g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
So here's my revised forecast for the team since Lucas + Sterling are out and we also know that BR is not going to change the back line (his comments) so my feeling is he will revert to Gerrard in the centre :

............................... Ming

............ Can .......... Skrtel ....... Sahko

Ibe .............. Hendo ..........Gerrard ......... Moreno

......... Lallana ................................Coutinho
................................ Sturridge

Subs : Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Manquillo, Allen, Lambert, Markovic
There's no chance Allen doesn't start tonight unfortunately. Rodgers loves trying to force him into the team as soon as he has an excuse.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There's no chance Allen doesn't start tonight unfortunately. Rodgers loves trying to force him into the team as soon as he has an excuse.
It'll be a hell of a lot better than trying to force Gerrard in. Got a feeling Markovic will start instead of Lallana.

bishblaize

Current Form :

Against teams placed 8th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th & 20th (average 13.1) 3 home 3 away.
Utd - 8th, 20th, 19th, 3rd, 10th, 5th (average 10.83) 2 home 4 away
Arsenal - 5th, 16th, 2nd, 10th, 18th, 3rd (average 9) 2 home 4 away
Spurs - 6th, 15th, 14th, 13th, 1st, 4th (average 8.83) 4 home 2 away

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Against teams placed 8th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th & 20th (average 13.1) 3 home 3 away.
Utd - 8th, 20th, 19th, 3rd, 10th, 5th (average 10.83) 2 home 4 away
Arsenal - 5th, 16th, 2nd, 10th, 18th, 3rd (average 9) 2 home 4 away
Spurs - 6th, 15th, 14th, 13th, 1st, 4th (average 8.83) 4 home 2 away
So?
Look back at United's results against those exact same teams Liverpool have played.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Allen was perfectly effective against Everton in the role he played - Liverpool were no worse when Lucas went off. I am not an Allen fan but I think a narrative is developing that means he becomes scapegoated very easily - much like Lucas when he was a younger player.

As for some notion that Rodgers favours him, I don't think that has been true for about 18 months. He did like to pick him quite regularly but you only have to look at Rodger's favoured XI to realise Allen is used only when injuries force the issue - not really "finding an excuse" to pick him.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Allen was perfectly effective against Everton in the role he played - Liverpool were no worse when Lucas went off. I am not an Allen fan but I think a narrative is developing that means he becomes scapegoated very easily - much like Lucas when he was a younger player.

As for some notion that Rodgers favours him, I don't think that has been true for about 18 months. He did like to pick him quite regularly but you only have to look at Rodger's favoured XI to realise Allen is used only when injuries force the issue - not really "finding an excuse" to pick him.
I don't think Allen or Gerrard are great in a midfield two (I bring Gerrard into this because he'll start tonight if Allen doesn't). I think both are perfectly fine in a midfield three (though in Gerrard's case, he needs movement ahead of him). Agree about the favouritism part, I don't think he does at all.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Deserved winners. Massive three points for us. Ibe was fantastic, my MoM again. I thought Mignolet and Markovic were very good too. Could have had two or three more if Sturridge is fully sharp. Even just having him on the pitch brings another dimension to our play. Credit to Lovren, he did well when he came on as did Lallana. I would also like to apologise to Balotelli at this time.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Ibe and Can - two breakthrough players this season. Especially Can, looks a bargain.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Deserved winners. Massive three points for us. Ibe was fantastic, my MoM again. I thought Mignolet and Markovic were very good too. Could have had two or three more if Sturridge is fully sharp. Even just having him on the pitch brings another dimension to our play. Credit to Lovren, he did well when he came on as did Lallana. I would also like to apologise to Balotelli at this time.
I am sort of torn between Can and Ibe. Mignolet 3rd best, then some distance to the next ones. Not that the rest were bad, but those three stood out.

Mali_Zeus

Watch Balotelli being a star next few weeks and all over the media just because he scored a goal finally.

Also it's worth noting that Liverpool is still top of the form table. I repeat they're still top of the form table.

Rafateria

Also worth noting that we won that without Sterling.
..... and Lucas. And despite Hendo and SG giving their midfield far too much of the ball.

I think we may be seeing Can as DM and Lovren back in the Back 3 until Lucas returns.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Delighted, huge three points.

Never got the feeling of it being a great game unlike some, but I've got a terrible flu going on so I'll blame that.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
2nd time Balotelli has scored a late goal against Spurs to secure a 3-2 win for his side. They must be sick of the sight of him. Nice to see him finally score anyway, and I stand by my comments that he will score a decent amount of goals for them, he has just had a torrid start. Now he has one he has a chance to push on and grab a few more goals to redeem for the first few horror months.

Ludens the Red

What the feck is this shit :lol:

Why is there a thread on here with Liverpool fans blabbering away amongst themselves about their squad?

Mods, sort it out.

Cina

What the feck is this shit :lol:

Why is there a thread on here with Liverpool fans blabbering away amongst themselves about their squad?

Mods, sort it out.
Better in here than the rest of the forum. Don't click if you don't want to see it, easy.

Cina

It's retarded.

It should be binned or put in some sort of miscellaneous section where nobody has to accidentally click it.
How could someone accidentally click a thread with "Liverpool" in the title? Unless, they themselves are ... you know.

untitled_6899

It's retarded.

It should be binned or put in some sort of miscellaneous section where nobody has to accidentally click it.
I agree, this is a thread about our rivals and whenever we come in to have a look and possibly add content there is a small collection of Liverpool supporters relieving each other

Ludens the Red

How could someone accidentally click a thread with "Liverpool" in the title? Unless, they themselves are ... you know.
Easy to 'slip up' and click it..

Old non-mod Cina would have been the first to shit on this thread. Just saying....

I agree, this is a thread about our rivals and whenever we come in to have a look and possibly add content there is a small collection of Liverpool supporters relieving each other
Yeah, the thread topic is very misleading. It should be changed to something more appropriate like 'Irrelevant Scouse waffle'.

:lol:

Is there a tutorial on how to use the internet for Leroy?
Demba Ba....... or something, I dunno

Cina

@.Rossi weren't you told before to stop posting so many gif's in the FF's?

Oh and I thought your deleted post was better but whatever.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
@.Rossi weren't you told before to stop posting so many gif's in the FF's?

Oh and I thought your deleted post was better but whatever.
I deleted that because I thought you and @Leroy The Red might have thought it was directed at you and him.....When it was actually directed at Barney and co. :D I wasn't quoting all their posts

And yes I have been warned. Apologies. Just been mad for any excuse to use that one

Last edited:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
At the risk of him coming on here and seeing this, I text my scouse supporting mate, asking why you lot were so smug about being 7th....

His reply?!

"Not as bad as you lot being smug over 3rd"

I mean, I deleted it before but, seriously, idiots! Can is decent though

justboy68

I've been impressed by Can. Could turn out to be a real bargain for the scousers. Can't believe he's only 21.