Lisandro Martinez | Man Utd player - Contract till 2027, with the option to extend for a further year

FujiVice

Some myth busting. As I said in his transfer thread, if you actually watched the game you’d know Haaland could’ve had a hattrick on another day.
Absolutely rattled him to the point his decision making was up the wall.

Chief123

Absolutely rattled him to the point his decision making was up the wall.
Ah he found a clip of 2 moments where Haaland got away from him. Defo a waste of money. I mean Haaland is only one of the best strikers in the world right now.

But of course his beloved Maguire would have had Haaland in his pocket.

Graveyard

Of course physicality is not all that matters, but is one of them. If we were going to buy a new CB I was expecting we go and get the full package, the least worrying should have been the candidates physical attributes. What we have done is the opposite imo. In addition to his relative inexperience outside a very weak European league there will always be question marks about his physical attributes, until he gets going and proves otherwise.
Who would you have bought (realistically)?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Some myth busting. As I said in his transfer thread, if you actually watched the game you’d know Haaland could’ve had a hattrick on another day.
What's so great about what Halaand did in the first move? Couldn't beat his man so he backed off and shot straight at the keeper. Only one of the moves was poor defending. Seems like Haaland's final third work was poor throughout.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Any update on his visa?

Can we play the friendly during the weekend without visa?

Season opener in 12 mins. Is there a reason for the hold up?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any update on his visa?

Can we play the friendly during the weekend without visa?

Season opener in 12 mins. Is there a reason for the hold up?
Still trying to find a photobooth with a suitable high chair to send off some pictures.

Dante

Average bang
Martinez qualifies for a Work Permit automatically.

The criterion is:
The applicant must have participated in a minimum set percentage of their home country’s senior competitive international matches during the two years (or one year if under 21) preceding the date of application. The percentage is based upon the following:
  • International Team Ranked 1-10, must have appeared in 30% of matches;
  • International Team Ranked 11-20, must have appeared in 45% of matches;
  • International Team Ranked 21-30, must have appeared in 60% of matches; and
  • International Team Tanked 31-50, must have appeared in 75% of matches
In the last 2 years, Argentina have had 25 games with Lisandro being fit for 23 and being selected for 14 of them. That's 61%. And Argentina are FIFA ranked 3rd in the world.

It's a formality.

Trex

The criterion is:

In the last 2 years, Argentina have had 25 games with Lisandro being fit for 23 and being selected for 14 of them. That's 61%. And Argentina are FIFA ranked 3rd in the world.

It's a formality.
Maybe its going to be a Varane like unveiling.

prateik

Is he training with us or is he on vacation?
If he is training, then fine.. if not, I'm surprised this hasnt been wrapped up already.

zenith

I feel like he'll be used as a DM quite often with Maguire and varane as the ball playing cb's. I believe he's played in the position before and his passing is great.

Who knows, it might work that way

Bobski

What's so great about what Halaand did in the first move? Couldn't beat his man so he backed off and shot straight at the keeper. Only one of the moves was poor defending. Seems like Haaland's final third work was poor throughout.
Not too thrilled by either of the CB's work on the second chance to be honest. Why is Lisandro going into midfield leaving a very attractive space for the run and passer to hit behind him and why is Timber so unaware of the danger. Very poor chance to concede as a pair, basic lump through the middle leads to a big chance.

AFC NimbleThumb

Seeing members of his own fan base slate him for his performance in a clean sheet against one of the worlds best number 9 because said number 9 got chances against him truly is the height of Caf’dom.

He may well be shite for us but let the guy play some first.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seeing members of his own fan base slate him for his performance in a clean sheet against one of the worlds best number 9 because said number 9 got chances against him truly is the height of Caf’dom.

Oh you know he will be compared to a Van Dijk career highlight video.

We need an rvn

Is he training with us or is he on vacation?
If he is training, then fine.. if not, I'm surprised this hasnt been wrapped up already.
If we’re waiting for the green light for a visa, then he can’t do as much as clean the dishes or do anything work wise for united. It’s a working visa, no visa no work of any kind - which includes playing

doesn't mean he’s not in the country having done a medical and keeping fit, just not publicly doing stufff

Revaulx

I just don’t get why we need a new defender at all following our stellar clean sheet v Villa.

Oh wait…

Revaulx

Think we've done them all by now :lol:
I had to explain my loud guffaw to my wife any daughter. They endured a lengthy Martinez scene-setting before I was able to deliver your masterpiece. Fortunately they agreed it was worth the wait :drool:

Bobski

Slating him? Just a touch dramatic maybe. Every fanbase does this thing with new signings where if they can run without falling over they are the greatest thing ever. Normally after a month you start to get more realistic discussions of strengths and weaknesses, how to work with one and maximise the other.

No-one has said he is shite, they have pointed out a few potential issues of concern with his game.

Or in other words stop being so bloody sensitive.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had to explain my loud guffaw to my wife any daughter. They endured a lengthy Martinez scene-setting before I was able to deliver your masterpiece. Fortunately they agreed it was worth the wait :drool:
:D glad you enjoyed it mate. Lets hope we don't need to talk about his height come the start of the season:nervous:

A-man

The criterion is:

It's a formality.
I could be wrong here, but I think you are quoting the FA criterion for aitomaticendorsement. But FA are not the one that decides who gets a work permit.

Still trying to find a photobooth with a suitable high chair to send off some pictures.
I heard he found a suitable chair for the photo booth, but the problems occurred when trying to reach for the mail box.

Not too thrilled by either of the CB's work on the second chance to be honest. Why is Lisandro going into midfield leaving a very attractive space for the run and passer to hit behind him and why is Timber so unaware of the danger. Very poor chance to concede as a pair, basic lump through the middle leads to a big chance.
I think getting so far in to midfield was a mistake in this particular situation, but that is the price to pay for the system they played. However fully agree that it was a very poor chance to concede.

I don’t think he has been slated. This clip was, to my best knowledge, posted as some kind of balance to the claim that Haaland was 100% nullified in that game. I personally feel that many people make assumptions without even having watched Martinez playing. Both the assumption that he is too short for PL, and the assumption he some kind of super hero. Agree; let the guy play first.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Took all of a minute to find the below. I’d suggest you stop being so sensitive & actually read the thread before you post paragraphs of drivel.
I think that was just an irony post about his height, like most of the pun posts in the thread

AFC NimbleThumb

I think that was just an irony post about his height, like most of the pun posts in the thread
The one saying Martinez looked like a child whilst saying only Maguire gets shit? Check his posts on the same page, he goes on to reinforce the viewpoint.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The one saying Martinez looked like a child whilst saying only Maguire gets shit? Check his posts on the same page, he goes on to reinforce the viewpoint.
Oh. Thats a shame because the pun was good!

Bobski

Took all of a minute to find the below. I’d suggest you stop being so sensitive & actually read the thread before you post paragraphs of drivel.
Oh wow, one person engaged in hyperbole on the internet, that has never happened before.