Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Emre Can is fantastic, otherwise majorly disappointing. If we weren't playing Everton, Gerrard would have been taken off at 60 mins and we would have been better for it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can does look quite good but his drive would be better off in midfield imo.

Sakho is still shite though.

Sam

First difficult game (on paper) for a while and they drop points (and looked pretty crap)

Empire

I thought Rodgers would gamble and Liverpool would go high intensity that last 10 or 15 minutes and then get the goal.

Empire

Chelsea matches weren't difficult?
Well you couldn't 'drop points' in those games but you could lose and you did over what was essentially a 180 minute game so his point probably still makes sense.

ForlansHair

Don't understand the praise for Can. He was a mess defensively today - he gave Everton at least 2 good chances.

Also looks like he's been taking passing lessons off Stevie - the amount of times he hoofed it aimlessly (well, he may have been aiming for something I suppose) from the back was bordering on ridiculous. Only outfield players with a worse long pass success rate were Skrtel and Sterling.

Sam

Why split them? Chelsea amd ourselves both played full strength teams.
Because I'm talking about you dropping points. You've had a great set of fixtures recently, and picked up form. First test in a while today, and you failed.

Sam

Right.

But they would completely disprove what he said about us looking "pretty crap."
How would your performances against Chelsea disprove what I said about you 'looking crap' (which you did) today?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyway, as I said in the other thread we'll need seven from our next three IMO if we're going to get top four. Think that will take a miracle at this point.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
How would your performances against Chelsea disprove what I said about you 'looking crap' (which you did) today?
Unless I've misunderstood your post, you said in our first difficult game we looked crap. If you take Chelsea as being our first difficult match, then we didn't look crap at all in our first difficult match. Anyway, I can't be arsed arguing about this anymore.

Sam

Unless I've misunderstood your post, you said in our first difficult game we looked crap. If you take Chelsea as being our first difficult match, then we didn't look crap at all in our first difficult match. Anyway, I can't be arsed arguing about this anymore.
I was clearly talking league games, today was your first difficult one (on paper anyway, Everton were terrible) and yes you were crap.

You're still well in with a shot of 4th though. Think its going to go right down to the wire.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Anyway, as I said in the other thread we'll need seven from our next three IMO if we're going to get top four. Think that will take a miracle at this point.
You will crush Spurs. They've had their good result this weekend, now they need to do their "typical Spurs" thing by losing the following game.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I haven't kept up well with this thread.has there been a discussion about Sakho? Guinine question, does he have a medical condition in his ankles or feet? He looks so odd when a ball comes near him when he is stationary. Like he's about o bfall over. I'm amazed he's a professional footballer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I haven't kept up well with this thread.has there been a discussion about Sakho? Guinine question, does he have a medical condition in his ankles or feet? He looks so odd when a ball comes near him when he is stationary. Like he's about o bfall over. I'm amazed he's a professional footballer.
It's just his gangly stance, mate. His passing percentages are actually really high.

ZDwyr

Liverpool really needed the win to keep pace. They'll still battle for top four but it's a lot harder now. Need to do really well in their next three tough fixtures. Also, why was Gerrard left on? Taking Coutinho off when Sturridge was coming on just seemed strange to me. Unless Coutinho was injured or something. Seemed like sentimentality got to Rodgers too much in this match.

It would be interesting if they were to make an F.A Cup final or something and played Gerrard for the sentimentality factor. Because in all honesty he isn't a good fit for this team IMO and is costing them.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Poor game between two average sides.
There are 12 points between the two sides. I know the default is that Liverpool are 'average' but this Everton team must be well below average. They entered a derby with a defensive set-up, barely causing an attacking threat in 90 minutes - one shot on target.

It was a poor match but Martinez wanted to avoid defeat first and foremost.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Because I'm talking about you dropping points. You've had a great set of fixtures recently, and picked up form. First test in a while today, and you failed.
In these same easy corresponding fixtures United picked up far less points.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
In these same easy corresponding fixtures United picked up far less points.
That's irrelevent to his point. He was talking about current form. Taking the corresponding fixtures for Utd takes away any context of the time we played those teams and as the games were most likely scattered over a few weeks, it proves nothing concerning form.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
That's irrelevent to his point. He was talking about current form. Taking the corresponding fixtures for Utd takes away any context of the time we played those teams and as the games were most likely scattered over a few weeks, it proves nothing concerning form.
Actually this post here supports my point. Rather than it being the 'easy' fixtures that caused Liverpool's run of results it's more to do with good performances and form. Liverpool, along with Spurs, are proving formidable over the past month.

Moonred

Ibe looked decent I thought and can. Sterling needs another holiday. Everton were atrocious, still Liverpool couldn't manage to actually create any proper chances. Absolute borefest.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Agree on Ibe. He was one of a few that looked above average yesterday. Would be interesting to see a full back force him backwards as Oviedo was scared out of his wits for most of the match. Cracking start for him though.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Actually this post here supports my point. Rather than it being the 'easy' fixtures that caused Liverpool's run of results it's more to do with good performances and form. Liverpool, along with Spurs, are proving formidable over the past month.
You didn't look very formidable yesterday. You've had an easy run of league fixtures. Played well over two legs against Chelsea, but that means naff all, because you lost.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You didn't look very formidable yesterday. You've had an easy run of league fixtures. Played well over two legs against Chelsea, but that means naff all, because you lost.
I agree. Martinez set his team up to not get beaten and Liverpool were off it a tad. As for easy fixtures, given the inconsistency of everyone from 2nd place down I wouldn't regard any set of fixtures as 'easy'. Any strong run of points is very valuable this season as United found with their string of wins around Christmas.

I just find the fixtures thing as misleading.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I agree. Martinez set his team up to not get beaten and Liverpool were off it a tad. As for easy fixtures, given the inconsistency of everyone from 2nd place down I wouldn't regard any set of fixtures as 'easy'. Any strong run of points is very valuable this season as United found with their string of wins around Christmas.

I just find the fixtures thing as misleading.
Burnley A,Swansea H, Leicester H,Sunderland A,Villa A, West Ham H is a lot easier than

Everton A, Spurs H, Southampton A, City H. Throw in the Europa league as well and it looks much harder.