see how fecking good Lisandro is and how well he’s taken to the league. It’s at that point you’d expect them, as normal human beings, to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong. But they’d never do that — and someone like Souness will triple down until he’s proven right in a one off game or something.

phelans shorts

The thing with those Carragher and Souness quotes is, at the time, it was a valid concern to have — a 5’9 CB has never been a success at a [top] club in the PL. But after a good 6 or 7 matches, you could already see how fecking good Lisandro is and how well he’s taken to the league. It’s at that point you’d expect them, as normal human beings, to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong. But they’d never do that — and someone like Souness will triple down until he’s proven right in a one off game or something.
It is daft though. There is absolutely no reason why one can work in Serie A or La Liga but not the Premier League. That’s also if you don’t consider Nathan Ake who’s a similar height a success at City, which would be harsh. He’s no star there but he’s certainly not a failure.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They don't even play the same side of defence, Otamendi is Martinez's direct competition. Romero competes with Pezzella.
So Otamendi couldn't play the right sided CB role? :houllier:

Cabin Clown

Well said completely agree with this. A fault of most commentators.

Edwards6

Most signings get time to settle before pundits judge them properly, with Martinez they completely wrote him off after 2 games and were talking like it's a fact he can't play CB in the league

JeffFromHK

So the biggest issue with Maguire is that he was immediately handed captaincy, so we should sell Maguire and replace him as captain with somebody who’s been here less time.
The biggest issue with Maguire wasn't him being handed captaincy, it is his clumsiness, slow pace, and his misfit for a highline system.

SATA

Thought we had overpaid a lot for a defender from a Dutch league, turns out I think we actually underpaid :lol:

Ajax fans are right about him. He is now a fans favourite with the United faithful after only 6 games

Jacko21

But there was a good amount of data that suggested it was wise to 'wait and see' how Martinez would fair in the PL. Carragher jumped the gun as soon as Martinez was hooked against Brentford. Even Ten Hag referenced his underlying numbers when questioned about his decision to sign him.

It seemed more about trying to paint Ten Hag as naive.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Otamendi couldn't play the right sided CB role? :houllier:
Unless Otamendi suddenly became 10× better than he's ever been it should probably tell you that one player being picked ahead of another doesn't necessarily make them better.

MUnchies

He is so passionate. I swear, he is the only player who I bet will play football for free because you can literally see the love of the game in his veins. He celebrates a block, save, tackle, throw in, corner literally every single little thing he celebrates it like it's a goal. That's a complete love for the game and what he does.

You can see that energy transfer to all the players especially the defenders.

mav_9me

What a simple but fantastic pass to Ronaldo in the first clip here

Piyush

I watched last match. Who says that height is a compromise. Best defender since Rio and vidic. His passing and getting in to position is better than Rio. The passion after final whistle is something to that I have not seen since Sir Alex final season.

Pronewbie

Peep
What a revelation he's been for us. Most on here didn't think we needed another starting CB and insisted that he joined as a DM, certainly not one who's 5'7. So far it's a worthwhile trade-off for his aggression and ability on the ball.

Irrational.

Thank you LvG for thinking he was fecking us over with the Timber signing, which in fact led to us signing the better player. :lol:

Likely to be our POTY as well. Just hope he doesn’t betray us in the same way his compatriots Heinze, Tevez and to a lesser extent Veron have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.