Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Burnley A,Swansea H, Leicester H,Sunderland A,Villa A, West Ham H is a lot easier than

Everton A, Spurs H, Southampton A, City H. Throw in the Europa league as well and it looks much harder.
Looks but not always the reality.

Tarrou

I remember earlier in the season when we hit a very tough run of fixtures whilst they had an easy run and we ended up doing quite well comparitively. They probably need to do the same with this next run or they'll find themselves too far back.

Have a feeling they'll beat City for some reason.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I just find the fixtures thing as misleading.
What's misleading about it? You have a big run of harder fixtures than recent weeks coming up, with matches being played in half the time. Harder games, with less recovery time between those games. It would be a surprise to see Liverpool maintain their current form.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What's misleading about it? You have a big run of harder fixtures than recent weeks coming up, with matches being played in half the time. Harder games, with less recovery time between those games. It would be a surprise to see Liverpool maintain their current form.
Could you stop using logic on PickleRed please?

Tarrou

Scouse logic.

Coutinho's end product is shit: It's because he's an Iniesta type player.

Sakho has poor composure: Nope, that's just his gangly legs.

You have a tough set of fixtures: Nah, because misleading.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Scouse logic.

:lol:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Scouse logic.

United logic:

Liverpool are permanently on the verge of collapse. If this doesn't actually happen it's because of fixtures.

Sakho lacks ability even though his inclusion corresponds with an excellent set of defensive stats.

Oh yeah, Januzaj's ceiling is unlimited but managers don't pick him enough.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
But you have already dropped as many points in the second set as the first.
Yet a win against any of these teams around us is a six pointer so far more valuable than a win against Burnley or Swansea. Ergo, the reality is that making progress on our rivals in this run of games is far more likely than the previous set mentioned above.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You will crush Spurs. They've had their good result this weekend, now they need to do their "typical Spurs" thing by losing the following game.
Liverpool might win (or they might not), but I doubt they'll "crush" Spurs. We're joint 2nd in the form table - just 1 point behind Liverpool in that table - but those 6 matches include having played Man. Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, whereas Liverpool's last 6 games haven't included any teams in the current top 6.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yet a win against any of these teams around us is a six pointer so far more valuable than a win against Burnley or Swansea. Ergo, the reality is that making progress on our rivals in this run of games is far more likely than the previous set mentioned above.
No it isnt. It is if you were to win the games, which is the actual point. They can be considered more valuable than the first set because they are harder fixtures, grouped closer together. That's the whole point. No-one is saying that if you were to win the games, they wouldn't be vital points where you gain ground, the argument is that you are less likely to pick up points because the string of games are against harder opposition, with much less time in between.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
United logic:

Liverpool are permanently on the verge of collapse. If this doesn't actually happen it's because of fixtures.

Sakho lacks ability even though his inclusion corresponds with an excellent set of defensive stats.

:lol::lol::lol: Oh no you di int!!

ZDwyr

The last few matches between Liverpool and Spurs have been embarrassingly one-sided. Will be interesting to see how this 'new' Spurs goes now that they have found their feet.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Lucas will miss the Spurs game and could be facing a lengthy absence according to Paul Joyce at the Express. That's a bit shit.

For the Spurs match I'd probably line up: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho; Ibe, Can, Henderson, Moreno; Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho.

Rafateria

I've got the team below however we should be under no illusion how tough this match is going to be. Pochettino has got Spurs winning well it not always playing well (though both the Chelsea and Arsenal games were proof that they can up their game in important matches). I would be far happier if Lucas were fit and Gerrard certain to start on the bench, however as Lucas is certain to miss the game I feel those two scenarios (Lucas out and SG on the bench) are incompatible in Rodger's head. I think we can edge it 2-1 but it will be tight and 1-1 would be a good bet if putting money on it.

................................. Ming

............ Skrtel .......... Lovren ....... Sahko

Hendo........................ Can ....................... Moreno

... Lallana ................. Coutinho ................Sterling

............................... Sturridge

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
A 3-3-3-1 formation? Even the real Rafa wouldn't have done that. ;)

Its simply a case of Gerrard's had his big derby day and another of Rodger's favourites (Allen) will simply plug Lucas' hole (matron).

I don't think Rodgers will mess with the back three at such a crucial phase of the season. Markovic might start instead of Ibe if he's recovered but that's about it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
United logic:

Going from 3 points clear in April 14 to 17 points behind in early February 15 is a collapse.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Lucas will miss the Spurs game and could be facing a lengthy absence according to Paul Joyce at the Express. That's a bit shit.

For the Spurs match I'd probably line up: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho; Ibe, Can, Henderson, Moreno; Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho.
I think Pochettino will start the same players that started against Arsenal:

Lloris, Walker Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane ... although possibly he'll rest Rose and play the more defensive-minded Davies at LB. If he does start Davies, then Spurs will break the record we set against Arsenal of fielding the youngest starting XI in the Prem this season.

Dier and not Fazio because he'll want pace at the back to better handle your quick strikers/attackers, not least in relation to balls over the top of our usually high defensive line. And also because Fazio's arial strength won't be especially needed against your strikers/playing style.

Perhaps I'm over-confident from Spurs having recently despatched both Arsenal and Chelsea in convincing style, but I think we have a decent chance of winning this.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It won't happen but I'd switch back to 4-3-3 against Spurs. It's the only way of picking a team without Lovren, Allen or Johnson ruining everything.

Picks itself apart from the final spot of the front 3 (Lallana, Marković or Ibe).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
We shouldn't change too much right now. Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Markovic, Henderson, Allen, Moreno; Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge. That's how I think we'll line up. Although I'd love to see Can in midfield, we need to stick with the back three.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Playing Allen in a midfield two hasn't worked and I don't think it suddenly will begin to work either.
I'm unconvinced that any pair we could play without Lucas would work well to be honest. Can and Henderson maybe at a push, but otherwise I don't think we have the players for a 2 of Lucas is out.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm unconvinced that any pair we could play without Lucas would work well to be honest. Can and Henderson maybe at a push, but otherwise I don't think we have the players for a 2 of Lucas is out.
I agree but I'd rather have Allen in midfield than Johnson in a back three.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I agree but I'd rather have Allen in midfield than Johnson in a back three.
I probably would too, but like I said I think 4-3-3 is what we should use against Spurs.

I'd be shocked if we do though, and in fairness it's understandable if Rodgers wants to stick to a formation that has generally worked well for us lately.

SalfordRed1960

United logic:

Or, last 5 away and last 5 home ties, both United and Liverpool have 25 points. Therefore Scouse logic - United are shit and Liverpool are on a run.

Reality, is United are playing very boring football, are hard to beat and tend to get points. Liverpool, playing more like a team that has been together for a longer period, but struggling to win any more points than United. They are as good as or as bad as each other at the moment. Liverpool are now entering the Europa again so will be interesting to see how they cope.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't. I think Johnson has looked good the couple of times we've seen him in a back three.
Seriously? Last time he came on, the defence went to pot immediately.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Seriously? Last time he came on, the defence went to pot immediately.
Think that was more down to not having Sakho in there rather than Johnson doing something wrong. We still didn't end up conceding from open play either.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Going from 3 points clear in April 14 to 17 points behind in early February 15 is a collapse.
If we are going on recent past seasons then I guess United haven't just collapsed but totally imploded from the 11 point title win to the following 18 months.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If we are going on recent past seasons then I guess United haven't just collapsed but totally imploded from the 11 point title win to the following 18 months.
Correct. This is our second worst season in 23 years yet we are still ahead of Liverpool.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I doubt many people on here will argue with you and consider this season to be a successful season for us to be honest.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The Echo saying Lucas is out for 4-6 weeks after his scan. feck...

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
How much can we get for him if he doesn't sign? 30m? 40m? Contract isn't up until 2017. He's our very own black Rooney.

I'm expecting City to be mentioned tomorow.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
How much can we get for him if he doesn't sign? 30m? 40m? Contract isn't up until 2017. He's our very own black Rooney.

I'm expecting City to be mentioned tomorow.
You really think you're gonna get 30 or 40m for him if he runs his contract all the way down?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
You really think you're gonna get 30 or 40m for him if he runs his contract all the way down?
I think he meant if we sold him in the summer.

Too early to be worrying about that shit. If he signs then fantastic, if not there's still plenty of time left on his deal.