Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzle

Doesn't make sense to me. We already have Maguire, Varane and Lindelof fighting for two positions, unless we are going 3 at the back. Does ETH do 3 at the back.
City - Stones, Dias, Laporte, Ake
Liverpool - Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Gomez

4 reliable centre backs are essential.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
@Raees

is the videos really yours? I’ve been watching them lately and they are great. I subscribed some time ago and been talking to you on YouTube as D Cab!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's a good video. In summary:
- he is aggressive type of defender, similar to Cannavaro
- he has very high passings stats with high accuracy, while he also likes to do alot of progressive pass rather than just side-ways, which makes his passing stats even more impressive.
- he is among the top defender in doing progressive long pass, with high accuracy, although sometimes he could over do it
- although he has high stats in winning aerial duels in Dutch league which suggest he is more than competitive aerially, he may not be as reliable in aerially demanding league like PL
- as CB he has good success dribble stats, and is regarded as one of most press resistance CB
- he likes to join the attack build up play and sometimes not shy to even take a long shot himself
- Tactically he is mainly deployed as LCB under ETH\, where he is a press resistant CB who could either dribble his way to find space to pass to his teammate, or making progressive long pass to start attack move. When his team attack, he is also good at transiting from back line to midfield line, and plays like a deep lying DM, involving alot in build up play.
He looks very good on the ball. Better than our current options. Varane is quick and intelligent but basic with the ball. Maguire is capable at dribbling but his passing his poor IMO.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
They're not good at that. Lisandro is a better DM than they are.
How do you know that? Based on what? After 20 matches as DM EtH decided Martinez wasn't suited to be DM. It's not very likely he'll use Martinez as a DM unless you have some major injury crisis. I think the chance is much bigger McTominay or Fred play next to FdJ.

croadyman

The best left footed CB I think that is available.
On the ball but as many have highlighted I worry about him contesting duels with the big strikers in this league and dealing with the likes of Dias, Konate, Van Dijk on corners.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Martinez has his versatility to play left back and DM so of course we might see him used in different positions if there are injuries but I believe the primary position he will be used is left centre back because that’s how he plays at his best and ten Hag also mentioned he is not a midfielder, can play there but better as centre back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it'll be a right winger, which of the three positions you named I would say is the least pressing position we need someone in. Just seems like that's what we're after though.
The issue with RW is that if Sancho doesn't suit the position then our best player there is.... Elanga which is not good enough.

saivet

Azpilicueta wasn't half bad?
Mainly in a back 3 but his height never an issue. Mascherano was a very good CB at Barca mind you and he was shorter than Martinez. Think we have to be a lot better as a team and in possession for it to work for him.

Ekeke

How do you know that? Based on what? After 20 matches as DM EtH decided Martinez wasn't suited to be DM. It's not very likely he'll use Martinez as a DM unless you have some major injury crisis. I think the chance is much bigger McTominay or Fred play next to FdJ.
As if Fred or McTominay would have started. They're low quality DMs, Lisandro has the qualities to play there

bucky

What’s the likelihood of him playing CDM for us? Or is he very much a CB?
I'd say it's unlikely. We are trying to sign him as the LCB and for his left-foot. Considering our links to Pau Torres, we've been looking for a good passer who is left-footed.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
As if Fred or McTominay would have started. They're low quality DMs, Lisandro has the qualities to play there
I agree Martinez can play there, but with EtH it's not very likely. We'll see whether Fred or McT will play next to FdJ. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them do well in a team with a game plan.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd say it's unlikely. We are trying to sign him as the LCB and for his left-foot. Considering our links to Pau Torres, we've been looking for a good passer who is left-footed.
I had a feeling but it just feels bizarre as it sounds as if he’d replace Maguire’s spot in the team and I just can’t see Ten Hagg dropping him. Unless we go 5 at the back?

bucky

I had a feeling but it just feels bizarre as it sounds as if he’d replace Maguire’s spot in the team and I just can’t see Ten Hagg dropping him. Unless we go 5 at the back?
Fairly certain Maguire would just move to RCB. We did it at the end of last season as well. A back 3 obviously is also a possibility, especially if we are unable to sign Antony or another RW.

DevilRed

Ill give him this though.

We desperately need a shithouser/agressive fecker on this team.

He looks the part. Reminds me a little of Heinze. Not the biggest lad on the pitch, but you're going to "know hes there" at some point.

Giggsy13

Fairly certain Maguire would just move to RCB. We did it at the end of last season as well. A back 3 obviously is also a possibility, especially if we are unable to sign Antony or another RW.
This is the most likely outcome but I wouldn’t count out Varane and Martinez becoming first choice eventually.

Ekeke

I agree Martinez can play there, but with EtH it's not very likely. We'll see whether Fred or McT will play next to FdJ. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them do well in a team with a game plan.
McTom doesnt have the on the ball workrate and Fred doesnt have the defensive positioning to play DM. Lisandro is better than both

lysglimt

Scout
And how do you come to conclusion that he gives the ball away needlessly, when he has far superior passing stats in CL last season vs our CB:
Ehm - I am not saying he does give the ball needlessly away - but even with a 95% passing rate - he can be a total disaster if the last 5% are passes he plays straight to the opposing striker. It's a bit like a GK who saves 95 out of 100 shots - which sounds amazing - unless the 5 shots he doesn't save are howlers.

But most likely - he doesn't give away the ball needlessly too much - I have at least never seen anyone use that as a criticism against him.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Martinez is a good footballer that can play a number of positions. Vital for tactical flexibility. Would've liked him at Arsenal, but I guess it would be interesting to see how he gets on at Utd.

Leonzo1

Due to our lack of wingers maybe ETH is thinking of playing with a back 3.

Sancho Ronaldo
Bruno
Malacia Fred FDJ Elanga/Dalot
Martinez Maguire Varane
DDG

Status
Not open for further replies.