Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Empire

So you judge a player as a bad signing for a team before he's played a game for them and based only on his history? What?
The point is that people looked at what Liverpool needed and felt Balotelli was not going to improve them. They predicted he was a risky signing and these 10 games have backed up that prediction.

What a player has done prior to joining that club tends to not become obsolete.

I don't honestly know what Rodgers was thinking in going after Balotelli and Lambert to replace Suarez.

Liverpool fans have no choice but to be optimistic Rodgers has seen something in Balotelli and Lambert that other managers failed to do so. He is after all one of the most promising young managers in world football or so they say, time will tell.

Balotelli can still change that but it is not too early to judge. I mean the guy could have 3 average seasons and then a very good fourth, players can improve like that, thus far though he has done what is expected.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He was invisible after his good start. Yes he had a good first half, but what about the second half? That is beyond just inconsistent.
This about Coutinho? Thought he was consistent across the whole season myself. Inconsistency has plagued him over his career but I didn't see any major slumps in form in 2013/14. This season on the other hand...

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
He was invisible after his good start. Yes he had a good first half, but what about the second half? That is beyond just inconsistent.
That's not true. Last season his second half of the season was better than his first half. That was when he was moved deeper and really kicked on... He was slightly inconsistent, but it was absolutely no where near the degree you are suggesting.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
That's not true. Last season his second half of the season was better than his first half. That was when he was moved deeper and really kicked on... He was slightly inconsistent, but it was absolutely no where near the degree you are suggesting.
I don't think the praise he was getting measured up to what he was actually producing. Perhaps I am taking this season into account as well.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think the praise he was getting measured up to what he was actually producing. Perhaps I am taking this season into account as well.
In terms of his production there is definitely truth to what you are saying. He didn't consistently deliver goals and assists which is why I wanted someone like Lallana who did. Performance-wise he had a good season.

bishblaize

First off, with a lot of those players it's been to soon to say whether they are successes or not. How the feck can you say that Emre Can is or is not a success when he's played less than five games for the club? Saying there's been 25 players brought in doesn't account for the players that we cannot judge yet. Bit misleading. Same with saying 220m has been spent with only 3 successes. 120m of that was spent this summer and, really, it is too soon to tell who out of that group will and won't be a success.

I think it would be very contentious to say a signing has been successful at this point in the season. Rojo looks awful, but I don't think it would be fair to write a defender off when he's played less than ten games for his new club. I won't be doing that with any signing just yet, I'd give them at least a season and even then you have to keep in mind that players can turn bad seasons around (see Henderson and Lucas).

Lallana, Moreno, Can, Manquillo and Origi (for Lille) have all looked good out of this summer's business. I'm not sure what you mean with Manquillo being forgotten soon, he's looked a very good addition and one that I and most other Liverpool supporters hope we make permanent. You're judging a 20 year old Markovic when he's played less than five games in a new league and missed most of pre-season. That is ridiculous.

As for players on loan, you've just gone and massively made that section up. Origi and Ilori are both rated massively by the club. You've not seen any of Ilori, have you, so how can you say he is or isn't likely? Ibe is also rated massively and he will definitely have a big future at the club. Teixiera has been a late developer for his entire career and has been one of the very few bright spots at Brighton. He likely won't make it here because we already have a lot of talent in his position, but we'll turn a profit on him quite comfortably I expect.
Well, as I say, we won't agree on this. Nothing you've said is remotely convincing, but clearly there's a fundamental difference of opinion involved. You think, for example, Manquillo, has looked decent. I, looking at the same performances, think he has not. Since I don't intend to debate every single one of the players in that list, lets just agree that we'd both be happy if Rodgers continues buying the same kind of players.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looking at both squads and picking out the match winners, Liverpool have Gerrard Sterling Sturridge Coutinho & Ballotelli. United have Di Maria Rooney Mata RVP Falcao you can see the reason for optimism if you are a United fan. On a side note I would prefer Adnan J over Coutinho any day of the week! For me Liverpool quite frankly don't have any world class player in their ranks at this moment in time!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
On a side note I would prefer Adnan J over Coutinho any day of the week!
Januzaj's performance level hasn't come close to Coutinho's so far.

You are probably one of those who was putting him in your first XI over Rooney in the summer too.

Thisistheone

:lol: Balotelli in the bad camp already...

Aye...

He's fecking awful mate. Like one of the pundits on sky said regarding his fee, there's a reason when you go to the supermarket that things are half price.

He doesn't score enough goals
He doesn't create enough for team-mates
He doesn't offer enough movement for team-mates
His style of play doesn't suit the team at all, he slows everything down
He doesn't inspire/lift team-mates when the chips are down

There's a few more but you get the picture.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Well, as I say, we won't agree on this. Nothing you've said is remotely convincing, but clearly there's a fundamental difference of opinion involved. You think, for example, Manquillo, has looked decent. I, looking at the same performances, think he has not. Since I don't intend to debate every single one of the players in that list, lets just agree that we'd both be happy if Rodgers continues buying the same kind of players.
Does any Liverpool supporter think Manquillo has looked bad? @B20 @Dumbstar @Bob Loblaw @PickledRed

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Nah. He still needs to improve going forward but I think he's been very solid defensively. Hasn't really put a foot wrong and I've no idea why Johnson is still ahead of him.

Deleted member 78215

If we finish below this pile of shite... God forgive me if I lose my temper.

ZDwyr

I assume Manquillo is being rested for Madrid midweek? That half was terrible too.

Thisistheone

Look at their team. I'd say they are performing exactly how you'd expect that team to perform.
Fair point yeah. There's nothing exciting about that side now that Suarez-Sturridge strikeforce is no more.

Lads, Barney thought Liverpool had a chance of winning the title this season. He's obviously in denial.

Water Melon

If Liverpool fans do really think that they will finish above Manchester United by the end of the season, I am ready to re-offer my bet. If Liverpool finish above United this season, I will quit this place forever, if United finish above, the taker of the bet from amoung Liverpool supporters quits.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
An absolute mess at the minute.

Horrible defensively, still playing Gerrard in midfield every week and then absolutely nothing up front. I said before the season starts that they aren't a threat to anyone because going forward they have no threat whatsoever, not a single player that any defender would really be scared playing against (including Sturridge when fit) and I stand by it. I was shot down by the resident Liverpool fans at the time, wonder what they think now?

Trizy

If we weren't half shit ourselves I'd be enjoying this sooooooo much more... thank feck they didn't win the league last year :lol:

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Awful performance. This long ball lark is awful and needs to stop. Sterling having to go up to win a ball every time the ball comes towards him is ridiculous. Sterling hugging the touchline needs to stop, it's ridiculous. Rodgers deciding it would be clever to put three strikers that can't score a league goal is also ridiculous.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We all said this would happen (regardless of what's happening with us).

They're so disjointed, it's beautiful to watch. Rodgers is struggling.

Trizy

Awful performance. This long ball lark is awful and needs to stop. Sterling having to go up to win a ball every time the ball comes towards him is ridiculous. Sterling hugging the touchline needs to stop, it's ridiculous. Rodgers deciding it would be clever to put three strikers that can't score a league goal is also ridiculous.
That piece of shit better start scoring, he's on my fantasy football!

ZDwyr

Why did he change from the diamond? Liverpool always looked better with two up-front.

bleedred

If we don't finish ahead of them, I will be absolutely furious and serious questions have to be asked of our players and manager....