Liverpool and the Quadruple

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Most of the last decade has been nothing but repeated kicks up the arse. Hasn't changed much unfortunately.
If Liverpool winning doesn't spur us I don't know what will to be honest. They best hang up their boots

As fans, there is nothing more devastating

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The Quadruple is out of the question. We are not favored in any of the three competitions left. So how could we possibly win all three. Give me the league. That’ll be enough.
Don't think they will win it, but it's not out of the question. They are one of the best sides in Europe. The constant downplaying of your chances seems really forced...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The Quadruple is out of the question. We are not favored in any of the three competitions left. So how could we possibly win all three. Give me the league. That’ll be enough.
What you mean by "favored"? You are one of the big favorites in all of the tournaments left, so you can win any one of them, but winning all 3 would be unheard of, agreed.

wolvored

How are United the bigger club if Liverpool are so far ahead in Europe?

If Liverpool win another CL will that make them the biggest club in England?

For the elite global clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca European victories are extremely important in their legacy as a club and global stature.

Surely United need more of it too to be at that very top table!

Can someone explain this to me, I am not English.
United became the biggest club in England and well known around the world, because of the saddest day in their history. The Munich aircrash in 1958. Liverpool have more big trophies winning the top division and Euro cups/Champ lge combined, but Utd are always classed as the bigger club.

wolvored

Liverpool the Premier, City the Ch lge and Chelsea will bag the FA cup I think.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
United are the bigger club, if we add more trophies this season. (Big if) We’ll be the more successful club.

Either way we’re the biggest clubs in Britain.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool play Utd 2 or 3 days after the FA cup semi final v City. Utd play Norwich at Home that weekend. (So Utd can rotate, if that’s possible).

I know Utd are wank at the moment. But that game at Anfield is our cup final now. Will be interesting to see how Klopp plays it.
I’m not as concerned about games at Anfield tbh. There’re all tough games for different reasons but I back is against anyone at home this season.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hope they don't win any of the remaining three, but they'll win at least one of them.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I think City pip them in the league after both have perfect run ins + a draw against each other. City win the FA cup, Liverpool beat Madrid or Chelsea in the CL final.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I get the feeling that people are overrating Liverpools chances on purpose so that they can call them chokers when Liverpool fail to win every single trophy and it's just sad. Liverpool has to beat City in both the Fa Cup, League and maybe CL aswell (not to mention Bayern). Liverpool are behind in the league so they can't really rest players either. If Liverpool had a 10 point lead in the league and City had a ton of injuries I would understand the concern but now it's premature.
It's more due to our fear of this nightmare being realized. Also they do have huge momentum. In the league the momentum has been one way for quite awhile now with Liverpool on quite a run and City looking a bit more shakey.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Liverpool winning doesn't spur us I don't know what will to be honest. They best hang up their boots

As fans, there is nothing more devastating
They've already one two big trophies. It's done feck all to kick us into action.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Lets just say that I dont give a shit about what other clubs do in the next 3 years. United dont have a say in it and better have a look at themselves to sort the mess out than looking at others.

Stretfordender

Horrible to even contemplate those scumbags winning all four. The Glazers & hierarchy of the club don’t care though ‘brand United’ all the way to the bank.

Judas

Open to offers
Fair play to them if they manage it, I’d hate it and it would be awful to witness, but they don’t have a squad like City so if they can win them all? It would be ridiculous.

Hughes35

Still don't think they will. I do unfortunately think they will pick up one of the Cl and PL though (And possibly the FA)

I'm hoping by some miracle City win the FA cup + PL and somebody else wins the CL.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I wonder, if it can only be one, would Pool fans prefer CL or the League? (FA Cup obviously out of question)
Majority of football fans would obviously always take CL but given Liverpools long drought recently I wonder if PL is still more appealing.

youmeletsfly

It's the first time I really don't mind City or Liverpool winning everything, I just don't give a feck.

No matter where and how their money come from, Liverpool and City have organizations built with a single goal in mind, win football games and play attractive footie.
While City and Liverpool are busy winning and developing further, we're still stuck in the old Man United way, still having players like Rashy, Martial(not atm), Lingard, Mata around. I'm not even going to start about the managers. In the last 3 years we've had bench warmers as managers.

So, all in all, congrats to them if they do it, even if I'm almost puking writing this.

RopersReturn

Definitely on plus Klopps much better than Pep at mind games and rarely loses his rag when being interviewed.
It’s going be horrendous listening to the RAWK supporters gloat for what will seem an eternity whilst making digs at our demise.

Bwuk

I actually think they'll do it disturbingly.

They'll get past Benfica with ease. City aren't in the best form. We could do with Bayern pumping them in the semi. I think whoever wins that game wins the CL.

Drizzle

Hurts to say it but I believe they are currently the best side in the world. City are technically better but they lack the attacking firepower and options of Liverpool. The sheer amount and variety of goals Liverpool can score means that their opposition will always have to take whatever chances they can get to have a chance. And that doesn't seem to be happening this season eg yesterday for Forest (it happened a lot last season).

No team outside England will live with them. Bayern, Real etc are good but nothing special. They'd need everything to go their way to get past Liverpool. Chelsea will be a bigger threat and at least they showed in the league Cup final that on their day they can cause Liverpool problems.

Therefore I place Liverpool as favourites for all remaining 3 competitions. Doesn't mean they'll win them all but they've got a pretty good chance. Fitness and luck will be important. Ferguson always emphasised momentum at this stage of the season, and clearly Liverpool have insane momentum right now.

I think they have a very good chance of winning 3 this season, and a reasonable chance of the quadruple.

I'm in football hell.

Josh 76

Why has the quadruple talk gone into overdrive over night ?

Everyone is acting like they just beat City or Chelsea in the FA cup and now have a clear run in the competition. They won a game against a championship side, which they were fully expecting to. It’s now that the tricky games start.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There are a lot of fake humble Liverpool fans on the caf
We might be fake scared. But humble? No.
I wonder, if it can only be one, would Pool fans prefer CL or the League? (FA Cup obviously out of question)
Majority of football fans would obviously always take CL but given Liverpools long drought recently I wonder if PL is still more appealing.
PL ------------> CL ---> FA Cup

Chelsea, City, Utd are hopefully not threatening our European haul in my lifetime. And I hope I live another 25-30 years IA. So would love to push ahead in the PL stakes before Utd find their feet again.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Definitely got to be the league for me. We’ve been unlucky a couple times and I’d love us to get another in the cabinet and be able to celebrate it this time actually.

Josh 76

Definitely got to be the league for me. We’ve been unlucky a couple times and I’d love us to get another in the cabinet and be able to celebrate it this time actually.
From the scenes I saw last time you won it, there was havoc outside Anfield!

slash

Agreed. Based on personal experiences, most neutral Brits actually say United is bigger. But many of the other foreigners(Europeans and North Americans) and South American fellas said they consider LFC bigger. United are massive in parts of Scandinavia and South Asian countries.
Liverpool has the largest fanbase in scandinavia. In Norway it has the largest fanbase of any other club. Small country though...

Statue of Limitations

They aren't favourites for ANY of the trophies, all three is ridiculous.
Not happening, my money is actually on:

FA Cup - Semis
CL - Semis
League - 2nd, but with a good points total, maybe 5 behind City.

Not a bad season, but hardly amazing.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
The reason that a lot of us are saying we won't is because it's never been done and would take a herculean effort to do.

One bad game and the chance of a quadruple is over. We have 16 games max left to play. We're certainly not going to win all 16 of them, so the quadruple really isn't going to happen.

Priority for me is the league, always has been, but to win that, realistically, we have to beat City at the Etihad. That's going to take a huge effort and playing every 3/4 days for the rest of the season doesn't allow for any respite.

Smithy89

If City slip again in the league then it's on, I just can't see them losing in the CL.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
I still fancy City to win the league.
Remember how they went on run in the 18-19 season. I fancy a repeat of that.

Plus we are due a bad result in the league.

Kiru

Supports
Liverpool
I think us winning just the league cup will be disappointing after the season we are having but the quad is a tall order.

Winning the fa cup would make it a good season and winning CL/PL an incredible one.

I can't even begin to imagine the quadriple because I have seen many seemingly unbeatable sides lose it on one bad day (city couple of years ago vs spurs) and I think we're not really unbeatable side as seen in multiple matches earlier in the season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
How are United the bigger club if Liverpool are so far ahead in Europe?

If Liverpool win another CL will that make them the biggest club in England?

For the elite global clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca European victories are extremely important in their legacy as a club and global stature.

Surely United need more of it too to be at that very top table!

Can someone explain this to me, I am not English.
Juventus are the biggest club in Italy, not Milan

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Juventus are the biggest club in Italy, not Milan
Juventus has 36 first division league titles. Nearly twice as much as Milan.

United have 1 more first division league title than Liverpool.

Big difference.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Juventus has 36 first division league titles. Nearly twice as much as Milan.

United have 1 more first division league title than Liverpool.

Big difference.
Juve are seen as much bigger than Milan; United are bigger than Liverpool but nowhere near as much.

Also Milan has many more CLs than Juve compared to the gap between Pool & United.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Even if Liverpool fail to win the league this season, they will inevitably win a league title before us. Might as well get it over and done with.

Josh 76

I think us winning just the league cup will be disappointing after the season we are having but the quad is a tall order.

Winning the fa cup would make it a good season and winning CL/PL an incredible one.

I can't even begin to imagine the quadriple because I have seen many seemingly unbeatable sides lose it on one bad day (city couple of years ago vs spurs) and I think we're not really unbeatable side as seen in multiple matches earlier in the season.
The first half of the season I think you guys had a ok season. There were even Liverpool fans criticising the team/recruitment after the first leg league cup 0-0 draw against Arsenal. That was only a few weeks ago.

With Chelsea’s injuries to key players and City’s premature title celebrations have given you momentum which you have taken full advantage of.

if you guys win the league cup and come close to win any other, it will be a very good season. This team is no way as good as the Liverpool team of a couple of years ago.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well 1 PL title doesn't scream elite either. Yes United should have won more than 3 CL but then 3 CLs are no mean achievement either. Also, you need some luck as well to win CL, and unfortunately United haven't had the greatest of them.
Not to mention that our team that was about to conquer Europe was tragically killed then we had the European ban in the 80's and the foreigner rule which held us back in the 90's. Liverpool were fortunate to be a very good team at the right time.