Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noo Noo

Supports
Liverpool
If it was Mourinho he'd be crucified by the media and everyone!!
And rightly so considering United's bank rolled squad.

But its not for the want of trying. 3 finals in 3 years isn't a bad return, especially when you think that 2 of them were European finals. His return in finals however I agree is a concern. Well a pity rather than a concern.

Noo Noo

Supports
Liverpool
A question to Liverpool fans.
Chelsea v Man Utd a week on Saturday, Which team will you want to win ?
I'd take a draw to be honest. Both teams drop points. Jose stays at United a bit longer.

Josep Dowling

Gary Neville is also experienced enough to know that you can only really rotate when you have adequate players available to replace the better players who are regular starters. We certainly didn't have them last year, but it's possible - with only 8 league games gone remember - that the likes of Shaqiri & Sturridge will start more games this season, thus giving the likes of Firmino, Salah, & Mane, a break every now & then. Be interesting to know how many times Ferguson actually rested Ronaldo, Rooney, & Tevez in the league when you won the PL & CL in 2008.
Really? I'm not sure you saw some of the starting elevens Sir Alex use to play with and won.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
If it was Mourinho he'd be crucified by the media and everyone!!
If Mourinho had taken United to a CL final playing entertaining football while not getting into public fights with players? I doubt it.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Don't worry I'm in the process of making a banner which echo the sentiments of most Liverpool fans with regards to the trophy drought.

3 years of excuses of excuses & it's still crap. Ta-ra Jurgen.

What do you think ?
I think of 3 things:
1. Klopp reached a CL final and his team played fantastic football, so it is far away from crap.
2. You can do everything right and still not win a title.
3. It is a sign of our time that only titles seem to count for the masses now. This is demanded by people who have never ever won a title in their whole lives, let alone a meaningful one. I personally would take great soccer matches with amazing offensive football over a title with boring football every day.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
United. I don't really mind United, but I despise Chelsea.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I think of 3 things:
1. Klopp reached a CL final and his team played fantastic football, so it is far away from crap.
3. It is a sign of our time that only titles seem to count for the masses now. This is demanded by people who have never ever won a title in their whole lives, let alone a meaningful one. I personally would take great soccer matches with amazing offensive football over a title with boring football every day.
My post was actually a jibe in relation to something that happened nearly 30 years ago at Old Trafford when Alex Ferguson had been at United for 3 years. A United supporter, not too happy at the lack of progress shown in those 3 years, constructed a banner & had it on display at a United, with pretty much the same wording as shown in my post. With Fergie taking the place of Klopp obviously. I agree with what you say though, & I find it ironic that some United supporters see Klopp's failure to win silverware in his first 3 years - ignoring the fact he 's got us to 3 finals where we've lost to 3 very good sides - as a big stick to beat him with. Yet prior to their match against Newcastle on Saturday nearly 75% of people on here felt Jose wasn't the man to take the club forward. & this a man who has won 2 trophies in less than 3 years at United.

Football supporters eh :rolleyes:

redman5

Really? I'm not sure you saw some of the starting elevens Sir Alex use to play with and won.
Ferguson could have fielded a team of blind Albanian shepherds & still win a game. He was unique in that sense. But my point was in relation to the resting of your first choice front 3 of Rooney, Tevez, & Ronaldo when you chasing a League & CL double in 2008. He had the likes of Saha & Nani to call upon, but when fit & not suspended, those 3 were not rested that much.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's only been 7 years since you last won it though. For some Liverpool families, its been 3 generations.

Ban

I think of 3 things:
It's all good, you rather see beautiful football but to say the ones who like titles more are the ones who never won a title in life is. Well silly.

JohnBailey

Supports
liverpool
I think of 3 things:

So I guess I will take this as my first post - i've been like many others a lurker for quite a few years and before anyone berates me, my mum is from Manchester, my Dad's a Liverpudlian and guess who I ended up supporting... for many years when I really got into football, possibly the wrong team...

Interesting in a lot of the comments through this and other threads - I get the animosity between the clubs and rightly so but for me it's just football - liverpool were the team of the 80's and united surpassed that and arguably went on and beyond it with ferguson - but to me, i look at it as two powerhouse teams from real football grounds, real rivalry and I don't expect many favours by way of return - in case you haven't guessed I'm a Liverpool fan.

Supporting Liverpool hasn't been great on the mental health! they certainly haven't been anywhere near the teams of the 80's but if have to put an honest opinion here now, it's an exciting time to support them again - nearly bankrupt, a change of ownership since and we do after a few mishaps seem to be making progress - as many have commented - not quite won the finals - but to be fair as a supporter - i think it's exciting times. United have gone from being absolutely amazing to a bit of a period of ... uncertainty - not sure on signings, managers, owners - same things we've both been through in the last decade - the teams that are in our faces, are teams that are flush with money that had never been available before....

My point, I guess is that when people talk about Chelsea and United, Man City vs whoever the rivalry will always be between the biggest clubs in a generation. Yes, the sands have changed and it may well be that the noisy blue neighbours have the money to be a threat and win things for the next god knows how many years - the same in Europe... but for me as a Red, I'm excited we are in the mix, and actually hope that United come back on top as a proper team and proper competition (if they aren't already - I appreciate you finished above us last season).

Football is about that, history, great players, history and rivalry - I personally don't like the new game where the influence of money decides or massively sways the odds on trophies. I just hope that the 'big teams' and hope that even United fans will understand that the likes of LFC and Utd dominated and will continue to be the mainstay rivals in the prem and europe for many years to come.

On your manager - I think there are problems that go beyond management - I'm not entirely sure that he helps himself to be honest but I think if in 10 years time we look at Premiership rivals, United and Liverpool will be in the mix somewhere despite relative ups and downs in the short term - and so they should be... A lot of predictions to see if Liverpool are boom / bust - a lot of latter predictions to say they can't score or whatever - a lot of negative comments on United... it's October, the seasons ahead - enjoy and see what happens - only time will tell - think City are still the team to beat but great for the game if it's a lot closer than last year - that's what makes the Premiership so entertaining - all about the next game...

Good luck against Chelsea btw - they look decent...

Reactions: golden_blunder

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think of 3 things:

:lol: What?

Do you really expect me, or anyone here to believe that if you were offered the PL title with boring football, you'd go 'nah, prefer to just finish fourth but play well thanks mate'.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and think Klopp has done a great job .. but whilst good football is important, winning the biggest titles will always come above it, I wouldn't care what kind of football we played if we were to win the league or the CL.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
And rightly so considering United's bank rolled squad.

But its not for the want of trying. 3 finals in 3 years isn't a bad return, especially when you think that 2 of them were European finals. His return in finals however I agree is a concern. Well a pity rather than a concern.
United's bank rolled squad! ?!

Seems you're forgetting how much Liverpool spent on a centre half and goalkeeper and the rest of the team this summer!:wenger:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
'Finals reached' is a new trophy Liverpool fans have made up. :wenger:

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
A lot of trophies these days.. Like the 2nd place trophy you won last season. And reading this forum, one could get the impression, that many of you are hoping for the famous 4th place trophy this season.

It's all about expectations, isn't it? If you go further than expected, then you're happy, right?

Winning the thing would've been more than fantastic, but nevertheless, it was a great achievement reaching the CL final as a result of the progress we've made so far.

montpelier

I personally would take great soccer matches with amazing offensive football over a title with boring football every day.
We did this last year & the response was bordering on a farcical refusal to actually answer the question from what I can remember.

Most people seemed to think that fantastic football was the best route to winning it anyway, so anything else was irrelevant.

Basically though, the sensible answer is... only for so long isn't it? For the clubs where the feeling is that they OUGHT to be winning stuff let's say.

Not to say it can't be turned around, if the team is winning loads but very dull, then the need becomes to be seeing more entertainment. Little bit fickle I suppose.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
but whilst good football is important, winning the biggest titles will always come above it, I wouldn't care what kind of football we played if we were to win the league or the CL.
I would care. But i would sure take it over entertaining football without winning.

But if you're not winning, at least be entertained.

Noo Noo

Supports
Liverpool
Ferguson could have fielded a team of blind Albanian shepherds & still win a game. He was unique in that sense. But my point was in relation to the resting of your first choice front 3 of Rooney, Tevez, & Ronaldo when you chasing a League & CL double in 2008. He had the likes of Saha & Nani to call upon, but when fit & not suspended, those 3 were not rested that much.
Er no. Why?

Because he never had to. United always had the strength in depth and to be fair it was always well balanced as well.

Furthermore, you will remember before all the youth came through for United Ferguson was struggling to bring in the results. Afterwards was a very different story because he had the squad. So while he was certainly a top drawer manager he could not turn water into wine or dross into consistent game winners or he would have not needed Scholes, Beckham, Giggs etc.
United's bank rolled squad! ?!

Seems you're forgetting how much Liverpool spent on a centre half and goalkeeper and the rest of the team this summer!:wenger:
Hmm hardly, but considering Mourinho has put together the most expensive Premier League squad in history (or was it in the world???) and Ferguson spent more than his fair share then its hardly a unique thing is it? Yeah Klopp has started spending. Fair to say that he and the team had reached a point where there was little option if the club really wanted to progress. Bank rolling. Yeah it happens and United have done more than their fair share.

Got to be in it to win it. I'd rather we had a chance, which being in a final gives you, rather than flopping out in round 3 or the group stages. That is why I am personally disappointed that we didn't progress in the Caraboa Cup or whatever its called these days. Oh look United didn't progress either!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
A lot of trophies these days.. Like the 2nd place trophy you won last season. And reading this forum, one could get the impression, that many of you are hoping for the famous 4th place trophy this season.

It's all about expectations, isn't it? If you go further than expected, then you're happy, right?

Winning the thing would've been more than fantastic, but nevertheless, it was a great achievement reaching the CL final as a result of the progress we've made so far.

Oh don't worry for us please my friend.

We have gone through GREAT times since 1992 winning 13 Premier Leagues, 2 CL's and various other trophies in the process.

In fact there are some teams who have NEVER ONCE lifted the Premier League trophy and they don't even know how it looks except seeing it in photographs.

Come back when you win 18 Leagues, you had once told us - well we had 7 and now we have 20 and that was an achievement from the greatest manager of all time SAF.

1990 is a very long time ago now and memories fade - maybe your time has come again.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Oh don't worry for us please my friend.

We have gone through GREAT times since 1992 winning 13 Premier Leagues, 2 CL's and various other trophies in the process.

In fact there are some teams who have NEVER ONCE lifted the Premier League trophy and they don't even know how it looks except seeing it in photographs.

Come back when you win 18 Leagues, you had once told us - well we had 7 and now we have 20 and that was an achievement from the greatest manager of all time SAF.

1990 is a very long time ago now and memories fade - maybe your time has come again.
Regurgitating history, isn't that something you guys mock us for? I guess history is more comforting for you than facing the harsh reality of what's going on now.

For someone complaining about having a Liverpool thread on the forum, you do seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time posting in it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Regurgitating history, isn't that something you guys mock us for? I guess history is more comforting for you than facing the harsh reality of what's going on now.

For someone complaining about having a Liverpool thread on the forum, you do seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time posting in it.
i like to have a good laugh now and then. :)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So do we. I hope you keep posting on it :p
Just because you told me to keep posting my friend, and for another laugh and nothing else:

The truth seems to hurt so i'll try to be more benevolent and not mention the thirteen Premier Leagues again. :lol:

See, there i obeyed you.

redman5

It's only been 7 years since you last won it though. For some Liverpool families, its been 3 generations.
Chelsea went 50 years between titles. Still didn't stop them producing some good sides who played good football throughout that barren period. I know a few Chelsea fans who were around during the 70's & 80's who say how much the enjoyed it despite the limited success. If you look at United's title-winning era's they too came with substantial gaps - 1911 to 1951 & 1967 to 1993 - But they've always prided themselves (especially since the Busby Babes) on trying to build their success by playing attractive football. OK, winning league titles is a great thing. But sometimes you can enjoy the journey too whilst en-route.

redman5

Just because you told me to keep posting my friend, and for another laugh and nothing else:

The truth seems to hurt so i'll try to be more benevolent and not mention the thirteen Premier Leagues again. :lol:

See, there i obeyed you.
Believe me, the longer you go without a title the more you'll mention what you've won in the past.

I know. I'm a Liverpool fan.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Believe me, the longer you go without a title the more you'll mention what you've won in the past.

I know. I'm a Liverpool fan.
You're a Liverpool fan who spends more time on the United forum than on theirs!

I Can't understand why you have to come here and talk about your great team.

I would never go to your forum and talk about United - it would be ridiculous.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Our forums are rubbish. RAWK is the main one and there's hardly any objective discussion to be had.

I'm not bitter enough to be bothered by the fact that this is a United forum, but then I'm not from Liverpool, Manchester or that area so maybe that's why?

Does it confuse you that supporters of sides like City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs post here too? What about PSG, Madrid and Barcelona fans? One of the staff members is an Arsenal fan. This forum welcomes supporters from other clubs as long as they don't WUM and follow the rules, and it makes for pretty good discussions most of the time in my opinion.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Liverpool has the most threads running in this General football forum. All started by united supporters. More threads than ones about united. There is another section dedicated to all things united. So, if the mancs want to talk all things Liverpool then the Lfc supporters are more than happy to oblige.

redman5

I post on here because I like to be challenged. What's the point in going on a forum where everyone pretty much thinks the same ? & why does it bother you so much ? Are you afraid to be challenged on your opinions ? The Caf is by far & away the best football forum out there. I hardly ever view, let alone post, on the Manchester United threads. But I like to hear alternative views on what's happening at my club. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree, & I put the reason why I disagree. Isn't that how healthy forums should function ? Anything else is just one big, boring, echo chamber.

RooneyLegend

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Ergh.

This forum is great, hence why you have opposition fans here. It's definitely the best football forum on the web and is very accepting towards fans of other clubs.

Like @redman5 says, it's nice to get different perspectives on football from all fan bases, I'm not a huge fan of an echo chamber. Whilst I think Liverpool fans can be a little cheeky in other threads where a couple do seem to bait United fans, I see no problem with them discussing their team in a thread nobody else has to enter if they have an issue with it.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea. I always want United to lose, whoever they're playing. I appreciate that this season it looks like Chelsea are more of a direct threat to Liverpool's possible title chances (along with Man City, Tottenham and maybe Arsenal) than United, so it might make more sense logically for me to want United to win, or maybe have the two teams draw.

Perhaps if it was near the end of the season, and Liverpool were on the verge of a title win, and Chelsea were close on our tails, I might consider wanting United to win. But even in that slightly far-fetched scenario it would be hard to cheer United on. Right now it would be impossible. In my heart, I always want United to lose.

montpelier

I post on here because I like to be challenged. What's the point in going on a forum where everyone pretty much thinks the same ? & why does it bother you so much ? Are you afraid to be challenged on your opinions ? The Caf is by far & away the best football forum out there. I hardly ever view, let alone post, on the Manchester United threads. But I like to hear alternative views on what's happening at my club. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree, & I put the reason why I disagree. Isn't that how healthy forums should function ? Anything else is just one big, boring, echo chamber.
Really well said this. imo. On our side we can have a bit of a WUM as well (they're quite strict with you guys, I know). I like to get a different idea as well. I probably already know what we think isn't it?

And the Utd bits can get to be really hard work. Oh and don't ever disrespect a big favourite over the Utd side either, they don't like that, :rolleyes:. I was very foolish to say that I thought Zl*t*n was quite slow & mainly all about trundling off to the back stick, that's for sure, :D.

Mind you, we were pretty good then actually, it would seem.

hubbuh

I can’t emphasise how much I hate posts like these. I’m sure oppo fans are tough enough not to be dissuaded from posting here despite posts like this, but the idea that Redcafe would get less diverse in terms of representation across teams makes me angry as hell.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I can’t emphasise how much I hate posts like these. I’m sure oppo fans are tough enough not to be dissuaded from posting here despite posts like this, but the idea that Redcafe would get less diverse in terms of representation across teams makes me angry as hell.
It's never really oppo fans in general, it's strictly always "you are a Liverpool fan posting on a United forum"..etc. I've read this so many times, it personally doesn't bother because I'm not all that thick :lol: I'm well aware it's a United site, one that I can say has been part of my online viewing way longer than I can remember (as sad as it is), therefore I/us are here to stay.

Even when we win the league this season

Status
Not open for further replies.