Liverpool - 2017/18

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Such contrasting reports :lol::lol:
Pearce is reliable though unfortunately altho Williams has been on this from the beginning.
Seems like he’s getting his information from Leipzig’s side.

I’m not going to assume anything though. Most journalists just make it up as they go on during transfer windows. It’s amazing how many of them are wrong so often but still get paid at the end of it.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
These two articles have some good insight about this whole saga...
Klopp talks about why he le Coutinho go, he says that he will have all the money to spend and more if needed, says money is never an issue at the club anymore and the club are doing things differently these days getting the top players other clubs want too... Also says other players won't be leaving like that

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...-coutinho-money-reinvested-liverpool-14149960

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jurgen-klopp-gave-green-light-14150105

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Seems like it'll happen in the next couple of days. Imperative that we get another attacker this window on top.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That sounds too high. I'd be surprised at that price, unless we're rolling in dosh now.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think they have the most beautiful offensive play in the league. Nicer than City. Reminds me a bit of our own style in the late nineties.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
No not an expert but he has been pretty poor. Could be because his mind is elsewhere, who knows. He's not performing like an 84m quid player though that's for sure. No wonder the aren't fussy if he goes now.

If that's the case, I look forward to him actually hitting some form.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Remember when Liverpool fans used to cherry pick stats from this website last season to tell us Henderson was better than Pogba.
Not sure about cherry picking, they're all pretty relevant for a CM.

The point made was that he's having a poor season. Yet stats paint a different story, no?

So you seriously believe he's the best central midfielder in the world? You guys are crazy!

You're also mad if you think those stats prove anything
I can't seem to find the bit where I said he's the best CM in the world. But straw man away :wenger::lol:

Rafateria

Such contrasting reports :lol::lol:
Pearce is reliable though unfortunately altho Williams has been on this from the beginning.
It was also pointed out though that Pearce was denying the VvD deal was being done even whilst he was actually taking his medical - obviously on instructions from the club that didn't want anything to feck it up this time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That sounds too high. I'd be surprised at that price, unless we're rolling in dosh now.
About £142m of it...

The point made was that he's having a poor season. Yet stats paint a different story, no?
No, they have a point. You're comparing a guy playing in germany with four guys playing in england, and 3 of whom play a different role than him for their teams. If you want to make a meaningful comparison, make it with vidal, thiago, goreztka, zakaria, sahin...

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Worth pointing out that we paid most of Keita’s fee in the summer after he’d just had a very good season with Leipzig.

Based on that the £58 million or whatever it was in the summer isn’t that mad given how much prices went up last summer.

That being said, I’m not sure how I feel about us paying a further £13-£17 million for him when he’ll only get to play a few league games and maybe some in the FA Cup as well.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Worth pointing out that we paid most of Keita’s fee in the summer after he’d just had a very good season with Leipzig.

Based on that the £58 million or whatever it was in the summer isn’t that mad given how much prices went up last summer.

That being said, I’m not sure how I feel about us paying a further £13-£17 million for him when he’ll only get to play a few league games and maybe some in the FA Cup as well.
Barca paid £140m for that. On the plus side, he's be in 6 months early and have that time to be able to learn Klopps style of football. By the start of next season, he'll be fully ready to go

TheReligion

Abusive

I can't seem to find the bit where I said he's the best CM in the world. But straw man away :wenger::lol:
The stats you select..

So you're saying he's having a better season than Pogba, Matic, Kante and Fernandinho?

Because the stats you selected (all 5 of them) he scored higher at.

:lol:

And I thought you'd be well aware he's not been particularly good this season. It's quite common knowledge.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Barca paid £140m for that. On the plus side, he's be in 6 months early and have that time to be able to learn Klopps style of football. By the start of next season, he'll be fully ready to go
Yeah but I don’t fully understand why Barcelona wanted Coutinho now either.

There are pros to it but he’s cup tied for the CL like Keita is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah but I don’t fully understand why Barcelona wanted Coutinho now either
Because they promised coutinho they'd do it, and not keeping their word would have done a lot of damage to their image, not just with other agents/players, but also their own

Rafateria

How would you feel though if those matches (there will be what 15-16 PL matches remaining and if we are lucky another 5 FAC to the final ?) took us to PL Runners Up and winning the FAC ? Or maybe without him not even making the final or Top 4 ? Of course impossible to guess as this moment but there's surely a much greater chance with him than without (and of course it allows one of our other midfielders a rest prior to a CL match).

Look at the money alone at stake, £13m (which is what I'd guess it will be closer to) is nothing in comparison to what we could end up losing out on (to say nothing to our attractiveness as a team to better new players in the Summer).

TheReligion

Abusive
This is the test for the most expensive defender in the history of the game.

How will Virg fare? Let's see if he's worth the money.

Rafateria

Because the stats you selected (all 5 of them) he scored higher at.

And I thought you'd be well aware he's not been particularly good this season. It's quite common knowledge.
It isn't 'common knowledge' at all. He still made the BL team of the season prior to their Winter break and his stats are very positive in areas that our current midfield is very weak. Regardless of whether this season he's performing as well at last (he's not).

Last edited:

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool

I have a feeling he won't start the ManCity game. He's a very good player, but it will take time for him to settle.
Not only he has to adapt to how we play, others have to adapt to him. He's commanding, and I bet some particular Lovrens, or anybody else, may not like a new guy shouting orders at them after being 2 days in a club.

But I'd like him to start, he'll be unplayable for City in the air and could probably upset them more often than he did with Everton.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

You can’t judge any signing based on one 90 minute game.

People were ripping into Pogba at the beginning of last season because he wasn’t having an immediate impact. There’s a tendency to knee jerk when it comes to rivals and big money signings.

I’d rather make an initial judgement on Van Dijk at the end of the season when he’s played a few games.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
Remember when Liverpool fans used to cherry pick stats from this website last season to tell us Henderson was better than Pogba.
Yeah, he isn't having a great time of it this season... that's for sure.

But what other stats are missing from that comparison? Genuine question

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, he isn't having a great time of it this season... that's for sure.

But what other stats are missing from that comparison? Genuine question
The problem is he's comparing him to players from a different league. Look up average tackles or interceptions per game in the bundesliga than compare with the PL for example...

TheReligion

Abusive
I have a feeling he won't start the ManCity game. He's a very good player, but it will take time for him to settle.
Not only he has to adapt to how we play, others have to adapt to him. He's commanding, and I bet some particular Lovrens, or anybody else, may not like a new guy shouting orders at them after being 2 days in a club.

But I'd like him to start, he'll be unplayable for City in the air and could probably upset them more often than he did with Everton.
You can’t judge any signing based on one 90 minute game.

People were ripping into Pogba at the beginning of last season because he wasn’t having an immediate impact. There’s a tendency to knee jerk when it comes to rivals and big money signings.

I’d rather make an initial judgement on Van Dijk at the end of the season when he’s played a few games.
It will be beyond stupid if he doesn't play.

I think it's fair for people to expect VVD to hit the ground running since he's been playing in the PL for sometime, is already used to the league and different styles of play.

Pogba is a silly comparison as he had been playing in Italy for 3/4 years (totally different speed and style to that of the fast paced aggressive PL). It was obviously going to take him a little bit of time to settle although with him he was brilliant on his debut, it was more consistency he initially struggled with.

VVD is the most expensive defender the world has ever seen. Expectations will rightly be very high and there can be no excuses if he fails to deliver.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think there was a suggestion that Henderson was a better player than Pogba. I think it’s fair to say that Henderson had a better first half of 16/17 than Pogba did though.

No one is going to argue that Henderson was or is going to be better than Pogba. I actually want Henderson replaced. He reeks of average.