Liverpool - 2017/18

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am choosing to believe neither Mkhitaryan nor Klopp much liked the other.

It wasn't accidental that Klopp started blabbing about how he would rather work with new players than go back to old ones when we were linked with Mkhitaryan. We did try and sign Gotze not long after.

Trizy

As per bild Liverpool can get Keita Now for a sum of 13- 15 million pounds. That would take his value upto 80 million making him Liverpool's record signing.
No pressure there then.

What was Klopp's comments on Pogba's transfer again? :D. They can't talk shite about our big money spending now, we've 2 (Lukaku, Pogba) massive money signings and now they have too.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Where do you get that 80m from? His release clause was 48m, we supposedly agreed pre-contract if we pay 57m. If you add rumored 13m for Jan arrival it becomes 70m.

Considering he's cup tied, I would rather spend that 70m on somebody else now and get Keita in summer, as agreed.

Rafateria

You’re kidding yourself if you wouldn’t take Pogba, Bailly, De Gea and even Mkhitaryan. They would all get into your starting 11 with ease.
There is no way Mkhitaryan would make our team, or even squad (over Lallana and Oxlade the way he is improving and Mkhitaryan declining) and I was a big Mkhitaryan fan.

Pogba, Bailly, De Gea and Matic I'd take for sure. Maybe Rashford and Lingard the way he's playing, though not as starters in the front three.

Rafateria

MASSIVE exaggeration in his fee (or potential fee), no way we are adding €30m or whatever to his Summer price. The Echo are saying it could be £13m (which I'd pay, we are desperately short of CMs). Obviously RBL will start high but I think a deal will be done in the £13-15m range and that will be well worth it to get him in now - especially if it aids in securing CL qualification (which I read is worth up to £100m if I'm not mistaken) ?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
MASSIVE exaggeration in his fee (or potential fee), no way we are adding €30m or whatever to his Summer price. The Echo are saying it could be £13m (which I'd pay, we are desperately short of CMs). Obviously RBL will start high but I think a deal will be done in the £13-15m range and that will be well worth it to get him in now - especially if it aids in securing CL qualification (which I read is worth up to £100m if I'm not mistaken) ?
Well no reason for foreign media to inflate the price. 65 million pounds was the price, add another 13 million that is 78 million ie close to 90 million euros.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Well no reason for foreign media to inflate the price.
German media strikes me as having as much reason to do so as British ones. Both clubs want to come out looking like they got a good deal to the fans.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
German media strikes me as having as much reason to do so as British ones. Both clubs want to come out looking like they got a good deal to the fans.
Liverpool have history with overstating Suarez deal, foreign media usually are accurate with fees. Mkhi's fees was reported correctly by them where as english media went over board by claiming fees paid in euros was in pounds. Kagawa was the same. Ozil to madrid,bastian to us. Even de brunye fee was under reported in German media than in english media. Hence i think it would be better to believe them. I understand you are Liverpool supporter and would want to believe it is a smaller fee, but it shouldnt matter to youa as long as keita does the job on the Field.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have history with overstating Suarez deal, foreign media usually are accurate with fees. Mkhi's fees was reported correctly by them where as english media went over board by claiming fees paid in euros was in pounds. Kagawa was the same. Ozil to madrid,bastian to us. Even de brunye fee was under reported in German media than in english media. Hence i think it would be better to believe them. I understand you are Liverpool supporter and would want to believe it is a smaller fee, but it shouldnt matter to youa as long as keita does the job on the Field.
I don't really care that much, tbh. I will be more than happy to see him here in jan.

30m sounds outrageous though. You buy players for that.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It's 17 mill according to The Guardian. I'd pay that all day long considering we bid 70 mill in the summer anyway.

Losing Coutinho was a big blow, but signing VVD and Keita probably leaves us better off... and we are still after another attacker.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Although Keita and Coutinho in the same team would have been jizz worthy. Shame it never happened.

Rafateria

Well no reason for foreign media to inflate the price. 65 million pounds was the price, add another 13 million that is 78 million ie close to 90 million euros.
All media inflate prices - it just sounds better and is click-bait. It is £48m rising to £55m, not £65m. so adding £13-17m gives us £68-72m IF all bonuses are paid out. And as stated, about what we offered in the Summer. It will be worth it as our midfield is bare bones.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
All media inflate prices - it just sounds better and is click-bait. It is £48m rising to £55m, not £65m. so adding £13-17m gives us £68-72m IF all bonuses are paid out. And as stated, about what we offered in the Summer. It will be worth it as our midfield is bare bones.
Plus they only agreed to that deal, and not a higher offer, because they were not interested in releasing him this season. So, by accident or circumstances, things have fallen into place really well here - despite him not being available for the CL.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
You wouldn't take DDG over Mingolet, Pogba over Henderson, Bailly over Lovren?

Mental. Irrespective of what system you play.
Geez mate DDG, Pogba and Bailey would walk into our starting 11. I wish we would sell Pret-Hendo ive never rated him and to think he is our bloody captain still baffles me :confused::confused::confused:
Shit yeah De Gea and Bailly.

Pogba I wouldn't be too keen on. But sure why not.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
The fees we agreed with RBL were £58m if they didn't qualify for the CL and £65m if they did. RBL now want the fee to be a guaranteed £65 mil plus a premium to let him go now which seems to be the negotiating point here.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
The fees we agreed with RBL were £58m if they didn't qualify for the CL and £65m if they did. RBL now want the fee to be a guaranteed £65 mil plus a premium to let him go now which seems to be the negotiating point here.
Something about this tells me we’re just doing it for the sake of it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
iirc, it was €60m rising to €80m if they qualified for CL. The deal was almost certainly made in euros, so it's a bit pointless to talk about it in pounds since the exchange rate can yet change

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I´m still trying to figure out why RBL want more money, if they qualify for the CL. Logically it should be the other way around.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I´m still trying to figure out why RBL want more money, if they qualify for the CL. Logically it should be the other way around.
Yeah, actually that's how it is iirc. Think we all just got it mixed up

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If we're struggling to get Lemar or Malcolm or Mahrez etc we might aswell just pay it.

Goretzka hasn't been confirmed to Bayern yet has it?

Anyways Keita is a fantastic player, I'm pretty sure anything we pay them now will not in lieu of the amount owed courtesy of CL football, but rather on top which would make it worth it to them.
Although i doubt Ragnick will play ball despite his relationship with Klopp.

Bwuk

There is no way Mkhitaryan would make our team, or even squad (over Lallana and Oxlade the way he is improving and Mkhitaryan declining) and I was a big Mkhitaryan fan.

Pogba, Bailly, De Gea and Matic I'd take for sure. Maybe Rashford and Lingard the way he's playing, though not as starters in the front three.
De Gea walks in.

Valencia surely ahead of either Gomez or TAA.

Bailly with VvD is fair. Not convinced any of your left back are better than Young.

Pogba and Matic stroll into the side.

Salah definitely on the right, but Mane hasn't been better than Lingard or Martial this year.

Firmino or Lukaku up to how the manager wants to play. Firmino hasn't outscored or outassisted Lukaku, and Lukaku hasn't been at his best.

If we're struggling to get Lemar or Malcolm or Mahrez etc we might aswell just pay it.

Goretzka hasn't been confirmed to Bayern yet has it?

Anyways Keita is a fantastic player, I'm pretty sure anything we pay them now will not in lieu of the amount owed courtesy of CL football, but rather on top which would make it worth it to them.
Although i doubt Ragnick will play ball despite his relationship with Klopp.
Not yet it hasn't been but hard to see Goretzka turning Bayern down unless they really low ball their offer to him.

Rafateria

De Gea walks in.

Valencia surely ahead of either Gomez or TAA.

Bailly with VvD is fair. Not convinced any of your left back are better than Young.

Pogba and Matic stroll into the side.

Salah definitely on the right, but Mane hasn't been better than Lingard or Martial this year.

Firmino or Lukaku up to how the manager wants to play. Firmino hasn't outscored or outassisted Lukaku, and Lukaku hasn't been at his best.

Not yet it hasn't been but hard to see Goretzka turning Bayern down unless they really low ball their offer to him.
Well of course these are all opinions. Personally I wouldn't want to change the way we play so Firmino is critical in that regard, he is what makes the team tick. I don't consider Lukaku to be a key component of the United side.

You mention Lukaku hasn't been at his best but don't accredit Mane with the same accord. For his pace, still scoring goals even when not at his best and potential I'd take Mane for sure, though Lingard has been impressive this season he doesn't play in the same position or have Mane's pace. Martial is not fulfilling his potential so far.

I like Valencia and it would be fair to select him ahead of Gomez (AA is really more of a midfielder) but as Gomez is more of a budding CB I prefer him overall to strengthen the defence. On the left Robertson and Young have the best two crossing stats in the league and no doubt Young is having one of his best seasons, but Robertson is a defensive player with attacking intent whereas Young a converted winger, I'll go with the pure defender with great potential in this instance, no doubt United fans may choose both Valencia and Young though. VvD and Bailly is unquestionable.

In midfield I also can't see any argument with Keita and Pogba, two superb midfielders who should complement each other, with Matic sitting in behind assisted by Keita and his excellent defensive stats. A team to challenge City.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
DDG
Valencia-Bailly-VvD-(Leftback is crap for both teams)
Matic
Keita-Pogba
Salah-Firmino-Martial

would be my combined XI

Ciedre

Supports
Liverpool
United have the most pulling power in England. Think that's a fact. In certain instances players may really feel strongly about living in London and that's when Chelsea tend to come in but as a whole United are the biggest and most successful club in England and one of the biggest in the world.
To be fair, City probably has more pulling power then United these days.
Better players, way better playing style and a better manager.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8Q1RrPahA

@1:07 Strong presence, comfortable on the ball, good tackler/shot blocker, good reader, good passer. That he played for Celtic means nothing. @1:07 But here he just strolls past the whole St Johnston (St Johnston sorry) team... like they don't exist.

But I knew even back then that he was a good defender.... I thought his next club would be Man City, United, Chelsea, etc

And I'm not Celtic fan

I remember Giovanni van Bronckhorst... his next club was Barca. I knew that a big club would buy him aswell. But they played him as leftback I think... if I remember correctly. They played him in a weird position but he was a firstteam starter.

If only Liverpool hadn't sold Coutinho.

Too good for the SPL yet he's a CB... lol These days you need defenders that can defend AND play football. Evolution of the game.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So is Redcafe ready for the new song that will be booming out of Anfield on Sunday? (Makes a change from the library we're becoming, sigh). Apparently they're even singing it on talk sport.

Sugar, oh honey honey. :)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Might as well post this in here as well.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Such contrasting reports :lol::lol:
Pearce is reliable though unfortunately altho Williams has been on this from the beginning.

Wayne's World

I hope Keita is the second coming of christ because feck me the way Liverpool fans go on about him.

He's had one very good season and a half decent season after a poor start this year. He's not worth ranting and raving over that much