Liverpool 2020-21

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

It's been a good weekend judging by opposition fans' disappointment. Not a glorious one because we're used to winning PL/CL trophies but this will do for now. We can win them things next season.
You just had to say it didn’t you.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Interesting summer coming up. Got a feeling Mane is off. I’ve seen Dortmund linked so maybe Sancho is involved somehow. Wijnaldum is gone so a new, younger midfielder is needed. I think Konate is done.

Van Dijk and Gomez coming back from long term injuries. We’ll see how they perform.

I still think City are the team to beat.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

It's been a good weekend judging by opposition fans' disappointment. Not a glorious one because we're used to winning PL/CL trophies but this will do for now. We can win them things next season.
Used to winning Premier league trophies? You've won 1.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We've been utter guff this season, and somehow still in third and five points off second.

I suppose it bodes well for next season. No one save pep is actually going for anything in the this league.

gazbradley

Interesting summer coming up. Got a feeling Mane is off. I’ve seen Dortmund linked so maybe Sancho is involved somehow. Wijnaldum is gone so a new, younger midfielder is needed. I think Konate is done.

Van Dijk and Gomez coming back from long term injuries. We’ll see how they perform.

How are your finances looking? I found it strange you didn’t splash any cash in January on a centre half when it could’ve saved your season a lot sooner. You reckon your owners will give Klopp plenty to spend or will it be a case of selling first?
I can’t see Dortmund taking a swap deal with the amounts being talked about for Sancho and the outlay on Konate being wanted upfront by most accounts I just don’t see you spending huge sums this summer, I think your owners are more likely to just rely on Klopp will get you top 4 consistently, at least I hope that and Van Dijk comes back a shell of himself ha

Reactions: Sultan

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How are your finances looking? I found it strange you didn’t splash any cash in January on a centre half when it could’ve saved your season a lot sooner. You reckon your owners will give Klopp plenty to spend or will it be a case of selling first?
I can’t see Dortmund taking a swap deal with the amounts being talked about for Sancho and the outlay on Konate being wanted upfront by most accounts I just don’t see you spending huge sums this summer, I think your owners are more likely to just rely on Klopp will get you top 4 consistently, at least I hope that and Van Dijk comes back a shell of himself ha
:confused::confused:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Too obvious.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Mane isn't going to Dortmund :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
We've been utter guff this season, and somehow still in third and five points off second.

I suppose it bodes well for next season. No one save pep is actually going for anything in the this league.
The five points off second thing..

Please.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Annoying but credit where it's due for the way they finished the season.

Against all odds they ended up only one place below us, who finished one place above them, the defending champions, in 2nd place, one place above third where they finished.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What? Did I miss the big signing you made? Or did you get someone on loan struggling in the Bundesliga and the lad from Preston?
Fair enough, I thought you were totally unaware of them. Yes we brought them in at short notice as we didn't have 80m lying around.

Do you know where that Bundesliga loan signing and the Preston lad have been since January?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Short notice because all of Liverpool's CB injuries happened on Jan 31st so they didn't have time to come up with a better plan. Poor Liverpool.

gazbradley

Fair enough, I thought you were totally unaware of them. Yes we brought them in at short notice as we didn't have 80m lying around.

Do you know where that Bundesliga loan signing and the Preston lad have been since January?
I could be wrong but think you were top going into the January window, still in the FA cup and Champions League, so why would your owners not spend 40 mil or so then rather than cheap Championship and loan players? I get the winter window is harder to do business and you tend to have to pay over the odds but you could’ve easily missed out on Champions League so seemed a strange gamble.
My point being where’s the 80 mil that wasn’t lying around in January suddenly appearing from?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I could be wrong but think you were top going into the January window, still in the FA cup and Champions League, so why would your owners not spend 40 mil or so then rather than cheap Championship and loan players? I get the winter window is harder to do business and you tend to have to pay over the odds but you could’ve easily missed out on Champions League so seemed a strange gamble.
My point being where’s the 80 mil that wasn’t lying around in January suddenly appearing from?
We didn't have 40m either. Or no team with a decent defender was selling at that time for 40m. Whether it was 1st January or 31st January.

We did the sensible thing and got not one but two defenders in just in case of bad luck. Do you know what happened next?

gazbradley

We didn't have 40m either. Or no team with a decent defender was selling at that time for 40m. Whether it was 1st January or 31st January.

We did the sensible thing and got not one but two defenders in just in case of bad luck. Do you know what happened next?
I’m sure there was plenty of players you could’ve signed if you’d been willing to spend. A lot of players would’ve forced a move knowing they’d be starting at Liverpool. You can also structure deals to pay less up front like you did with Jota.

Yeah the ‘sensible thing’ took you from 1st to outside the CL and banking on Leicester, Chelsea and West Ham having poor ends to the season to finish 3rd, you also whimpered out the FA cup and the CL. Whilst still ultimately relying on the same players you had before.

Its great to say it all worked out (if that’s what you wanna call it) with hindsight but surely your owners being reluctant to spend when you really needed it and even then it was late in the window isn’t a great sign for what’s to come in the summer? Makes more sense to sign players when your others are injured rather than when they all come back from injury no? I was replying to a poster who seemed to think you were gonna spend big this summer and couldn’t see how all this money had grown on Liverpool’s money tree

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Used to winning 1 PL trophy in the competition's history you mean

Threesus

So what’s going on at ‘Pool? Wijnaldum went to PSG and apparently talks over a new deal with Henderson have stalled. Apart from konate, have you guys brought anyone? Is there any truth to the rumor of you guys making a play for mbappe?

Josh 76

So what’s going on at ‘Pool? Wijnaldum went to PSG and apparently talks over a new deal with Henderson have stalled. Apart from konate, have you guys brought anyone? Is there any truth to the rumor of you guys making a play for mbappe?
I hate these lot with a passion, but one thing I do envy is they do their business quietly and quickly without the bullshit we go through at Utd.
Watch them sign a couple of class players that will make them title favourites.

iHicksy

I hate these lot with a passion, but one thing I do envy is they do their business quietly and quickly without the bullshit we go through at Utd.
What a weird thing to say after we've signed one of the best right sided attackers in the world and are about to sign one of the best CBs. And then continue spending.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
oh yeah because winning the transfer window did wonders for their season last time around

they had a CB crisis last season so their answer to that was to sign a injury prone CB, they'll sign a CM to replace the one they've lost in a free and that'll be them done as they have no money

TheReligion

Abusive
What you on about here? Thiago, Keita, Shaquiri have all flopped. Can't even remember the name of that Greek full back they signed last year and the CB from Preston who has never played.

They have plenty of expensive misses. They've lost Wijnaldum on a free which was awful and reports that Henderson might go for nothing himself.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Quietly and quickly? :lol: Thiago's deal wasn't quietly and quickly, they were persistent not to meet Bayern's original asking price. If you are talking about Jota being out of nowhere then we could say the same case with Cavani and VDB last season, those signings were done quietly and quickly too. I think both are doing the same shite, it's just media and agent use our name more because we have more money at the moment so it sounds more realistic.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Quietly and quickly? :lol: Thiago's deal wasn't quietly and quickly, they were persistent not to meet Bayern's original asking price. If you are talking about Jota being out of nowhere then we could say the same case with Cavani and VDB last season, those signings were done quietly and quickly too. I think both are doing the same shite, it's just media and agent use our name more because we have more money at the moment so it sounds more realistic.
Not just at the moment, and we're a bigger name to use either way

RedDevilRoshi

What a load of utter nonsense in this post. What “class players” are you expecting them to sign? The ones they’ve been linked with don’t exactly give me the shivers and send out a message that they mean business next season on who they have signed/are hoping to sign. The Konate deal was known way before it got announced and good luck to them keeping him match fit.

What recent transfer business over the past few seasons have they done “quietly & quickly”?

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

They have been good in the market under Klopp but I don't see them becoming favourites because their owners are very similar to ours. Top four this season will be cutthroat and I have no doubts one of the big four managers will be sacked/walk.

Kaos

And not forgetting the VVD saga, Southampton had to file over an official complaint over Liverpool tapping him up, forcing them to apologise. Hardly an exercise in efficiency and subtlety :lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
And not forgetting the VVD saga, Southampton had to file over an official complaint over Liverpool tapping him up, forcing them to apologise. Hardly an exercise in efficiency and subtlety :lol:
Yeah but we tapped him up quietly beforehand. :p

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
While we're here, how is the combined team looking at this point in time, assuming strongly linked players are bought?

Alisson
TAA Varane VvD Shaw
Fabinho Hendo
Sancho Pogba Mane
Salah
Manager: Klopp

Personally, I can see Klopp sacrificing one of Pogba or Bruno for defensive solidity in order to push the fullbacks right up. It could easily be Bruno or Pogba in that number 10 role. Salah is a penalty taker. Penalah.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They have been good in the market under Klopp but I don't see them becoming favourites because their owners are very similar to ours. Top four this season will be cutthroat and I have no doubts one of the big four managers will be sacked/walk.
I think we are a shoe-in for top four if VVD returns to his previous form.

While we're here, how is the combined team looking at this point in time, assuming strongly linked players are bought?

Alisson
TAA Varane VvD Shaw
Fabinho Hendo
Sancho Pogba Mane
Salah
Manager: Klopp

Personally, I can see Klopp sacrificing one of Pogba or Bruno for defensive solidity in order to push the fullbacks right up. It could easily be Bruno or Pogba in that number 10 role. Salah is a penalty taker. Penalah.
As great as Shaw has been last season and in the Euros, give me Robertson over him.

Pogba in Henderson's position if he somewhat resembles his France national team performances, and Bruno as CAM.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
What you on about here? Thiago, Keita, Shaquiri have all flopped. Can't even remember the name of that Greek full back they signed last year and the CB from Preston who has never played.

They have plenty of expensive misses. They've lost Wijnaldum on a free which was awful and reports that Henderson might go for nothing himself.
Thought Henderson still had 2 years on his contract? I don't think losing a 33/34 yo Henderson on a free would be that big a blow, personally.