Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

gasmanc

Banned
They are football teams from the same country in the same league. It's only logical they are compared to each other. If you can't handle that, that's your problem.
The postings of a poster who's forgotten Liverpools rolling over and having their belly tickled in Madrid, the shite they put out might have made a rather meek fist of it but the intention was clear.

Rafateria

-----------------Jones-----------------
Johnson--Skrtel--Lovren--Moreno
------------Hendo..Allen--------------
---------------Gerrard-----------------
--Lallana---Sterling---Coutinho---

Jones for Ming and Hendo for Lucas are just crazy. Talk of 3 at the back too.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Liverpool lot look really pointless upfront. Sterling aside.

As Neville put it a few times, jab jab jab but no killer punch. Even at the start of the 2nd when Liverpool were giving it a good go, I always thought we were more likely to score another on the counter than Liverpool pulling one back.

And ofcourse their defense is laughable.

The difference between them last season and this season is staggering.

10 points behind, not at all worried by them.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As good as we were today, they were terrible I felt. Created a number of chances, but couldn't finish any. Sterling was their own forward player who I thought was quite effective today for the most part.

You'd have expected much more from them towards the end of the game today. We continued to attack, and didn't have to worry too much despite the fact they were the side chasing the game. I know it's said every time they lose, but they desperately need Sturridge.

Someone

Something
They really lack individual quality all over the pitch, without sturridge and suarez they're just wank.

Empire

De Gea was fantastic so had it been not super saiyan mode they would have made it competitive.

They need to sort the defence out but I'm sure Brendan will and sign a competent keeper, the defenders are probably fine but just need to be coached better. And they need to finish their chances, they created more than enough, Sturridge will help but due to his injury situation they need to get another dynamic striker like him.

You look at United, they didn't create so many chances but the defence despite having 3 midfielders and 2 centre backs that haven't played in ages did well enough, our attack was clinical, it makes a world of difference when you have players at the back that save you points and players up top that get you points, and then a player like Carrick who offers balance.

So long story short, three things:

- Sign new GK (Offer Valdes a lucrative contract if they can afford it).
- Sign new world class, proven defensive coach and let him do what he wants.
- Sign another striker with Sturridge like qualities (Doumbia perhaps).

Valdes, Doumbia, Defensive coach, the side will be strong but breaking back into the top four if they lose their place this season won't be easy because other sides also will strengthen, they might need to be patient and wait for a team to slip up in the coming seasons, if they could get Valdes, Doumbia and new defensive coach in January that would be ideal, spend the second half of the season mounting a serious challenge for the champions league places and push hard in Europa.

toonfan

For all the money Liverpool have spent I think only Lovren is a top signing, which must be fairly disappointing for the fans. Lallana is a very good Prem player but I'm not sure he's better than Sterling or Sturridge, while Can, Markovic, Lambert are very good additions to the squad if not the first team. Given the demands of the champions league, the loss of Suarez, the presence of Van Gaal along with Chelsea, Man City & Arsenal looking strong, I cannot see Liverpool finishing in the top four again if they don't add to their team significantly before the end of the window. In particular they could do with a top midfielder and a striker but it just doesn't look like happening. And I don't think Bony would fit all that well into the side.
I must admit I was wrong - Lovren wasn't a top signing. :smirk:

Still Liverpool fans shouldn't complain too much, I think most neutrals knew they would find it hard to push for the top 4 this year, and in that context they are only 5 points behind Arsenal so it could be worse. Rodgers biggest mistake has nothing to do with tactics or motivation and so on, but messing up in the summer transfer window.

Raw

They were poor, but not THAT poor. They still managed to create some chances near the end. I would have been very worried if Sturridge were at the end of them.

But the defence and some of the midfield is genuinely awful. They had a lot of the ball but they were doing feck all with it, relying mostly on silly errors from United to get chances.

I do think they can claw their way back a bit, even more so IF they buy well in January (big if :lol:) but they're just not top 4 material. Plus they have the Europa League distraction to deal with too, though if I were a Liverpool fan I'd want Liverpool to have a serious go at the Europa League.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I forgot all about Brad Jones' laughable attempt to save Rooney's shot for the goal.

What was he doing diving early and the other way. Did he think he was saving a penalty. :lol:

bishblaize

I forgot all about Brad Jones' laughable attempt to save Rooney's shot for the goal.

What was he doing diving early and the other way. Did he think he was saving a penalty. :lol:
He also got megged by Mata when he no-look passed it to RVP. Left an empty net for RVP to roll into.

Patchbeard

Just heard it's their worst start to a league season for 50 years. Only, you can't really call it the start of the season anymore.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Well done Mancs. You've got the 4th spot nailed on now. Our bubble has burst spectacularly and it seems you all were right about Rodgers. I think he's gone. We'll need a manager that can spend the money correctly in January, and that man clearly isn't Rodgers. If you're playing Brad Jones in goal and Sterling up front when you've spent all that money then you can't continue to be in gainful employment for long.

Rafateria

Obviously United fans are crowing, and when you win 3-0 why not ? But then look deeper at the match and you realise that it could easily have gone the other way, De Gea's superb performance and being named MoM only goes to underline that fact. If only Sterling had put any one of his 4 chances in the net (and he should have had two for sure) then it would have been a very interesting game .... especially had he put the first away, because United would then have been 0-1 instead of a few seconds later 1-0.

Key Moments
1. De Gea save from Sterling
2. Rooney Goal (and it was a really good goal) just 25 seconds after Sterling's miss.
3. Ref & Linesmen fail to miss obvious offside for United's 2nd goal
4. Sterling misses a golden opportunity just into the 2nd half, failing to round De Gea.
5. De Gea save from Balotelli tipping it onto the bar
Of course when #3 went in then De Gea's save from Balotelli #2 was just the icing.

United 11 shots (6 on target) Liverpool 19 (9 on target). Blocked Shots 2-6. Corners 2 - 7. Shot accuracy 66.7% to 69.2%.

So, after expecting us to get played off the park (and I forecast 3-1 on RedCafe before the match) the only thing I was only really disappointed with the scoreline because we deserved much much better than the scoreline indicates, we played with much more attacking verve than we have done for a while and had Sterling had his shooting boots on, or the officials been more alert, the result may have been entirely different. It bodes well for the rest of the season if we can continue to raise our game (as we also did in the 2nd half against Basel) like this.

Revan

Assumptionman
Obviously United fans are crowing, and when you win 3-0 why not ? But then look deeper at the match and you realise that it could easily have gone the other way, De Gea's superb performance and being named MoM only goes to underline that fact. If only Sterling had put any one of his 4 chances in the net (and he should have had two for sure) then it would have been a very interesting game .... especially had he put the first away, because United would then have been 0-1 instead of a few seconds later 1-0.

Key Moments
2. Rooney Goal (and it was a really good goal) just 25 seconds after Sterling's miss.
4. Sterling misses a golden opportunity just into the 2nd half, failing to round De Gea.
Of course when #3 went in then De Gea's save from Balotelli #2 was just the icing.

United 11 shots (6 on target) Liverpool 19 (9 on target). Blocked Shots 2-6. Corners 2 - 7. Shot accuracy 66.7% to 69.2%.

So, after expecting us to get played off the park (and I forecast 3-1 on RedCafe before the match) the only thing I was only really disappointed with the scoreline because we deserved much much better than the scoreline indicates, we played with much more attacking verve than we have done for a while and had Sterling had his shooting boots on, or the officials been more alert, the result may have been entirely different. It bodes well for the rest of the season if we can continue to raise our game (as we also did in the 2nd half against Basel) like this.
De Gea won us the game but don't forget that our entire first choice defense (Rafael-Smalling-Jones-Shaw) was missing while our two central defenders Jones-Evans have just returned from injuries.

And also, we missed one of our best players (Di Maria).

Agree however with your summarization. If De Gea wasn't a God, you would have probably won the match.

MDFC Manager

They have a right to be aggrieved about the offside but their defending for it? It was laughable. Starting with letting Young cross it in the first place

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
They have Arsenal next weekend, imagine if they lose that.

To the Liverpool fans, how much pressure is Rodgers under from inside the club? Is there a point like we had with Moyes?

Revan

Assumptionman
They have a right to be aggrieved about the offside but their defending for it? It was laughable. Starting with letting Young cross it in the first place
Did Robin really touch the ball? It looked to me that he did, but even after 3 replays I wasn't sure.

Yes, I can understand their frustration, but what the hell, I don't care when it's Liverpool :lol:

In the lineman's defense: he probably saw that Mata was offside, but believed that RvP didn't touch it.

Sam

De Gea won us the game but don't forget that our entire first choice defense (Rafael-Smalling-Jones-Shaw) was missing while our two central defenders Jones-Evans have just returned from injuries.

And also, we missed one of our best players (Di Maria).
Add Blind to that list too.

For some reason everyone keeps ignoring the fact we were missing, arguably, 6 starters today. While two of our defenders have had to be rushed back from injury.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes, when watching from a certain angle, he touches it, but it's almost impossible to see in real time.
Ah, thanks. Looked so but it was really a difficult decision from the ref to make. Difficult decisions like this is why technology should be used to help the refs.

MDFC Manager

Did Robin really touch the ball? It looked to me that he did, but even after 3 replays I wasn't sure.
I wasn't fully sure either but RvP himself admitted that he touched it in the post match interview and added that it's his assist!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Key Moments

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Key Moments

So basically if you weren't shit and were a bit more like us, it could've been a different game.

The best teams come out on top in those key moments. There's no big mystery or hard luck Liverpool - it's just individual ability (or a lack of in your case).

bishblaize

Poor from Liverpool today, though I suspect that simply going from abysmal in recent weeks to merely poor today, Liverpool fans will see signs of progress. But in truth they didn't look like a top four side. If anything they reminded me of how Spurs performed at Old Trafford for many years. Some decent chances, some decent football at times, but simply lacked the firepower to ever trouble us. That's 3 wins from the last 13 games in all competitions, 11 scored and 18 conceded.

By the way, what a huge week for them. Total banana skin at the worst possible time for them midweek. Arsenal have a clear week coming; does he risk playing his stronger players (whoever they are) in a midweek away tie to a pumped up lower league team?

Cina

Key Moments

Shortened version.

Key moments:
1. Our goals
2. Your misses

MDFC Manager

Yea that's a crazy cup game for them too. Wouldn't be surprising if they lost one or both upcoming games

Boycott

Lovren and Skrtel are awful at reading the game. Shocking communication and decisiveness and a lot of blame was put on Mignolet for not giving confidence and creating panic. Jones did nothing wrong but those two again were all over the place. How Sakho doesn't get ahead of them is beyond me. And that Toure is their best defender and he's past his best shows how badly they are there