Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Dracula

caf plane air-master
If Gerrard isn't going to be dropped, I'd get away from this idea of him being a deep lying play maker, and move him further forward. He holds onto the ball well, has strength about him, a good shot and a knack for scoring goals. Until Sturridge is fit I think they'd do well to give this a try

Sterling - Henderson - Allen - Lallana
Gerrard - Borini​

Borini will work hard and make the runs in behind, which Balotelli doesn't.

They tried putting gerard further up against QPR it was a disaster he was completely out of his depth there, he's lost so much of the pace you need there. I actually think he does OK as their deep midfielder he's not great at intercepting anything but his distribution is still better than anyone rlse they could put in that position.

They desperately need to have a replacement for him though,

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We have replacement players (Lucas, Henderson, Allen and Can) and replacement systems for him. Problem is he wants to play all the time for fear of looking cowardly if not. And Brendan can't drop him, or he'll be seen as the manager that killed our talisman. Its a self perpetuating cycle, one that can only be broken with, ironically, an injury to Gerrard.

And none of us want our greatest player to be injured so round and round we go.

ZDwyr

Does anyone know what Rodgers' thought process is with his defence? He seems to be this attack minded coach and so you would expect him to want to play with a high defensive line. He seems to really like picking Skrtel despite the fact that whenever I see him play he enjoys constantly dropping deep and back tracking? It's just so strange and seems to counter the way he wants to play.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I would say giving Sterling, Allen and Coutinho experience of playing against Madrid and asking them to try raise their standard to that of Modric and Ronaldo isn't laughable. I think that is what Dumbstar meant.
:p

Tarrou

What do Liverpool fans think of playing Sterling up front flanked by Countinho and Lallana then? I think they should try it against Hull this weekend. Would be much more like last seasons style of attack.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What do Liverpool fans think of playing Sterling up front flanked by Countinho and Lallana then? I think they should try it against Hull this weekend. Would be much more like last seasons style of attack.
I am hoping for something like that.

Rafateria

Supposedly the team vs Hull :

Team v Hull ...Mingolet Manquillo Lovren Skrtel Moreno Lallana Gerrard Hendo Coutinho Sterling Borini

JUPITER

They are so reliant on Sterling at the moment. The pressure on the kid must be unbelievable at times.
Agreed, it's ridiculous and isn't being handled well. He'd do well to get out of there in the Summer - which he surely will do if they fail to finish top 4.

MDFC Manager

Agreed, it's ridiculous and isn't being handled well. He'd do well to get out of there in the Summer - which he surely will do if they fail to finish top 4.
Isn't he set to sign a new contract? I don't think he's leaving them in a hurry.

JUPITER

Isn't he set to sign a new contract? I don't think he's leaving them in a hurry.
Just ensuring they get the most they can for him.

If they fail to finish in the top 4 this season I'd say there's more chance he'll leave than stay.

If he does stay and they fail to finish top 4 the season after that he'll definitely be off.

Manucho the boss

Any predictions for the hull game? I think a draw myself, Liverpool will be drained of confidence and energy after Wednesday night.
Hull are a good set piece team with Davies, Chester, Elmo, Jelavic and Hernandez all dangerous in the air where Liverpool have been awful all season.

Steve Bruce has always made sh*te of Liverpool in the league And Diame always scored against them for Wigan and West Ham.

Thisistheone

It wouldn't surprise me if Hull got something. This season's Liverpool look like they can lose to anyone, even at home. Great because last year they were battering sides at Anfield.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
We have replacement players (Lucas, Henderson, Allen and Can) and replacement systems for him. Problem is he wants to play all the time for fear of looking cowardly if not. And Brendan can't drop him, or he'll be seen as the manager that killed our talisman. Its a self perpetuating cycle, one that can only be broken with, ironically, an injury to Gerrard.

And none of us want our greatest player to be injured so round and round we go.
do do you think the current system is down to trying to get gerrard in the team?

Not sure about can but lucas is underrated imo, seens to have fallen out of favour with rodgers, perhaps more due to injury

ZDwyr

Any predictions for the hull game? I think a draw myself, Liverpool will be drained of confidence and energy after Wednesday night.
Hull are a good set piece team with Davies, Chester, Elmo, Jelavic and Hernandez all dangerous in the air where Liverpool have been awful all season.

Steve Bruce has always made sh*te of Liverpool in the league And Diame always scored against them for Wigan and West Ham.
I'll go a 2-2. Maybe Liverpool get a 3-2 if they keep riding their luck like they have been.

Gee Male

So, Lallana is their second most expensive signing of all time (behind the legend that is Andy Carroll of course) and can't make their starting line-up against Real Madrid in their biggest game in years.

Liverpool fans still happy with Rodgers' transfer record? All seems a bit ridiculous to me, I can't believe how bad a summer he ended up having. Losing Suarez was always going to have a massive impact, but still, Jesus, they look terrible compared to last season. All Rodgers' fault, surely?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
So, Lallana is their second most expensive signing of all time (behind the legend that is Andy Carroll of course) and can't make their starting line-up against Real Madrid in their biggest game in years.

Liverpool fans still happy with Rodgers' transfer record? All seems a bit ridiculous to me, I can't believe how bad a summer he ended up having. Losing Suarez was always going to have a massive impact, but still, Jesus, they look terrible compared to last season. All Rodgers' fault, surely?
Not all Rodgers' fault, no. He's made a lot of mistakes (some minor, some major) but it's not all down to him that we're playing badly...though of course he's ultimately responsible as manager.

Don't think us Liverpool fans were convinced by him in the transfer market by the way, so not sure why you're asking are we still happy with it. So far it's a definite weakness but last season he did well in getting the team playing in spite of a poor window.

Gee Male

Not all Rodgers' fault, no. He's made a lot of mistakes (some minor, some major) but it's not all down to him that we're playing badly...though of course he's ultimately responsible as manager.

Don't think us Liverpool fans were convinced by him in the transfer market by the way, so not sure why you're asking are we still happy with it. So far it's a definite weakness but last season he did well in getting the team playing in spite of a poor window.
My question is more at the "we definitely haven't done a Spurs" brigade - I couldn't be bothered to go check where you sat with it, but I know Rafateria was definitely pretty happy with how it went judging by his previous posts on where Suarez's goals were going to be shared.

Anyway, if it's not all Rodgers' fault, who would you share the blame with? It's chalk and cheese compared to last season, so if not all down to Rodgers then what's happened?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
My question is more at the "we definitely haven't done a Spurs" brigade - I couldn't be bothered to go check where you sat with it, but I know Rafateria was definitely pretty happy with how it went judging by his previous posts on where Suarez's goals were going to be shared.

Anyway, if it's not all Rodgers' fault, who would you share the blame with? It's chalk and cheese compared to last season, so if not all down to Rodgers then what's happened?
Oh the 'we haven't done a Spurs' talk, thought you were saying we were happy with Rodgers' record in the market before this summer.

Fair enough then, I wasn't one of those fans but yeah that does look a bit silly in hindsight. My view was (and still is I guess) that we sacrificed the strength of our starting 11 to improve our depth. I do think we have stronger depth now but as I said numerous times during the window having a strong starting 11 is just as important, arguably more so. Alberto Moreno is the one signing I'm properly happy with though, he definitely improved my view of the window.

The blame is mostly on Rodgers, as he has to take responsibility as manager and he's made some questionable decisions. His set up of our defence is the biggest problem, no matter who we play it's terrible so it's hard to suggest it's anything but coaching and or the set up. But the players on the whole aren't performing either, and he has had some bad luck with injuries - not an excuse by the way, everyone gets injuries at some stage and as a manager you have to deal with it.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
do do you think the current system is down to trying to get gerrard in the team?

Not sure about can but lucas is underrated imo, seens to have fallen out of favour with rodgers, perhaps more due to injury
Gerrard is a big problem at Liverpool. But he's not the crucial one. Its Brendan's own occasional brain farts which is a bit disappointing and holding him back. I think the pressure is beginning to get to him finally. I hope he pulls through because I really rate him as a man manager and a tactical one.

gasmanc

Banned
Gerrard is a big problem at Liverpool. But he's not the crucial one. Its Brendan's own occasional brain farts which is a bit disappointing and holding him back. I think the pressure is beginning to get to him finally. I hope he pulls through because I really rate him as a man manager and a tactical one.
Is there ever going to be a point where you realise that Suarez was the inspiration behind Liverpools great season last year ?

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Is there ever going to be a point where you realise that Suarez was the inspiration behind Liverpools great season last year ?
Liverpool played some blinding football without Suarez for very long periods. As world class as he is now, lets see how he likes not being passed the ball when Neymar/Messi have it.

gasmanc

Banned
Liverpool played some blinding football without Suarez for very long periods. As world class as he is now, lets see how he likes not being passed the ball when Neymar/Messi have it.
Your football was quite tumescent at the start of last season to the point where even Moyes United outplayed you at Anfield despite the drab 1-0 win.
Sturridge will improve you on his return but you just look like Liverpool of a two years ago before Suarez entered beast mode.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Your football was quite tumescent at the start of last season to the point where even Moyes United outplayed you at Anfield despite the drab 1-0 win.
Sturridge will improve you on his return but you just look like Liverpool of a two years ago before Suarez entered beast mode.
Coutinho/Sturridge/Henderson combo for the six months before last season? Anyway, pointless talking with you as you know. :p

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Coutinho/Sturridge/Henderson combo for the six months before last season? Anyway, pointless talking with you as you know. :p
It was Suarez who made them look good. You can be sure Luis would have created space even against Real to make Henderson look good.

City/Chelsea/Real etc must be bricking it. Brentan and you need to watch more foreign football. 45mil on Lallana and Lovern.

They are just over-hyped PL players. Real will put 8 past you the next night.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
City/Chelsea/Real etc must be bricking it.

They are just over-hyped PL players. Real will put 8 past you the next night.
Its the Hulls, Burnleys, Leicesters and Sunderlands that concern me this season. We can worry about City/Real/Chelsea next season. Prem points are paramount like I said earlier and Brendan's head is all over the place. Mainly farting at the moment. Hopefully he regains his senses soon.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Countinho and Sterling are the only players LIverpool have who look like creating anything. And Lambert needs to start games. His link up play is surprisingly good.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Countinho and Sterling are the only players LIverpool have who look like creating anything. And Lambert needs to start games. His link up play is surprisingly good.
Rodgers should probably start playing him ahead of Balotelli. Lambert might not be a top class striker, but he's fairly reliable and would probably grab a respectable number of goals for them provided he gets decent service.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Surprisingly to anyone thats never seen a game of football before. He's been like that for years mate. Just 'cos he's shite at the moment for us doesn't change what he has offered/offers.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Surprisingly to anyone thats never seen a game of football before. He's been like that for years mate. Just 'cos he's shite at the moment for us doesn't change what he has offered/offers.
I know. I pointed that out when you signed him.

By surprising I was referin to his size and build.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I know. I pointed that out when you signed him.

By surprising I was referin to his size and build.
Ah ok, the context made it sound different when you wrote the post. Yes his linkup was what I was expecting to propel us early if Sturridge got injured. But what was surprising was how shite a premiership player turned with a big step up. Hopefully he'll calm the feck down and start playing to his potential. Which won't beat the Reals/Citys/Chelseas but should give us a bit more against the rest.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ah ok, the context made it sound different when you wrote the post. Yes his linkup was what I was expecting to propel us early if Sturridge got injured. But what was surprising was how shite a premiership player turned with a big step up. Hopefully he'll calm the feck down and start playing to his potential. Which won't beat the Reals/Citys/Chelseas but should give us a bit more against the rest.
I think it was Lambert who played the one-two against WBA for the Lallana goal? Played a peach of a pass to Balotelli today as well.

Should start with a 4-4-2 tbh with both of them up top.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Lambert has a shocking touch. He might look good when compared to Balotelli but he's been dreadful and doesn't deserve to start either.

gasmanc

Banned
Suarez was there the 6 months before last season and as far as I'm aware that combo you mentioned still exists with the added bonus of Sterling.
There's a reason you where so good and a reason your now so shit.
Also how your manager has managed to worsen that defence from last year is quite unbelievable, it basically couldn't have gotten worse if you tried, it's bordering on genius.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Lambert's touch is actually good, he's just not doing it for us yet.
I knew someone would say that. A player with a good touch always has a good touch, Lambert doesn't. It'd be like saying Rooney has a great touch because some games he manages to actually take down the ball well.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That's because he's getting feck all chance to, with Brenty constantly picking the ever growing shite stick Balotelli ahead of him.
Nonsense. Whether he deserves to be ahead of Balotelli is arguable but his touch has been awful (bar 1 moment a few weeks ago) every time he's got on. Looks miles off the pace.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Nonsense. Whether he deserves to be ahead of Balotelli is arguable but his touch has been awful (bar 1 moment a few weeks ago) every time he's got on. Looks miles off the pace.
Lambert would have scored either of the chances presented to Balotelli, the open net against QPR or the net gaping in front of him in the dying seconds at Anfield today. I agree Lambert is a big fridge but he still would have contributed more than Balotelli if given the same amount of minutes..I'm sure of it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Lambert would have scored either of the chances presented to Balotelli, the open net against QPR or the net gaping in front of him in the dying seconds at Anfield today. I agree Lambert is a big fridge but he still would have contributed more than Balotelli if given the same amount of minutes..I'm sure of it.
Would Lambert have even been in the position to miss, though? He's even worse than Balotelli for failing to keep up with play, he keeps playing it out wide then staying outside the box, baffling.

Neither should be anywhere near the team.